UPS

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI
Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

They give you first a tour of the shop, explain what you need to do and what it about the job, after that return to a room and they said we need to call after. Two days if we are interest in the job, because they don't call you that what the. Hhrr said ,well I call for appointment for a interwia and then never call me back so many words was a waist of time

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

HR department asked basic questions. It lasted for 15 minutes.the interview was at 11 pm in the evening. Very casual. She reviewed my online application. She showed me the sorters chart that needs to memorized if I chose to be a sorter.

Interview Questions
    • Main question was, HR stated that they have been through a lot of interviews so what makes me stand out more than other candidates? Other general background questions. Did not ask for references and did not dig too deep into my background. She mainly was looking for if I have the ability to do the job.   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

It was easy to get invited to the orientation and start work. As long as your background was clean and you didn't have a felony, you were accepted. If you want to get promoted quickly, apply for the MAPP process or for a Driver position as soon as your probationary period is over. Keep on pressuring them for what ever you want to do and show that you are willing to do the work. Don't show up late and go above and beyond.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Took the tour. HR did a good job scaring people away with "hard labor, early morning/late night, etc". I asked a few drivers and they said it wasn't super hard, just a little tough if not a morning person.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a workplace accident occurred?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had any kind of conflict with another employee?   Answer Question

Pay wasn't great and the union dues seemed ridiculous to me for a low paying job

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in February 2015.

It was an easy interview. First there was a tour of the facility with the rest of the applicants and then a one on one interview. He asked very basic questions and he also discuss if I was ok with the salary that I will receive. He said it is hard work and wanted to make sure that I was willing to work hard. This is the easiest interview that I have ever had.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS.

I was surprised at how many people were there along with me -- if they do the tour/interview every day for a bunch of consecutive days, seems like I have some competition! They brought us into the facility, read us a printout explaining wages/benefits/union dues and the physical intensity of the job, then led us to the loading and unloading areas, as well as explaining sorting. We stood inside a semi truck and looked at the conveyor belts moving packages along. For unloading it seems like you just tear the packages out as fast as you can while still making sure they're address-label-up -- the loading part we didn't get to see as the truck the interviewer took us to was half-full but vacant, I guess they were on break. The interview was super brief, so brief I forgot my well-rehearsed speech (lol) and who knows what the interviewer thought of me.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected -- just do you have any questions, do you have any experience in this type of job, do think you'd do this job 12+ months.   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Quiet.constant amount of videos.I was instructed to be safe and to help others when asked of my assistance. I was told not to exit doorways/parking areas unless off clock. Injuries were my fault and not their responsibility.

Interview Questions
    There was not an initiation or inquiry of negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS.

This is for the Air Ramp position, working outdoors:

I started an application online. I did not finish it, but received an email reminding me that they had positions available and inviting me to finish my app. Once I did so, I was able to schedule an interview for the very next day. I parked at the facility and signed in with a group of other people waiting to interview.

We all entered a room with a big table. The HR person went over what she called "the good, the bad and the ugly", starting with "the ugly". She was very straightforward about how challenging this position is. She explained we would be working outside in all types of weather. She said we could often be on our knees in the belly of a plane loading and unloading packages. The shifts would start at either 4a or 10p (we could choose which we preferred). She was sure to emphasize the physical demands of the job. She also pointed out that the starting pay is $10/hour. It is a union position, so the union would be deducting $25 from your pay for the first 10 weeks for the initiation fee, then $25 monthly thereafter.

Once she was done with that, she asked if there was anyone who felt they were no longer interested in the position. One person expressed having arthritis in his hands and left. She thanked them for being honest. There was no shaming. She then went on with "the good": full benefits after one year, $5500 per year tuition reimbursement after 90 days, discounts with various merchants and upward mobility. UPS has a culture of hiring/promoting from within the company. I got the impression that this was a very real possibility and that one could do so relatively quickly.

She then conducted brief, individual interviews with each of us. She asked when was the last time I did work outside? How long would I plan on staying on with them? Am I physically able to complete my duties? She then offered me a job contingent on the results of my background check. Also, on my rehire code from previously working for the company. I asked for a couple of days to get back to her. I got fingerprinted in the interim, just to move the process along in case I came back with a yes.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected-how would I do working on a very tight schedule? (The planes have to leave at a precise time daily).   Answer Question

Looking for a higher rate of pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doraville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doraville, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at UPS.

There was no interview. I applied online, then visited local office to check on application progress, and was scheduled for a tour. If the tour doesn't run you off you're hired on probation until management runs you off or you join the union for job security. There is also no drug test for this position so there are A LOT of weed smokers.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask if you have been honest in your criminal background questions.   Answer Question
    No negation. They tell you upfront the pay rate and job position is nonnegotiable.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Piece of cake and very simple very easy. Not much to worry about when asked simple questions such as what your previous work was like, why you chose UPS an so forth

Interview Questions
    • Willingness to stay with job for said number of months   Answer Question