UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (Windsor, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Signed in early and ended up being called up first for the interview. HR asked me a few basic questions and had me come in for fingerprints the next day in the morning. Now I'm waiting for the background check to go through and hopefully get the call back soon. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for UPS? What is your past experience? Do you intend on being temporary or long-term?   5 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UPS (Mesquite, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by HR to come in for a walk through to view the operations and see if it's a position I would be interested in. I interviewed for the package handler position and I was told about the different shifts and which one I wanted to choose from. I interviewed about what the position entailed with the weather and lifting. I was asked if I could handle the fast pace that was required. The constant changing of being moved around wherever needed to get the work out. It was a great interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked did I think I could have it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Took a tour of the facility and HR stress how physically demanding the job is. After the tour scheduled time for 1on1 interview and questions were straight forward and simple

Interview Questions

• Explain an event when safety was important, can you lift 70lbs? Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Very basic interview. Took about 10 minutes if that. Interview was with the building manager and the floor manager. Asked about 5 questions in total. Can you lift 50lbs? When can you start? How did you hear about the job? Overall the interview was quick and easy.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS in July 2015.

Interview

Went to the tour then they call me to my first appointment they guy told that will call me maybe the next day and that I had to complete some information online

Interview Questions

• The HR told me in my second interview after he asked me a few questions but he said that we will call me asap but he told me that I had to complete some information at ups.com and then he will call me but I can't find anything on my profile what should I do HELP!!!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at UPS (Omaha, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

Two interviews process tour then second interview with manager of shift Told I was over qualified for the job Felt like he did want able body or anyone that knew more than him to come into the work place

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

I went in for a interview/tour of facility. All part time package handler have to tour the facility to get a sense of the physicality of the job, I believe. The interview was brief with standard questions like where do you live, do you go to school, what shift are you applying for, etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want the job? It's very physical and it's not for everyone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was fairly easy. Being prior military helped a bit. I took a tour of the facility before starting the interview, she asked about my education and military experience. She then said she will recommend me to work on the ramp because I'm tough from my military experience and dependable with opportunities to move up quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable $10.10 per hour.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

Hire anyone that walks through the door despite their physical condition or if they are qualified for the job. Basic interview like you would get at most entry level jobs. Complete a bunch of questions on a computer as well. Not much to it really. Like I said, they hire ANYONE to fill numbers.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift 75 pounds? Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Interview

I was attending a local college and they came to our campu. I applied right then and there. I received a call a week later and interviewed. Got the job right away. It was pretty easy just show confidence in your abilities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS?   1 Answer