UPS Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

1.8

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Showed up to the "Interview" appointment early and waited for the HR rep to arrive. Most people were just wearing a t shirt, jeans, and sneakers. The HR rep arrived and gave a brief overview of the position.Tried to weed potential candidates out by scaring them off, stating that the job is "not for people who are looking to pay their bills" and is extremely hard work for little pay. Judging by the tour that was given afterwards, that seems totally believable. Was quite a long process, but there were quite a lot of details to share. After the tour and some details about the pay, benefits, and requirements for the job, we were asked if we wanted to schedule an interview.

Offered the interview, and haven't attended yet.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to lift up to 70 lbs consistently for the entire shift?   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview is very basic, occurs after applying online and touring the facility. Genuine interest and attitude are key. They asked questions about physical capability and being able to commit to the schedule.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience performing tasks with safety as a top priority?   Answer Question

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UPS (Portland, OR).

Interview

When I was hired into the union, they usually start everyone off with a big tour group of the building and the work floor. Then they educated us on all of the benefits and expectations of the job. After that is was just a one on one interview with a part time HR supervisor. Important key words are safety, power-zone, anything about lifting with your legs, oh and did I say safety?!?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly wage was already stated.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (Portland, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

I first applied online with a short app and it automatically gave me an interview date. I went toe the interview, they saw I worked there last year-same position and a positive rehire so I got the job again! As long as you don't have any felonies and you have a open schedule after thanksgiving till Christmas then your hired! My interview had 2 people as they had 6 interviewers total that day(note: your experience will vary).

Negotiation

Take it, it may be hard work but a great first job/great experience working for a company.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (Portland, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

Typical questions...Why do you want to work here, The work enviorment can be very demanding and difficult at times during inclement weather etcc. Very easy laid back interview. So professional, probably one of the best interviews I've ever had. The interviewer wasn't uptight, didn't ask any personal questions. Asked about previous work experience in only the related field.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you succeeded and your ability to problem solve an issue where you were not at fault...And with all the background in customer service and delivering why are you applying for this poition   1 Answer

Family comes first and it was more of a schedule conflict.

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Portland, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

I started as a part time package handler for about one year and then asked management for a promotion. They directed me to take a test, I passed, and then was offered a part-time operation supervisor position as UPS.

Interview Questions

• What difference can you make to our day to day operations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Portland, OR) in July 2012.

Interview

First Day - Take a 90 minute tour. Interview.
    Second Day - Second Interivew.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a few years with UPS.   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (Portland, OR) in July 2010.

Interview

They take you on a tour to show you how physical the job can be then they do one on one interviews with everyone. Basically you want to tell them that you would like to work there forever and that you love physical labor (do NOT say you only want to work there for a couple of years or so or that you have and physical injuries). The Swan Island hub does not drug test and there are many people there who have criminal history's. I have heard that some UPS Hubs will drug test.

Interview Questions

• How Long do you plan on working at UPS?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to meet the physical requirements of the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there are no negotiations for a part time package handler.