UPS Sorter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2015

1.4

Sorter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

It started with a room of upwards of 15-20 people or so, to my surprise. The HR manager came in and began talking about the job saying it was the most difficult job you would ever have in your life. That he didn't care if "you were in construction" or you were "in the military", that this would be harder. He also went on about how with the pay during the probationary period and the union dues, you would barely make even all that much money. The interview ended with him saying that after all of that, if you were still interested, to call him the next night. I called and I was only 1 of 3 that got hired. I'm not sure if he effectively scared the others off or they just weren't selected.

Interview Questions

• He claimed the four reasons to join UPS are money, education, chance for advancement, and benefits, and he asked us to rate these from most important to least important, also stating that if you consider money to be your top priority, you wouldn't last.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

Asked questions in regard to if you can handle it, and also making sure that you knew requirements before hand so that you would be well prepared in going out to do job.

Interview Questions

• If you can handle the tempo.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing really.

Sorter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

At least 3 interviews. The first is a tour to make sure you can physically keep up with walking fast to weed out folks who won't make it loading/unloading a truck. The next two are to make sure you can work the hours allotted and can actually get to work.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Bellevue, NE) in January 2013.

Interview

Brief questions just say yes to all and don't be sure you'll get job. They had a sitdown fill in the blanks Q&A session . They had a panel of workers to ask you questions about your ambitions for the job.

Interview Questions

• What do u want to get from ups . If offered job could you give supervisor regular feed back on any current injuries.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was calm and very short. The interview was very like a good friend conversation.

Sorter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPS in September 2012.

Interview

The first response you will receive after completing all of the questionnaires on the ups website will be a phone call from an HR rep. You will be asked to go in for the first interview, it's not an interview, it's a information seminar where you will be explained to what you are/ will be doing. After the seminar they will speak to you interview style, but the questions are ones you have already answered on the website. When you pass, and you will, they will call you to go in for training which lasts one week. Paid training

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UPS? Are you regularly involved in any physical activities?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2011.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks. Started with a simple phone call after applying on-line.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy negotiation.

Sorter Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS in January 2010.

Interview

Generally speaker if you are invited to the interview and everything checks out you are hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation