UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, MS
Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, MS

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Found job opening on job site. Went to UPS site to complete application. At the end it said next appt/tour was later that morning. I booked it and went to the local job center where it was being held. About 15 people met in a conference room where the recruiter talked about the company and the jobs available. Then we met with her one on one for a brief interview. Just basic easy questions. She entered information into her computer as we spoke. Told her I had a felony and she acted as though it were no big deal. She said she would email once the background check came back in 5 to 7 days, although in my case it could be a little longer due to my background.

It has been three weeks and I have yet to hear from them. I hear having to wait two to three weeks is common, however.

Interview Questions
  • Can you lift 35lbs continuously and can you lift up to 70lbs?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Submit your resume online, then you will be asked to reserve an appointment online. Be there on time. First, HR will give a speech, then you will tour the whole faculty. Thus, the interview begins. Normal behavioral questions, nothing hard.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

It's a group tour. They take you around the warehouse and show you the hell hole you'll be working in. After the tour they take you in for a 1 on 1 interview which is very quick and easy. The interview and hiring process went very well and the job seemed promising. Once the orientation started I knew this wasn't for me. There was basically no training; They just throw you into the fire. This is basically like working in a sweat shop. Low pay for extremely hard work. I would highly recommend not wasting your time.

Interview Questions
    They told me I would be making $10 an hour. Seemed okay, but once you start the work you realize you should be making twice that amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

I applied on line and was immediately offered a time and date for the initial group meeting/individual interview. At the group meeting, the HR person was very easy to talk to and appeared to be very straight forward about what to expect when employed by UPS in this position. She answered all of our questions. During the informational portion, the HR person stated that with this position, they are looking for people with a construction or landscaping background (i.e. some type of physically demanding job experience). During the individual interviews, I was asked about my background experience and whether or not I had reliable transportation. At the conclusion of the interview, I was asked to provide my birth date and social security # for a background check to be conducted. The entire process took a little more than 2 weeks to compete. In total it will take me 3 weeks, from start to finish to get to work.

No negotiation for pay. You choose what shift works best for your schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

The HR woman was pretty cool. She was very fun to listen to and it felt like I had already been hired. We sat as a group around a conference table for about an hour talking about the good and bad parts of the job, and the high turnover due to tardiness for the sunrise shift (3AM-8:30AM). At the end she revealed the wage to be expected which was surprisingly only 11hr which is breadcrumbs in Seattle, WA. I would be willing to do it for 15-17hr at those hours and with the difficulty of the job. I'm totally bummed because I can't afford to work there. It would be worth the sacrifice if i was looking to eventually apply for a driver position, but I was most interested in part time work during college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

Applied online weeks beforehand didnt get an appointment untill just recently. Showed up at facility, waited about an hour before interviews began, were about 7 other people there with me, interview was quick and simple, was done in about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
    I was able to choose the shift that worked for me. No need to dress fancy, it is just loading and unloading, no need for resume, can submit application online beforehand.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

One on one interview, basic questions if i wanted a career or just to make extra money. Seems as though they want people who want a career with the company. Said they will get back to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in September 2014.

Interview is very basic, occurs after applying online and touring the facility. Genuine interest and attitude are key. They asked questions about physical capability and being able to commit to the schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience performing tasks with safety as a top priority?   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Quick get to know you at the main office followed by a tour of the facilities with Q&A at the end, with the tour guides asking if you still think you can do the job.

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

I applied as a package handler and was able to schedule an interview immediately upon filling out an online application. I thought this was cool but when I got there I realized there was nothing cool about this position.

I was sat down with a few other men applying for the position and a woman came out and told us about it. She said that she wasn't going to lie and that the work is extremely hard,

She then took us on a tour into the warehouse and the place felt like something out of a nightmare. It was unbearably loud with endless beeping noises. Employees were being screamed at to work harder. The tour leader said that people unloading must lift one heavy package every three seconds or a total of 1,200 packages per hour. I would have thought such an arduous task was humanly impossible but somehow they expect employees to do it.

They offered me the job without asking many questions, but I knew I wasn't up for the task and declined.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many questions. They did most of the talking.   Answer Question

I wasn't going to subject myself to that kind of torture.