UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014

1.7

154 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in September 2014.

Applied yesterday, got the facility tour tomorrow. Hoping the rest of the process continues this smoothly. This would be my first job and my first contact from anyone all summer regardless of the countless applications. I will update this after tomorrow to share my experience.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Part Time Package Handler Interview

The whole process took forever. I applied online and just when I thought I wasn't going to get a call, I got a call after about a month. I went in for a group interview, where they just explained what we would be doing. After the interview, they set up an orientation for those that still wanted to continue in the hiring process and met their availability. I went to the orientation, where they gave me a "behind the scene" look to what the position would require doing. However, even after that, they still took a long time to call me about the position. Apparently, HR was always busy. I finally got an offer for the position but unfortunately, it was too late. I was heading back to college and had to decline the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

I applied online and it instantly gave me date and time for a tour. I went to the tour, which was being overseen by someone other than the usual person, who was on vacation. During the tour 11 of us watched the people work for a few minutes, then we were told about how important punctuality is and how great working for UPS would be (benefits, great pay, promotion opportunities). Since HR person was on vacation, we were all told to come back the next week.

The next week I came back, and 9 of us showed up for the interview. I came about 10 minutes early but was still the last person there -- I waited in line for an hour and a half, and by the time I got in to do my interview, it was obvious she was bored. While the first interviews took about 20 minutes each, the last five or so took less than half that. I was in there for about seven minutes. Questions were typical -- Why do I want to work at UPS, questions about my school/schedule, if I'm willing to get proper boots (they said boots were required -- but I didn't see anyone wearing boots working), description of what I'll be doing on the job and asking if I can do these things.

I was told I'll be getting a call in about a week after she interviews that week's applicants. At the writing of this review, it has been one week and they interviewed the applicants today. I have yet to receive a call, although I may get a call tomorrow or the day after.

On the positive side, before the interviews the interviewer was a pleasant lady, and all of the other employees seemed to have bright personalities. While waiting for the interview, I had a nice chat with a driver, and then a more nicely dressed man who I assume works in a higher up position in the facility.

On the negative side, this experience has left me feeling that UPS does not respect my time and exploits the fact that people need jobs. Scheduled interviews like those held in most other jobs would've been much preferred.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Unexpected: I was drilled concerning my workout routines, and she drilled in on every little detail (down to my pace starting a run and ending a run, how many sets I do in my workouts, type of workouts, weights used, if I alternate days, etc, and she wrote it all down).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Applied through the company website. Received a phone call within a week inviting me to an interview. The interviewer asked very standard interview questions mainly focusing on past experience. Upon excepting the offer I was asked to return for an informational session and to fill out paperwork in a group setting before beginning our training on site.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your biggest weakness?" This is a standard question, but is never an easy one to answer.   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

It was more like a group at the beginning. We all sat in the conference room and the manager introduce himself. After the manager discuss the process of how the job and union labor work he did a one on one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

The hiring was different. The first round was a tour of the facility and a very brief overview of the company including a few slides about benefits. Honestly, the presentation was lousy. There were 15 of us grouped together to look over the plant with an HR rep. that could barely be heard above the hum of the moving belts. Additionally, the rep. rapped up the plant tour by saying, "I can schedule an appointment for a second interview if any of you are still interested in working at UPS". It felt as if this person was apologizing. When did you make a real effort to win me over? After several questions at the end I felt like I had a decent idea of what was expected.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. It was a straight forward and simple.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

I signed up online for the tour of the company. We went through and were showed the inner workings and how the company functioned. Next we were sitting in a waiting room scheduling interviews and everybody there got one, so then I set up an interview. The interview went well and had all basic questions.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Submit your resume online, then you will be asked to reserve an appointment online. Be there on time. First, HR will give a speech, then you will tour the whole faculty. Thus, the interview begins. Normal behavioral questions, nothing hard.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

The HR woman was pretty cool. She was very fun to listen to and it felt like I had already been hired. We sat as a group around a conference table for about an hour talking about the good and bad parts of the job, and the high turnover due to tardiness for the sunrise shift (3AM-8:30AM). At the end she revealed the wage to be expected which was surprisingly only 11hr which is breadcrumbs in Seattle, WA. I would be willing to do it for 15-17hr at those hours and with the difficulty of the job. I'm totally bummed because I can't afford to work there. It would be worth the sacrifice if i was looking to eventually apply for a driver position, but I was most interested in part time work during college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

Applied online weeks beforehand didnt get an appointment untill just recently. Showed up at facility, waited about an hour before interviews began, were about 7 other people there with me, interview was quick and simple, was done in about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
    I was able to choose the shift that worked for me. No need to dress fancy, it is just loading and unloading, no need for resume, can submit application online beforehand.