UPS

1.2

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

I filled out the application and as soon as I finished I was asked to set an appointment time for and interview the next day. I got to the interview and it was sort of like a group interview. We sat in this room for like 2 hours waiting to be interviewed. Then the hr FINALLY came and pulled us out by groups of ten. One by one we went inside the interview room and she asked for our email and do we have a record. If your responses were right she told you orientation is the next day and wear boots to the orientation and you have some extra paper work to fill out once you get home. Basically you got the job.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions. Just why do you want to work for UPS? As long as you have a clean background your hired.   Answer Question
No negotiation. It's seasonal so it's $8 per hour and overtime is $12 but if they decide to keep you pass the season position then you get $16 per hour.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS.

applied through third party website snagajob. recieved email later about info session and filled out a short list of easy essay questions. they do a quick background check and got another email for orientaion. cant get any easier

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Application was easy. I saw an ad on Facebook, applied on a Monday night, and had an interview scheduled for Tuesday morning. However, when I applied on Tuesday morning, I was told along with eight other potential applications that they were no longer hiring. When I said that I had an interview scheduled, I was told that "it should have been cancelled" even though I just applied the night before. I understand it's a very busy time of year, but that was a complete waste of all our times.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't even make it to the interview because there were no openings (despite being told to come for an interview).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

Applications are easy to fill out online, with no massive questionnaire required.
    Application process took less then 30 minutes to process.
    An interview was set up a few days after, Expect the interview to last from 1 to 2 hours. Once at the interview you'll be placed in with a group of other people for company overviews and expectations, while filling out a form and writing you name on a name roster. Then you'll be called out one at a time for a one-on-one interview.
    After that we were told to finish a second portion of the application online after the interview which took less then 15 minutes, following a call by the HR a day or two later for company orientation. DON'T BE LATE for it either, even if it's after a few seconds, or you'll be terminated from the process.

Interview Questions
    • Not that many questions were asked, only actual questions were, If we had any questions for them.   Answer Question

I would have accepted, but I Overslept the orientation process sadly, due to studying for exam finals and lack of sleep.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

Applied online. After application finished, online they ask you to set-up an appointment with one of their prescribed times. I set mine for the next morning. The appointment was with a group of us who had signed-up for that time. HR took us to a break room and told us about the position, what to expect, what to where. $8.50 an hour, no negotiations. Will where the UPS uniform, will have to supply own steel-toe boots, and the the on- call hours would be anywhere from 10:30am-10:00pm. HR mentioned as a dangling carrot, if you work hard and do your job there might be a future position for you as PT package handler - better pay with full medical benefits after a year of work for free. After the group session, if you were still interested, there was a quick one on one where HR asked availability and (2) forms of ID for a background check. That evening I got a call to come into A 3hr. Orientation the next day. I was hired. Easy as that.

No negotions.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Easy group informational orientation/interview Past experience that directly not indirectly or otherwise relates in whole,part, or any fraction of a way to the current position you are presently in the first of many other small but equally important and necessary and potentially disqualifying steps that may or may not lead to a permanent full time, benefitted position now or in the future with UPS or any affiliates, subsidiaries, holdings or shell corporations, in as few words or phrases as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Past experience that directly not indirectly or otherwise relates in whole,part, or any fraction of a way to the current position you are presently in the first of many other small but equally important and necessary and potentially disqualifying steps that may or may not lead to a permanent full time, benefitted position now or in the future with UPS or any affiliates, subsidiaries, holdings or shell corporations, in as few words or phrases as possible.   Answer Question
    none set salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

The hiring process starts out with 35-40 people crowded into a room. Very uncomfortable. The HR person tells you briefly about the position (you won't be driving but will be moving packages, duh) and then says the wage, which was $8.50/hr. That was when I lost interest. I had expected between $10-$11 with it being outside physical labor. I should have done more research so I didn't waste my time like I did. The last part I was there for was the HR woman discussing the dress code: no long hair on men, no beards or stubble (exception being mustaches which are worse in my opinion), no tattoos on the neck or face or arms below the elbow. I'm sure if you stick with it that it could be a decent job, but as someone only looking for seasonal work, it wasn't for me. I'll stick with higher paying seasonal Target work. I walked out 5 min in with about 2/3 of the group. We were all a bit incredulous on the wage level. How do you expect decent seasonal help for $8.50/hr? Especially around Orlando?

Interview Questions
    • I didn't get that far, but basically they'll hire anyone who fits the appearance guidelines and can handle the physical aspect. I wouldn't sweat the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

Found advertisement online and applied. Was provided a same day "information session". Went to the session which was a complete waste of time. There is no interview if you are alive and can lift packages you are hired. The whole point of the "information session" is to obtain your SSN for a background check.

Turns out where I live the driver helpers drive golf carts. Not a bad gig for a seasonal job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation of salary, $8.50 for Tampa, FL.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in November 2014.

The first interview was a group of 14. After reviewing the dress code while still in the lobby, we were led to a hallway where we were sorted by where we live. The keepers were taken one by one to answer some very basic questions (when have you worked hard, when have you worked fast, are you a student now) and the ones who lived in the "wrong" cities left their name and email and were sent home.

No negotiation. Published pay per hour, published uniform provided, no benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Upon arrival one sits with a group of other applicants. Short 'n sweet. 10 minute group meeting followed by 2-3 minute individual interview. Not many questions asked. 'Can you lift 70 pounds (without a forklift hehe)?' Bring 2 forms of ID, which they will copy. You will be asked to call them back at a specific time if you still want the job.