UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

1.7

145 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in September 2014.

Applied yesterday, got the facility tour tomorrow. Hoping the rest of the process continues this smoothly. This would be my first job and my first contact from anyone all summer regardless of the countless applications. I will update this after tomorrow to share my experience.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UPS in September 2014.

The HR woman was pretty cool. She was very fun to listen to and it felt like I had already been hired. We sat as a group around a conference table for about an hour talking about the good and bad parts of the job, and the high turnover due to tardiness for the sunrise shift (3AM-8:30AM). At the end she revealed the wage to be expected which was surprisingly only 11hr which is breadcrumbs in Seattle, WA. I would be willing to do it for 15-17hr at those hours and with the difficulty of the job. I'm totally bummed because I can't afford to work there. It would be worth the sacrifice if i was looking to eventually apply for a driver position, but I was most interested in part time work during college.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in September 2010.

Simple quick, basic question Asked a lot of question about if i could handle the work load as well as if i could handle the hours (grave yard shift) Asked about how much i expected to get payed and how much i wanted to get paid

Was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

I applied as a package handler and was able to schedule an interview immediately upon filling out an online application. I thought this was cool but when I got there I realized there was nothing cool about this position.

I was sat down with a few other men applying for the position and a woman came out and told us about it. She said that she wasn't going to lie and that the work is extremely hard,

She then took us on a tour into the warehouse and the place felt like something out of a nightmare. It was unbearably loud with endless beeping noises. Employees were being screamed at to work harder. The tour leader said that people unloading must lift one heavy package every three seconds or a total of 1,200 packages per hour. I would have thought such an arduous task was humanly impossible but somehow they expect employees to do it.

They offered me the job without asking many questions, but I knew I wasn't up for the task and declined.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many questions. They did most of the talking.   Answer Question

I wasn't going to subject myself to that kind of torture.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS.

Submit your resume online, then you will be asked to reserve an appointment online. Be there on time. First, HR will give a speech, then you will tour the whole faculty. Thus, the interview begins. Normal behavioral questions, nothing hard.

No negotiation

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Quick get to know you at the main office followed by a tour of the facilities with Q&A at the end, with the tour guides asking if you still think you can do the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Well, it was a pretty straightforward interview. Met at the security check and then walked into the facility to meet our representative. Took about a half an hour or so to tour the facility. Then, we were asked if the position seemed like something that you could see yourself doing and if the hours worked with your schedule (there were two shifts available at the time). We were then given a background check paper to fill out if we were interested and interviewed one by one. Most questions the HR rep that I had said were things like, "Why do you want to work for UPS?" & "What makes you qualified for this position?" But, for myself, it was a cake walk. Was told they would give me a call back if they felt I was right for the position. This was on a Thursday. They followed up and called me in for a second interview the following week on Tuesday, so overall I had a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    No negoations. Take it or leave it. They offered me $11.35/hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS in October 2013.

We were talked to in a group. If you fill out the application online and they do not give you an interview by the time you are done with the online application you will probably not get hired. If you did and it is in a big city for a main hub there will be other people in the class everyone gets a tour he ask if you think you can do the job and if you say yes you come back and then you are hired you fill out paper work as a class and then you get your start day and time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

Applied online, was informed of open house interviews, selected a date, was told about the job, mentioned that I worked Christmas and no offer was made at the end of the season (even surprising my driver) and was asked to return three days later with ID and direct deposit information. I had that with me. The second interview entailed filling out forms and the interviewer said someone would get back to me. That was April, this is August. According to the website my application is active. Unbaptized babies no longer go to limbo but people willing to start work at four in the morning remain in limbo indefinitely.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Applied online at UPS.com for a part-time package handler position. They're constantly advertising around here for this position. I was able to schedule a tour of the facility online. This tour is mandatory. Basically, you do to the facility at the time of the shift you want, sit in a room with other people who are interested in the position, and get a speech on the pay, benefits, what you do, etc. The HR person basically made it sound like you would be working in a living hell. 20 people showed up to my tour. One guy walked out. After the tour (1.5-2 hours long), you go back to the room and they schedule 1-on-1 interviews the following day with those who want it.

Some tips: Follow the instructions and wear jeans to the tour. Do not bring your cell phone or other junk. Your drama can wait til you leave. The instructions were very clear about this, yet a half dozen people showed up with cell phones, jewelry, etc and got kicked out of the tour.

I went to the interview the next day. I arrived 12 mins ahead of schedule. I had to wait 90 minutes past the scheduled interview time. No one else was waiting, just me. They kept asking me repeatedly if I had checked in, and I had. They kept confirming that I was indeed checked in on the list. This doesn't inspire much confidence in their organizational skills. After this monumental wait, I get taken back by someone in HR for an interview.

Questions were routine and expected. I was only asked 3 questions:Why do you want to work for UPS? Why should we choose you over (I'm paraphrasing here) all the billions of highly qualified people who can also lift boxes? Have you ever had any warehouse experience before?

She noted my address immediately from my application. I was moving in 2 days, and my new house was only 7 miles from the UPS facility. My old address, which was on the application because I applied before my move, was about 25 miles away. She (HR person) made a really big deal about it, then eventually wrote my the fact I was moving closer down on a post-it note. I think this is a big strike against you... if you aren't within football throwing distance of the hub.

I showed up to the interview in a polo shirt and khakis. I didn't want to be in a tie for this position and I also didn't want to look like a low life. The HR person was very taken aback by this and asked initially if I was interviewing for a driver position. She had no idea why I was there, actually, until I told her. She made a really big deal about the clothes... how this isn't a desk job, etc etc. I think the clothes were a strike against me. So my advice is, go in looking like a homeless bum, or at least wear jeans and t-shirt to the interview. Don't try to look nice.

The whole interview took maybe 15 minutes, about 11 minutes of which she wasn't paying any attention to me and just clicking stuff on the computer. At the end she said we were done. I asked about next steps, and if/when I'd hear from them on the position. She said "right now we're just interviewing," and I left it at that.

3 weeks later, no call.

Interview Questions

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!