UPS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Part Time Operations Supervisor
Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in September 2013.

Interview Details – I started as a part time package handler for about one year and then asked management for a promotion. They directed me to take a test, I passed, and then was offered a part-time operation supervisor position as UPS.

Interview Question – What difference can you make to our day to day operations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation process.

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Part Time Operations Supervisor
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – When I was hired into the union, they usually start everyone off with a big tour group of the building and the work floor. Then they educated us on all of the benefits and expectations of the job. After that is was just a one on one interview with a part time HR supervisor. Important key words are safety, power-zone, anything about lifting with your legs, oh and did I say safety?!?

Interview Question – Nothing really, all pretty ad hoc and pretty typical.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hourly wage was already stated.

Very Easy Interview

Delivery Driver Interview

Delivery Driver
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UPS in September 2013.

Interview Details – Typical questions...Why do you want to work here, The work enviorment can be very demanding and difficult at times during inclement weather etcc. Very easy laid back interview. So professional, probably one of the best interviews I've ever had. The interviewer wasn't uptight, didn't ask any personal questions. Asked about previous work experience in only the related field.

Interview Question – Explain how you succeeded and your ability to problem solve an issue where you were not at fault...And with all the background in customer service and delivering why are you applying for this poition   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Family comes first and it was more of a schedule conflict.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Seasonal Driver Helper
Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in October 2013.

Interview Details – I first applied online with a short app and it automatically gave me an interview date. I went toe the interview, they saw I worked there last year-same position and a positive rehire so I got the job again! As long as you don't have any felonies and you have a open schedule after thanksgiving till Christmas then your hired! My interview had 2 people as they had 6 interviewers total that day(note: your experience will vary).

Negotiation Details – Take it, it may be hard work but a great first job/great experience working for a company.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Part Time Package Handler
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in July 2012.

Interview Details – First Day - Take a 90 minute tour. Interview.
Second Day - Second Interivew.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in a few years with UPS.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Part Time Package Handler
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UPS in July 2010.

Interview Details – They take you on a tour to show you how physical the job can be then they do one on one interviews with everyone. Basically you want to tell them that you would like to work there forever and that you love physical labor (do NOT say you only want to work there for a couple of years or so or that you have and physical injuries). The Swan Island hub does not drug test and there are many people there who have criminal history's. I have heard that some UPS Hubs will drug test.

Interview Questions

• How Long do you plan on working at UPS?   View Answer
  • Are you able to meet the physical requirements of the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there are no negotiations for a part time package handler.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!

UPS Videos

UPS – Why Work for Us?

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better, from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UPS interview questions and advice in Portland, OR. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by UPS employees and interview candidates.