UPS

Getting the Interview

114 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ontario, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UPS in July 2010.

Interview Details – I first applied for them, then i didnt hear from them so i emailed them and they contacted me right after and we set up and interview date. that day soon arrived answered there questions perfectly and they hired me on the spot. i started a week later. fast process if they like you. if not keep trying and dont give up. once your in you'll be happy you did.

Interview Question – why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Hodgkins, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS in June 2013.

Interview Details – There was no online app for the CACH location I work at, so I applied to another location. I heard to get hired at CACH you need to have a referral or hired through a recruiter. I had a friend give the management my name and within a day I had received a call asking to come in for an interview. In the interview they ask whether a min of 17.5 hrs/wk and ~$105/wk checks to start would be acceptable. They ask very basic questions about transportation(public transportation is very good.) working with others, and MOST IMPORTANT is when they ask, "what does safety mean to you". They stress work safety by preventing accidents. they called back 4 days later and set up a tour a week later. Several applicants take a tour and decide whether they would like the job or not. They have you set up your direct deposit and union papers that very day. Then you are instructed to call with a date you are available. Applications are good for either a year or half a year. so if you call and say I can start in 4 months, they usually accept your date. Then they will call you to let you know a start date. You start on a Monday about 2 weeks after the tour.

Interview Question – What does safety mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. A company that big does not negotiate for its lowest level workers.

Hot Springs, AR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in February 2014.

Interview Details – Went on first interview there were several other people. I was the only female. I was taken to the side like everyone else told about the job. Ask a few questions and told they would call me.

Interview Question – Would you be able to get to work in bad weather?   Answer Question

Riviera Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, was set up for facility tour after application was submitted. Showed up at 6am with about 11 other applicants. We were brought into a room, given a job description and then taken to the trucks. We were broken off into 3 small groups to go into trucks and have job described to us. Took about an hour all together. After we were finished HR rep concluded the tour and sent us all home saying they would call us if we were going to go further. 2 people talked to HR rep and went back inside. We were not given the opportunity to speak with her or follow up in any way. I was extremely dissapointed and dissatisfied at this treatment.

Interview Question – None were asked   Answer Question

Hodgkins, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS in March 2014.

Interview Details – I filled the application online, went for two interviews. The first interview was basically some stuff they wanted to confirm liked name, address, phone number,etc. One question I got asked was, Why did you apply for the job?. The second interview I went to was a tour of the facility, were they show you how the job is being done. At the end of the interview they gave me a sheet of paper where they told me to call someone back for a star date. I'm still waiting to be called back.

Interview Question – No difficulty question pretty easy.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in December 2010.

Interview Details – It is all about availablity!

Interview Question – Are you able to sit at home when not needed so other union employees can work and come in when and if we need you??   Answer Question

Columbus, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS in August 2012.

Interview Details – Called in for a one on one interview after the hiring manager received my resume from a 3rd party. Pretty easy process and straightforward

Interview Question – What is your favorite color   Answer Question

Willow Grove, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at UPS in April 2010.

Interview Details – They take you through the facility and give you a tour.
Save your questions for later, most places its too loud, you won't be able to have them answered in a group setting. Then back to HR where they go over the pro's and con's of a job at ups. There are many of each which you need to be honest about in considering if you would fit in here.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you will be able to lift up to 70lbs comfortably for 3 to 4 hours a day?
    Handle from 1100 to 1600 packages an hour? (yes that's one every 3 seconds) Pick it up, step to a belt and place it down. Sometimes off of the floor.
      View Answer
  • Do you have any problem bending your knees or any back issues?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – "negotiation is irrelevant" You take the entry level union pay scale or you don't.

Jackson, MS

I applied online and interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – To get ready for a interview at UPS you should get there at lease 45 minutes early and be prepared to work around the plant in a fast pace as the HR manager shows you around to all the different departments of the plant. Wear comfortable shoes and leave all cell phones and loose hanging chains at home or in your vehicle.

Interview Question – I cant think of any difficult question that would be ask of anyone applying for a job at UPS.   Answer Question

Interviewed at UPS

Interview Details – Easy interview.. Pretty much had the job

Interview Question – None really. Easy interview period   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UPS

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!

UPS Videos

UPS – Why Work for Us?

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better, from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UPS Part Time Package Handler interview questions and advice. All 114 interview reviews posted anonymously by UPS employees and interview candidates.