UPS

2.0

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UPS.

When I was hired into the union, they usually start everyone off with a big tour group of the building and the work floor. Then they educated us on all of the benefits and expectations of the job. After that is was just a one on one interview with a part time HR supervisor. Important key words are safety, power-zone, anything about lifting with your legs, oh and did I say safety?!?

Interview Questions
    Hourly wage was already stated.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2013.

I first applied online with a short app and it automatically gave me an interview date. I went toe the interview, they saw I worked there last year-same position and a positive rehire so I got the job again! As long as you don't have any felonies and you have a open schedule after thanksgiving till Christmas then your hired! My interview had 2 people as they had 6 interviewers total that day(note: your experience will vary).

Take it, it may be hard work but a great first job/great experience working for a company.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in September 2013.

Typical questions...Why do you want to work here, The work enviorment can be very demanding and difficult at times during inclement weather etcc. Very easy laid back interview. So professional, probably one of the best interviews I've ever had. The interviewer wasn't uptight, didn't ask any personal questions. Asked about previous work experience in only the related field.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you succeeded and your ability to problem solve an issue where you were not at fault...And with all the background in customer service and delivering why are you applying for this poition   View Answer

Family comes first and it was more of a schedule conflict.

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in September 2013.

I started as a part time package handler for about one year and then asked management for a promotion. They directed me to take a test, I passed, and then was offered a part-time operation supervisor position as UPS.

Interview Questions
    • What difference can you make to our day to day operations?   Answer Question
    No negotiation process.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in July 2012.

First Day - Take a 90 minute tour. Interview.
    Second Day - Second Interivew.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in a few years with UPS.   View Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in July 2010.

They take you on a tour to show you how physical the job can be then they do one on one interviews with everyone. Basically you want to tell them that you would like to work there forever and that you love physical labor (do NOT say you only want to work there for a couple of years or so or that you have and physical injuries). The Swan Island hub does not drug test and there are many people there who have criminal history's. I have heard that some UPS Hubs will drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How Long do you plan on working at UPS?   View Answer
    • Are you able to meet the physical requirements of the job?   View Answer
    there are no negotiations for a part time package handler.