UPS

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UPS in October 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out a online app and got the call a week later.

Interview Question – Can't remember i don't believe there where any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there were none

Very Easy Interview

Chelmsford, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in September 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Apply Online (make sure you keep up calling and confirming your application)
2. they have you take a tour and explain everything from wat to wear and scheduled to union dues and when they get takin out and what your start out pay is to when you start

Interview Question – How long till you receive benefits?   View Answer

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online where I then set up my interview after completing the application. The following Monday I went to the job site for which I assumed would be a straight interview but turned out to be just a tour of the facility along with an presentation about the company. We toured the Sorting and Loading areas in which sorters get paid more but you have to take a few assessments before getting the job so I just applied for loader since it would be easier. After the tour the hr gives everybody the opportunity to set up an 1:1 interview and since I was the first to arrive I got first picks and set it up for the day after. On my 2nd interview the hr went over basic questions and then everything else fell real easy and I was hired on the spot

Interview Question – How long do you see yourself working here   View Answer

Davenport, IA

The process took a day - interviewed at UPS in April 2009.

Interview Details – interviewer was very cordial. The explanation of the position wad very clear. completed a relatively easy math test. It was clear that the work was fast paced, and management expected you to perform at your best.

Interview Questions

• can you handle working in extreme heat or coldtemperatures?   View Answer
  • Are you OK with a ten minute break that will be taken at any given time?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – hours conflicted with other job.

Greensboro, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UPS in June 2009.

Interview Details – The job requires that applicant use the UPS website to enter their information and begin the application process. After this phase of the process applicant are required to select a date typically a few weeks out for a campus tour of the facility. One the day of the tour you arrive at the HR office just outside of the facility with several other application, usually a group of 10 or more. An employee walks the group of applicants into the facility and explains the various jobs within the facility. During the walking tour, be sure to stay in the front of the group and fire off questions about the job to show your interest.
The group is thinned out throughout the process and the top applicants are interviewed in 1-1 and panel interviews.

Interview Question – UPS offers a very difficult job, likely the most physically demanding job that you will ever have in your entire life. Convince us that you are capable of performing the job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – conflict with school schedule

Interviewed at UPS

Interview Details – Very concise and by the book; multiple forms, background check, no drug testing or physical testing. Very basic interview for this position as they don't require much other than stacking packages and not hurting yourself on equipment.

Interview Question – When can you start   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

UPS Loader

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UPS in October 2010.

Interview Details – After you apply online, you get an email telling you when to meet at the HR Office. There is generally a group of people just like you who are waiting to see if they can get the job. After that, a worker from the Hub comes in and takes you inside the Hub so you can see what it is you're getting into. After the end of the tour, the worker asks you if you're still interested in the job. If you say "yes", then you get an email that instructs you when to meet an HR Representative, where they interview you personally. The interview is very easy - it seems that they'll hire pretty much anybody. The only thing you should be aware of is, they say that if you quit for any reason, chances are they won't hire you ever again. After they accept you, you wait until they tell you to report for work, and then you start working.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work hard?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really isn't much of a negotiation - starting pay for a truck loader is $8.50/hour.

UPS Loader Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UPS in November 2008.

Interview Details – Went through a 1:1 interview with a recruiter to go over my career goals and work ethic. After being hired I went to a introduction training class on proper safety and more information about what I would be doing. The culture is basically like a big family. Everything is team oriented.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UPS

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!

UPS Videos

UPS – Why Work for Us?

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better, from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UPS UPS Loader interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by UPS employees and interview candidates.