UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Windsor, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Signed in early and ended up being called up first for the interview. HR asked me a few basic questions and had me come in for fingerprints the next day in the morning. Now I'm waiting for the background check to go through and hopefully get the call back soon. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for UPS? What is your past experience? Do you intend on being temporary or long-term?   7 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UPS (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Very long time ago. Applied at school. Went to interview and started right away. I was hired so long ago that the process has changed a lot. Back in the 80s they were looking for anyone in school or the military

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Very simple, very brief and purely a gut feeling type of hiring system by the interviewer. You are asked a series of yes or no questions. When they are done, they will ask you some more specific question. The job does require 2 and sometimes 3 interviews to nail down the specifics. Make it past the first interview and you are in good shape.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work in extremely hot conditions? Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Arrived the the HR room with other candidates. Soon after we received a tour of the warehouse. When the tour was done the HR representative answered questions. After that we were individually called into an office for our interviews. The interview was brief and very easy.

Interview Questions

• The questions mainly regarded my transportation.   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

You have a 1 on 1 with what seemed like HR. If you are still interested you come back and take a tour of the hub. After that if still interested they will contact you and you will interview with HR as well as the Manager of the Hub. That interview was very easy. My personal experience with it was me mostly listening to the manager talk with only being asked very basic questions. Like I said if you want the job you will most likely get it. If all goes well you will be called in to fill out paperwork as well as starting training which is paid.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS in August 2015.

Interview

When they tell you don't bring a phone don't bring a phone they will make you take it back to your car. You walk in after that through a metal detector the room will be hot but you should already know that. They will take you on a tour then you will get a call the next day for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any scheduling problems   1 Answer

You have to be there Monday to Friday 5-10 that's no problem but you get no days off

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Anaheim, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Information session was a weed out phase. Program director told a group of us how the hours are typically 3.5 per day mon-fri and the pay is 10/hour. You have to pay $300 to enter the union there so that takes a bunch of money off your first few months of working. If you have this job and another you would be ok. They are basically paying you to do a leg workout in the morning or at night every day for $10/hour.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to lift 70 lbs   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UPS (Mesquite, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by HR to come in for a walk through to view the operations and see if it's a position I would be interested in. I interviewed for the package handler position and I was told about the different shifts and which one I wanted to choose from. I interviewed about what the position entailed with the weather and lifting. I was asked if I could handle the fast pace that was required. The constant changing of being moved around wherever needed to get the work out. It was a great interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked did I think I could have it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Took a tour of the facility and HR stress how physically demanding the job is. After the tour scheduled time for 1on1 interview and questions were straight forward and simple

Interview Questions

• Explain an event when safety was important, can you lift 70lbs? Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Very basic interview. Took about 10 minutes if that. Interview was with the building manager and the floor manager. Asked about 5 questions in total. Can you lift 50lbs? When can you start? How did you hear about the job? Overall the interview was quick and easy.