UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (Greenville, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Went in and took a tour of the facility also interacted with some of the current package handlers to see what the job consists of. It's nonstop work with minimum pay($11/hr). The free benefits after a year of employment is the balance to the low wage. I was told they like to target the college crowd as they have position they would like to fill if your college degree fits the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (Spokane, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, takes around 10 minutes. You go over your application, whether you're going to school, confirm that you're physically able to do the job. I had two interviews, one with the hr rep, and one with the supervisor. The same day I went to a third person which finalized the process and asked me to provide an SSN, and then advised me to complete forms online by the following Monday bringing in an ID and SS Card. There was no facility tour.

Interview Questions

• What types of physical activity have you done in the past year that lasted more than three hours?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for UPS?   1 Answer
    • Are you physically able to lift between 50 and 75 pounds?   Answer Question
    • Are you currently going to school/taking any classes?   Answer Question
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in June 2015.

Interview

Called me and had me come in. Walked me through the place and explained what I would be doing. Didn't ask very many questions, and the questions were very simple. Very pleasant experience, easy interview. Needed my SSN to do a background check, got back with me within 5 days and gave me an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Pacific, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Pacific, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Went to the UPS website and entered my application info and once that was done I was immediately given the option of signing up for an interview date. They had an option for choosing multiple dates but only one was offered.

On the date I went to the site and went to the HR area where I and about 22 other people waited. It started with the HR woman telling us about the job and how difficult it is and how the benefits would work. She also said that UPS wanted a one year commitment, something the website never mentioned.

After her speech we went on a tour of the facility and she explained in detail what the job involved. After the tour we returned to the office and waited awhile while she decided if there was enough time for her to interview us all.

She decided there wasn't so she called us out of the office one by one and gave us days to come back for proper one on one interviews.

I decided that a one year commitment wasn't for me and decided to cancel the one one one interview.

Clothing is pretty relaxed. The environment is a warehouse so no heels or sandals but a pair of khakis and a polo is about as dressed u as anyone I saw was.

Interview Questions

• She really stressed how the job was a lot of work with no downtime aside from assigned breaks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UPS (Tukwila, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

You will take a tour of the facility and have an opportunity to interview with a Human Resources representative. The entire process will take approximately 2 hours. Since you will be going on a tour of the facility you will be required to wear appropriate footwear. Open toe shoes (i.e. flip flops, sandals, etc.) and heels are not allowed. Please bring 2 pieces of valid identification. One must be a photo ID.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Went there and said they might be open to hiring seasonal employees, so I just did a quick 5 minute tour. Got a call back saying that they would hire seasonal workers and went in for another interview. Hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

had to fill out information online, got called for a tour of the place then about a week a later an interview. There were 3 of us that day I assume more people had also applied. The facility was very big and sort of old

Anonymous Employee in Adrian, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS (Adrian, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

15 people showed up and got back ground checked. They call you back for a 2nd interview. They asked very few questions and ended offering me the job at the end. After this they called me back the following week for training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Gaithersburg, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

During the interview process, it was pretty simple. Walked in to the office room where i met other individuals who applied for the position. Was debriefed on how tough and grueling the work load will be on a daily basis. With no designated water breaks or to just catch your breath. After that we took a tour around the facility and was shown the process of how everything becomes sorted out and shipped out in time. Lastly met one on one with the HR manager where she asked 3 simple questions. Do you have reliable transportation? Are you in college? Are you able to perform the duties of the job?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (Forest Park, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

It started out with about 6 people she came and guided us inside the building where we tool a tour then she sat down with all of us ask questions and then she called us back one on one the questions was very simple and the whole interview took about 15 minutes