UPS Supply Chain Solutions

2.5

District Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in May 2014.

I had two interviews - One, by telephone, followed by an assessment test. I was then invited in to a 3-person panel interview. This interview was with the regional executive, the hiring manager and the HR professional.

I was asked to give a brief background sketch. Next, each person followed a written set of questions, as well as one role-play situation. This was followed by an opportunity to discuss any questions I had. This led into a discussion about local management philosophy and specific job expectations. This also included questions about the resources available to help excel in the position and the role that regional management played in the support of the local organization.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were situation based. The most difficult were surrounding handling customer dissatisfaction and subsequent account growth.   Answer Question

Test Repair Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in January 2014.

For the interview process you are originally contacted by an HR representative online to schedule a date for the interview. At the interview, you are interviewed by a technical and an HR representative. They ask you general personality questions such as your strengths, weaknesses, skills, what type of person do you think a great employee is and scenario questions. They then get a little technical and ask you about what operating systems you have used and what hardware interfaces you have used. Overall I felt my experience was good but I think I may have been overqualified for the job as the job asks for a high school diploma and I have a degree. This is an entry level technician job.

Customs Brokerage Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in October 2013.

Had initial phone interview then face to face interview with HR. 3 days later I went in for an interview with hiring manager and one other person. There I was told that they will be continuing interviews for the next few weeks and after that point would schedule the training class. This was for a night position however they stated the class may be in the daytime which was a negative for me because that is no where in the posting and is vital information for someone who is focused on the hours. Looks like the start date for the position may be in December based on the discussion. I will follow up if an offer is made...has only been a few days.

Subcontractor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions.

There was no interview. All you needed was to meet specific requirements and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • As mentioned before, no interview, just meet the requirements and that's it.   Answer Question

Order Processing Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions.

I got hired through a temp agency. I completed 90 days on the job and was hired on by UPS thereafter. I was interviewed at the temp agency. I was asked basic questions about my clerical experience and what my strengths and weaknesses were. It was a casual interview. The agent explained the job duties. I agreed that I was capable of performing what was required and started the following week.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in April 2013.

The interview process was straight forward personality questions.

No negotiations took place take it over leave it.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions.

After applying online, randomly called by HR Rep and set up a phone interview, which was very nicely worked around my schedule. Had a maybe 30 minute "Get to know you" phone interview that hit briefly on the main parts of my resume. Came in a week later, also conveniently worked around my schedule, for an on-site interview. Was interviewed by two members of the team simultaneously. Very nice gentlemen, but I was a touch intimidated by their lack of response during the interview.

District Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in January 2013.

Informal interview lasted about an hour. It was really a feeling out process. Does my demeanor and personality fit, etc.

Formal interview was a panel interview. Pretty basic stuff. They asked typical sales questions and there was a mock sales call that you have 15 minutes to prepare for.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straight out of a behavioral interview textbook. Google behavioral interviewing and you'll be golden.   Answer Question
    Initial offer was low and I countered. They accepted several days later and we moved on. There is not a lot of room for negotiation as UPS is a large conservative company. Be mindful what you counter offer.

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Throop, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Throop, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in October 2012.

I recently had an interview and was hired for the Billing position so I immediately gave my notice at my current employer. I wanted to give as much notice as possible. After filling out all the paperwork I received a call from HR. Her first question was "do you have any relatives working with UPS. I said yes because when I applied on line I was honest and said I had a brother who was a driver in another location. The HR person said "We canNOT hire you. She said you can work as a permanent temp but UPS canNOT hire me. She stressed the fact that I canNOT get hired by UPS. Because I was hired through a consulting company the consultant told me not to worry about it that I would be a temp for three months then get hired by UPS. I expressed my concern but needless to say he said I would get hired by UPS because it was a permanent position. Now I gave my notice at my current position and have no job to go to. What bothered me the most is when I applied on line I mentioned I had a relative that worked with UPS. I cannot believe UPS would do such a thing especailly when the economy is as bad as it is.....Thank you UPS!!!

Interview Questions
    • I accepted the position but then I had to decline it because I would have been a permanent temp, I would never get hired as a permanent employee so why would I want to spend my years as a temp. Being a temp you can be eliminated at any time.   Answer Question

I declined it after they told me I would never be hired as a permanent employee.

Warehouse Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in September 2012.

The initial application process was a breeze online that allowed you to submit your resume and link it to your application profile. Just make sure it is a proper resume format so the fields file correctly. After my application was submitted they automatically scheduled me for an interview. It will give you an option for rescheduling if the automatic one they issue interferes with you current schedule. My interview was very quaint and to the point. They do want to see consistency in job experience and ambition through previous education. After the interview they will offer the job contract and notify you of your 90 day probationary period before they offer you the full benefits position. Then if you except they will ask you to go online when you get home and fill out the rest of your paper work (W2, Emergency contact, etc.). They will also give you an address to drive to for a drug screening before your orientation day. They will give you contact info for any questions you may have and your scheduled orientation days. Then they will notify you if you don't hear from them before orientation then you are in the the clear to start your new job. So, no news is good news.

Interview Questions
    • "Can you elaborate on your previous job termination due to tardiness?"   View Answer
    There is no negotiation strategy needed as this position is a flat starting rate.