UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Went there and said they might be open to hiring seasonal employees, so I just did a quick 5 minute tour. Got a call back saying that they would hire seasonal workers and went in for another interview. Hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

had to fill out information online, got called for a tour of the place then about a week a later an interview. There were 3 of us that day I assume more people had also applied. The facility was very big and sort of old

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Orange, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application online. Right after completing the application I was told about an interview. My interview was about a week or two later. The interview wasn't even a real interview. They handed me a packet explaining about the job details and pay. Then I spoke to HR and they offered me the Job. My orientation was in a few hours and I started the next day.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Went for the group interview. Very impersonal and casual. One woman came in pajamas. Walked around and toured the place and that was about it. Tried scaring us out of the position by saying how hard it was. It's just packages lol.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift up to 70lbs on your own?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Gaithersburg, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

During the interview process, it was pretty simple. Walked in to the office room where i met other individuals who applied for the position. Was debriefed on how tough and grueling the work load will be on a daily basis. With no designated water breaks or to just catch your breath. After that we took a tour around the facility and was shown the process of how everything becomes sorted out and shipped out in time. Lastly met one on one with the HR manager where she asked 3 simple questions. Do you have reliable transportation? Are you in college? Are you able to perform the duties of the job?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Adrian, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPS (Adrian, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

15 people showed up and got back ground checked. They call you back for a 2nd interview. They asked very few questions and ended offering me the job at the end. After this they called me back the following week for training.

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Hunt Valley, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I scheduled an appointment online for an orientation that involved me and 10 other people coming in, being told about the job, and filling out a bit of paperwork. Was called in over a week later, this time in a smaller group, to have quick one-on-one interviews with an HR person. Had a final one-on-one interview with the shift supervisor the next day. Went by pretty quickly and was largely just him explaining to me about how the job is.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with the schedule (coming in to work at 4 AM every morning?)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Forest Park, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

It started out with about 6 people she came and guided us inside the building where we tool a tour then she sat down with all of us ask questions and then she called us back one on one the questions was very simple and the whole interview took about 15 minutes

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

It was very laid back and easy, we took a tour of the plant in a group walk through with other people looking for work. After the tour ended we were told that if the job wasn't for us we could leave with no hard feelings and no questions ask.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift 70lbs. Unassisted?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Nothing really.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (League City, TX).

Interview

I went in for a group interview, was kind of awkward because everyone just had to stand in the office while the clerk desk was open and customers were coming in and out, but after being hired I realized there really isn't anywhere to conduct interviews in a lot of these locations. I was called into two interviews I believe and I was basically hired on the second one. The first one included personal interviews where you were called away from the group one by one and then usually if you are called back for another interview, you will be hired. It took a really long time from the hiring date to actually start my first day of work however.. Almost a month I beleive

Interview Questions

• Interviews aren't long, they just asked for your information and made sure you understood that this was a physical job that required safety procedures to be followed every day at every shift.   Answer Question