UPS

Updated Dec 11, 2014

1.7

169 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Fast interview. As long as you're physically fit and have reliable transportation, they'll hire you. Applied online, set an appointment for a tour, interview afterwards, and then the call.

Interview Questions
  • They basically asked me why I wanted to work there... not much to it.   Answer Question
None.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

It was more like a group at the beginning. We all sat in the conference room and the manager introduce himself. After the manager discuss the process of how the job and union labor work he did a one on one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

It was a group interview (15 people) led first by the HR director and then the Union rep introduced himself and the EXACT DETAILS of the position. He was VERY direct. He basically told everybody what the job requirements were and if you agreed to it you MUST work for a full year without 1 missed day. If you decide to quit within that first year, he stated very openly to everbody the UPS policy, which is "You quit in the first year, you can NEVER EVER APPLY WITH UPS IN YOUR LIFETIME. Interesting to say the least....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Very simple and concise, applied during the holiday season offered the job immediately. Was asked ABIUT my school schedule & how long would I see myself working for the company

Interview Questions

I'm a frail 20 year old college student the work out conflicted with my schedule & they couldn't promise that I wouldn't be required to lift 70lbs items

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

The hiring was different. The first round was a tour of the facility and a very brief overview of the company including a few slides about benefits. Honestly, the presentation was lousy. There were 15 of us grouped together to look over the plant with an HR rep. that could barely be heard above the hum of the moving belts. Additionally, the rep. rapped up the plant tour by saying, "I can schedule an appointment for a second interview if any of you are still interested in working at UPS". It felt as if this person was apologizing. When did you make a real effort to win me over? After several questions at the end I felt like I had a decent idea of what was expected.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. It was a straight forward and simple.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

I signed up online for the tour of the company. We went through and were showed the inner workings and how the company functioned. Next we were sitting in a waiting room scheduling interviews and everybody there got one, so then I set up an interview. The interview went well and had all basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Found job opening on job site. Went to UPS site to complete application. At the end it said next appt/tour was later that morning. I booked it and went to the local job center where it was being held. About 15 people met in a conference room where the recruiter talked about the company and the jobs available. Then we met with her one on one for a brief interview. Just basic easy questions. She entered information into her computer as we spoke. Told her I had a felony and she acted as though it were no big deal. She said she would email once the background check came back in 5 to 7 days, although in my case it could be a little longer due to my background.

It has been three weeks and I have yet to hear from them. I hear having to wait two to three weeks is common, however.

Interview Questions
    • Can you lift 35lbs continuously and can you lift up to 70lbs?   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Submit your resume online, then you will be asked to reserve an appointment online. Be there on time. First, HR will give a speech, then you will tour the whole faculty. Thus, the interview begins. Normal behavioral questions, nothing hard.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

It's a group tour. They take you around the warehouse and show you the hell hole you'll be working in. After the tour they take you in for a 1 on 1 interview which is very quick and easy. The interview and hiring process went very well and the job seemed promising. Once the orientation started I knew this wasn't for me. There was basically no training; They just throw you into the fire. This is basically like working in a sweat shop. Low pay for extremely hard work. I would highly recommend not wasting your time.

Interview Questions
    They told me I would be making $10 an hour. Seemed okay, but once you start the work you realize you should be making twice that amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

I applied on line and was immediately offered a time and date for the initial group meeting/individual interview. At the group meeting, the HR person was very easy to talk to and appeared to be very straight forward about what to expect when employed by UPS in this position. She answered all of our questions. During the informational portion, the HR person stated that with this position, they are looking for people with a construction or landscaping background (i.e. some type of physically demanding job experience). During the individual interviews, I was asked about my background experience and whether or not I had reliable transportation. At the conclusion of the interview, I was asked to provide my birth date and social security # for a background check to be conducted. The entire process took a little more than 2 weeks to compete. In total it will take me 3 weeks, from start to finish to get to work.

No negotiation for pay. You choose what shift works best for your schedule.