UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (Windsor, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Signed in early and ended up being called up first for the interview. HR asked me a few basic questions and had me come in for fingerprints the next day in the morning. Now I'm waiting for the background check to go through and hopefully get the call back soon. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for UPS? What is your past experience? Do you intend on being temporary or long-term?   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Very basic interview. Took about 10 minutes if that. Interview was with the building manager and the floor manager. Asked about 5 questions in total. Can you lift 50lbs? When can you start? How did you hear about the job? Overall the interview was quick and easy.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

I went in for a interview/tour of facility. All part time package handler have to tour the facility to get a sense of the physicality of the job, I believe. The interview was brief with standard questions like where do you live, do you go to school, what shift are you applying for, etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want the job? It's very physical and it's not for everyone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was fairly easy. Being prior military helped a bit. I took a tour of the facility before starting the interview, she asked about my education and military experience. She then said she will recommend me to work on the ramp because I'm tough from my military experience and dependable with opportunities to move up quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable $10.10 per hour.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

Hire anyone that walks through the door despite their physical condition or if they are qualified for the job. Basic interview like you would get at most entry level jobs. Complete a bunch of questions on a computer as well. Not much to it really. Like I said, they hire ANYONE to fill numbers.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift 75 pounds? Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Interview

I was attending a local college and they came to our campu. I applied right then and there. I received a call a week later and interviewed. Got the job right away. It was pretty easy just show confidence in your abilities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UPS (Edison, NJ).

Interview

It was simple, asked direct questions, talked about what the job would be like. Talked about career advancement within the company, and basic history of UPS. It was pretty much a simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your level of fitness   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS (DFW, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. Most of the questions answers were hard facts, not based much on subjectivity. It is very hard not to get an offer. I have worked with ups in the past and that seemed to be a benefit, but not a big one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UPS (Orem, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

They first showed us the workplace then had a one on one interview with the HR. I was there with two other candidates but only one position was open so in other words your there competing for the job against the others that are there with you. The interview itself was pretty short. They needed a one year commitment but that doesnt mean that youll be in that specific position for a year, after about a month you can start testing to move around into different positions.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (Greenville, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Went in and took a tour of the facility also interacted with some of the current package handlers to see what the job consists of. It's nonstop work with minimum pay($11/hr). The free benefits after a year of employment is the balance to the low wage. I was told they like to target the college crowd as they have position they would like to fill if your college degree fits the position.