UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS.

I went in for a group interview, was kind of awkward because everyone just had to stand in the office while the clerk desk was open and customers were coming in and out, but after being hired I realized there really isn't anywhere to conduct interviews in a lot of these locations. I was called into two interviews I believe and I was basically hired on the second one. The first one included personal interviews where you were called away from the group one by one and then usually if you are called back for another interview, you will be hired. It took a really long time from the hiring date to actually start my first day of work however.. Almost a month I beleive

Interview Questions
  • Interviews aren't long, they just asked for your information and made sure you understood that this was a physical job that required safety procedures to be followed every day at every shift.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

It was very laid back and easy, we took a tour of the plant in a group walk through with other people looking for work. After the tour ended we were told that if the job wasn't for us we could leave with no hard feelings and no questions ask.

Nothing really.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in March 2015.

The supervisors gathered a group of about ten people and summarized the job. They then called people one by one into an office to gather basic information. I had to enter some more information when I got home (direct deposit, etc.). I was called later asked if I could start in a day or two.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in March 2015.

Arrive on time and wait for the other people that is getting interview. When the person call our names we follow then from there she told use what the pay is which is $11.00 in NY and orientation pay was $10. Than the interview was average what the last jobs you did and why you want to work for ups. After that you wait for the background test to clear then you get a date to report for a 4 day training course which well quiz you and give you hands on training to see if you can do more than just loading packages. Like loader which load the trailer and unloaded which unload the trailer. After all that it depends if you know the safety rules of ups to pass the quiz to see if you are good to work in a fast pace environment if you did not pass the first quiz then try again no pressure.

Interview Questions
    If you need money and can work from 4am-8am and have the rest of the day for yourself than go for it. If you do not want the jobs than it may depend on luck to land a job in this economy.

Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

They give you first a tour of the shop, explain what you need to do and what it about the job, after that return to a room and they said we need to call after. Two days if we are interest in the job, because they don't call you that what the. Hhrr said ,well I call for appointment for a interwia and then never call me back so many words was a waist of time

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

HR department asked basic questions. It lasted for 15 minutes.the interview was at 11 pm in the evening. Very casual. She reviewed my online application. She showed me the sorters chart that needs to memorized if I chose to be a sorter.

Interview Questions
    • Main question was, HR stated that they have been through a lot of interviews so what makes me stand out more than other candidates? Other general background questions. Did not ask for references and did not dig too deep into my background. She mainly was looking for if I have the ability to do the job.   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

It was easy to get invited to the orientation and start work. As long as your background was clean and you didn't have a felony, you were accepted. If you want to get promoted quickly, apply for the MAPP process or for a Driver position as soon as your probationary period is over. Keep on pressuring them for what ever you want to do and show that you are willing to do the work. Don't show up late and go above and beyond.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Took the tour. HR did a good job scaring people away with "hard labor, early morning/late night, etc". I asked a few drivers and they said it wasn't super hard, just a little tough if not a morning person.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a workplace accident occurred?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had any kind of conflict with another employee?   Answer Question

Pay wasn't great and the union dues seemed ridiculous to me for a low paying job

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in February 2015.

It was an easy interview. First there was a tour of the facility with the rest of the applicants and then a one on one interview. He asked very basic questions and he also discuss if I was ok with the salary that I will receive. He said it is hard work and wanted to make sure that I was willing to work hard. This is the easiest interview that I have ever had.

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in February 2015.

Were informed about the hours, the shift time, and the responsibilities the position entails. The person in charge of the orientation/interview was honest about the duties of the employees and made every effort to weed out disinterested candidates. As a group we were also shown the area of the facility in which we'd be working if hired there.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Why do you want to work for UPS?
      Q: Do you have reliable transportation to the work site?

View Answer