UPS Preload Supervisor Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at UPS in April 2013.

You have to work initial in the building as a package handler. Upon being hired you are to go to the human resources department and inform them of the decision to persue management opportunities. If you are selected you will begin the MAPP process. First is entering in your information. Then you will be reviewed by your full time operations supervisor who will then select you to take the aptitude test. This test focuses on see the consistency of your answers/decisions. There are no right answers, just a right way to take the test to be favorable to what UPS is looking for in a supervisor. After passing the aptitude test you are then just waiting for a position to free up. The first position that frees up, you will then be promoted to supervisor. UPS looks for very loud assertive management employees. There have been quiet supervisors become promoted but they are usually looked down upon as lesser or weak and unfit for management. If you are quiet you will have to be manipulative, and effective in the communication you do conduct.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions are difficult or unexpected. Just go with the right choice and be consistent. Do not be undecided or favoring different answers in different situations.   Answer Question
They told me there was no negotiating the salary.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Medford, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in February 2013.

First I received a phone call and was asked if I could do an interview over the phone. After the phone interview an appointment was made for an in person interview. The questions were pretty typical, in fact many of them are mentioned on this website. I do not know if I got the job yet.

Interview Questions
    • A time when you were asked to do something unreasonable at your last job...   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at UPS in August 2007.

Fairly simple interview process. 1 on 1 interview with potential manager and human resource manager. required to take a drug test and background check. I worked at UPS on the sort line at the time of my interview, so the process was probably less formal than hiring from outsid ethe company.

Interview Questions

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!