UPS Supply Chain Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

District Account Executive Interview

District Account Executive
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had two interviews - One, by telephone, followed by an assessment test. I was then invited in to a 3-person panel interview. This interview was with the regional executive, the hiring manager and the HR professional.

I was asked to give a brief background sketch. Next, each person followed a written set of questions, as well as one role-play situation. This was followed by an opportunity to discuss any questions I had. This led into a discussion about local management philosophy and specific job expectations. This also included questions about the resources available to help excel in the position and the role that regional management played in the support of the local organization.

Interview Question – All of the questions were situation based. The most difficult were surrounding handling customer dissatisfaction and subsequent account growth.   Answer Question

Export/Import Agent Interview

Export/Import Agent
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 2 members of what would become my management team. I was interviewed for about 30 minutes. They 1st went through my resume, & asked me about each job I had on my resume. They wanted to know what job functions I had, with all of my previous employers. They then asked about the skill set I had, & if I would be able to use any of those skill sets, for the position I had applied for. They then wanted to get a feel for who I was. They asked about my likes & dislikes, if I had any hobbies & what I liked to do, in my spare time.

Interview Question – When my soon to be, management team was almost done interviewing me, they asked me a few questions, to see what my response would be. These questions were asked, to try & give them a better "feel" of my character, my ethics, & my morals. These questions were not difficult for me to answer. They just were unexpected. I had no problem giving them my answers to their questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, due to the fact, that the job was a union job. All negotiations were done by the union president& UPS.

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was straight forward personality questions.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations took place take it over leave it.

Test Repair Operator Interview

Test Repair Operator
Mira Loma, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in January 2014.

Interview Details – For the interview process you are originally contacted by an HR representative online to schedule a date for the interview. At the interview, you are interviewed by a technical and an HR representative. They ask you general personality questions such as your strengths, weaknesses, skills, what type of person do you think a great employee is and scenario questions. They then get a little technical and ask you about what operating systems you have used and what hardware interfaces you have used. Overall I felt my experience was good but I think I may have been overqualified for the job as the job asks for a high school diploma and I have a degree. This is an entry level technician job.

Interview Question – What hardware interfaces have you used?   Answer Question

Customs Brokerage Representative Interview

Customs Brokerage Representative

I applied online - interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had initial phone interview then face to face interview with HR. 3 days later I went in for an interview with hiring manager and one other person. There I was told that they will be continuing interviews for the next few weeks and after that point would schedule the training class. This was for a night position however they stated the class may be in the daytime which was a negative for me because that is no where in the posting and is vital information for someone who is focused on the hours. Looks like the start date for the position may be in December based on the discussion. I will follow up if an offer is made...has only been a few days.

Interview Question – no hard questions really nice interviewers   Answer Question

Subcontractor Interview

Subcontractor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions.

Interview Details – There was no interview. All you needed was to meet specific requirements and that was it.

Interview Question – As mentioned before, no interview, just meet the requirements and that's it.   Answer Question

Order Processing Representative II Interview

Order Processing Representative II
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions.

Interview Details – I got hired through a temp agency. I completed 90 days on the job and was hired on by UPS thereafter. I was interviewed at the temp agency. I was asked basic questions about my clerical experience and what my strengths and weaknesses were. It was a casual interview. The agent explained the job duties. I agreed that I was capable of performing what was required and started the following week.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

District Account Executive Interview

District Account Executive
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in January 2013.

Interview Details – Informal interview lasted about an hour. It was really a feeling out process. Does my demeanor and personality fit, etc.

Formal interview was a panel interview. Pretty basic stuff. They asked typical sales questions and there was a mock sales call that you have 15 minutes to prepare for.

Interview Question – Questions were straight out of a behavioral interview textbook. Google behavioral interviewing and you'll be golden.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was low and I countered. They accepted several days later and we moved on. There is not a lot of room for negotiation as UPS is a large conservative company. Be mindful what you counter offer.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions.

Interview Details – After applying online, randomly called by HR Rep and set up a phone interview, which was very nicely worked around my schedule. Had a maybe 30 minute "Get to know you" phone interview that hit briefly on the main parts of my resume. Came in a week later, also conveniently worked around my schedule, for an on-site interview. Was interviewed by two members of the team simultaneously. Very nice gentlemen, but I was a touch intimidated by their lack of response during the interview.

Interview Question – Name a time you took a risk and failed.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Driver Interview

Driver
Binghamton, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in August 2012.

Interview Details – The first series of phone interviews went well, but the Management was not able to provide accurate information concerning the base/ starting pay. The initial amount of compensation that was offered, was not anywhere close to what I actually started at for pay.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected question that was asked of me during any of the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, the base pay and work schedule was already set in place and I was stepping into an existing driver slot.

Worked for UPS Supply Chain Solutions? Contribute to the Community!