UPS Seasonal Driver Helper Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

1.2

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

i applied online in early november. at the end of the online application i signed up for a tour, which happened a few days later. after the tour they didn't even really interview me, they mainly just confirmed my information that was on record and asked me if i was interested in the job.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS.

This was job was found online. Application process was online as well. Interview days were assigned the same time for everyone. Everyone gathered in a line outside headquarters. we submitted our information on a computer once inside. The interviewing process with a person was amazingly short and took about 2 min.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS.

applied through third party website snagajob. recieved email later about info session and filled out a short list of easy essay questions. they do a quick background check and got another email for orientaion. cant get any easier

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Applied online, immediate access to choose interview time. This was a group interview at the UPS center. It was probably 70% informational and 10% actual interview (and 20% waiting for others to finish their interview). After informing the HR manager of the times you are available, and the areas you are able to work, you receive a date to show up for orientation and training. For the Christmas season, UPS literally hires anyone, as long as you have all four limbs.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Application was easy. I saw an ad on Facebook, applied on a Monday night, and had an interview scheduled for Tuesday morning. However, when I applied on Tuesday morning, I was told along with eight other potential applications that they were no longer hiring. When I said that I had an interview scheduled, I was told that "it should have been cancelled" even though I just applied the night before. I understand it's a very busy time of year, but that was a complete waste of all our times.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't even make it to the interview because there were no openings (despite being told to come for an interview).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

I filled out the application and as soon as I finished I was asked to set an appointment time for and interview the next day. I got to the interview and it was sort of like a group interview. We sat in this room for like 2 hours waiting to be interviewed. Then the hr FINALLY came and pulled us out by groups of ten. One by one we went inside the interview room and she asked for our email and do we have a record. If your responses were right she told you orientation is the next day and wear boots to the orientation and you have some extra paper work to fill out once you get home. Basically you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just why do you want to work for UPS? As long as you have a clean background your hired.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It's seasonal so it's $8 per hour and overtime is $12 but if they decide to keep you pass the season position then you get $16 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

Very easy interview. They get right into it and tell you what youll be doing, pay, etc. after the interview they tell you to go to an orientation class for two hours on the next day. Be prepared to go out and work after orientation. The job is very easy if your not lazy. my only complaint is that some days your driver will only need you for 3 hrs because there arent that many packages. 30 bucks in a day is way too minimal in my opinion. I even put myself out there and asked if i could link up with another driver and get more hours. Just dont go in with too much expectation like i did. After all it is only seasonal.

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

Applications are easy to fill out online, with no massive questionnaire required.
    Application process took less then 30 minutes to process.
    An interview was set up a few days after, Expect the interview to last from 1 to 2 hours. Once at the interview you'll be placed in with a group of other people for company overviews and expectations, while filling out a form and writing you name on a name roster. Then you'll be called out one at a time for a one-on-one interview.
    After that we were told to finish a second portion of the application online after the interview which took less then 15 minutes, following a call by the HR a day or two later for company orientation. DON'T BE LATE for it either, even if it's after a few seconds, or you'll be terminated from the process.

Interview Questions
    • Not that many questions were asked, only actual questions were, If we had any questions for them.   Answer Question

I would have accepted, but I Overslept the orientation process sadly, due to studying for exam finals and lack of sleep.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

Applied online. After application finished, online they ask you to set-up an appointment with one of their prescribed times. I set mine for the next morning. The appointment was with a group of us who had signed-up for that time. HR took us to a break room and told us about the position, what to expect, what to where. $8.50 an hour, no negotiations. Will where the UPS uniform, will have to supply own steel-toe boots, and the the on- call hours would be anywhere from 10:30am-10:00pm. HR mentioned as a dangling carrot, if you work hard and do your job there might be a future position for you as PT package handler - better pay with full medical benefits after a year of work for free. After the group session, if you were still interested, there was a quick one on one where HR asked availability and (2) forms of ID for a background check. That evening I got a call to come into A 3hr. Orientation the next day. I was hired. Easy as that.

No negotions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

I applied online and said what times I was available to be called. I got a scheduled day of when they would call me. They called me a few days before because they really needed help fast. The interview was by phone for me. The woman on the phone called me around 5, the whole interview was maybe 5 minutes, she asked a few questions about my physical capabilities and it was very easy.