UPS

Average Difficulty
131 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Interview Details – You arrive to the site and wait outside for everyone else to arrive. The site manager comes out to gather everyone in a huddle and went down the roster. Next, she talked a little about the position and made sure everyone was still interested. We was advised that the tour would take approx. two hours (which it did). We walked through security and went on a tour of the site. She described all three departments (forget the titles of them). Afterwards, we huddled and she went into detail regarding opportunities of growth, benefits, and pay structure. Towards the end, we went downstairs to a classroom and filled out a sheet for general background information. Lastly, we had to go into a separate room and have a 10 - 15 minute one-on-one with the site manager. This interview was very causal and informal. The site manager was very relatable.

Interview Questions

Part-time Package Handler Interview

Part-time Package Handler
Acworth, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online. Received a call to come in for a tour of the facility. I arrived 10-15 minutes before the tour and one of the employees showed me and another guy around, and explained the position. It seemed as if they were trying to scare us with the amount of work/lifting required. I was told I would be called within the next two weeks for an interview.

The following week I was called in for an interview. I arrived 15 minutes before my interview time and there were four other men there for interviews. Some interviews took longer than others. When I went in, the interviewer told me she's looking at my address and a different location is closer to my house. I explained that I applied to the other position, but had not heard anything from them. She essentially told me they have a lot of applicants and I need to wait. She did not ask me any interview questions, she based her decision solely on my address. The other location is actually 5-7 minutes shorter of a commute, so I didn't understand the big deal. Furthermore, they had my address before I came in for both the tour and the interview, so they could have made that decision without me being present.

Interview Question – I was only asked to confirm my address.   View Answer

Ontario, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in October 2010.

Interview Details – nothing out of the ordinary you would expect coming from and interview all you do is show up with a group of people they give a group interview then they pull each person one on one for an inteview and then they let you go home and they tell when your leaving if we need you or you check out we call you

Interview Question – maybe school if school was important but nothing big   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – Applied online, and scheduled an interview/tour thing. Went down there and there were 25 other people there total interviewing as well. The lady took us through the warehouse and told us about everything. Then we were led back to the first building and had to wait in line as we were interviewed one by one. I was pretty much in the middle of the line at least, and ended up waiting about an hour. The actual interview was really quick. She didn't even ask anything like why I wanted to work there, she just quickly looked over the paper I(and everyone else) filled out and asked about hour availability and if I was going to college or not. That was pretty much it then I left.

Whole thing took like 2 or 3 hours, most of it was waiting in line for the extremely short interview.

Coralville, IA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was very straight forward. After online application, was called and email regarding a job visit to discuss job details. Arrived early morning to group interview. Took a quick tour and had individual interview. Had a couple of days to decide if the job was for me or not.

Interview Question – Was asked if the work hours bothered me or not (3am-8:30am). Difficult to answer because wasn't sure of myself.   View Answer

Ontario, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – Asked questions, explained position, salary, benefits and hours. Explained company culture, which is a lie. Signed forms, I9, gave drivers license. Asked what my previous jobs were and what I did. Asked why I wanted to work at UPS. (They do offer a good service).

Interview Question – Can you lift 7lbs   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. After 2 weeks, I was emailed to come to a information session. First interview was a group information session about what to expect if hired. Was about 20 people there and we were called 1 by 1 for a very short interview. The interview was 4 questions asking: was I able to lift 70 pounds, how much exercise do I get, am I willing to work for 10/hour, will I be able to make it to work on time everyday. Second interview was a tour of the facility with about 4 other people. I was asked the same questions to reassure I still wanted to work there after touring the facility. Was contacted about 3 weeks later to start.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

Interview Details – We met at the guard shack and was escorted by the HR representatives to a conference room. The HR representatives explained the job in further detail about the job that we were applying for. After about a half hour or so, we eventually left the conference room for individual interviews.

Interview Question – Can you lift 75 lbs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was really easy and straight forward. Asked simple questions. Like can I do the physical labor needed for the job. Do I show up on time. Have I ever been convicted on a felony.

Interview Question – Can I lift 75 lbs.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in February 2014.

Interview Details – Fist step was a walk through of the entire building and the different areas. Interview process was very step by step and simple. They called me and scheduled an interview. One on one interview was short and sweet. They called and set up my orientation from that point. Overall one of the easiest hiring processes I have been through.

Interview Question – Would you see yourself as management material   Answer Question

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!