UPS UPS Loader Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

1.9

UPS Loader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

Interview

I am not sure if my process was so short because we are a few weeks to Christmas and they are desperate now or if my previous experience helped me. I applied online Thursday, went in for an walk-through/interview that night at the start of the shift I had applied for 11p-4a. About 9 of us showed up we did the walk-through, were told there would be no benefits due to it being temporary, that pay would be $10 an hour and we wold get paid every Friday, we were given the basic run through of our duties and if we wanted to stay and interview now or comeback. Only a few chose to stay, I was only asked why did I want to work for UPS? At least two of us got hired that night pending a passing background check. We filled out all of the employment paperwork online that night so if you do not know your info to log in online make sure you write it down also take your social security card and a photo ID just in case you do get a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS (Addison, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Application, Phone Call, Computer Interview, Phone Call, Training, Start Working. It was a very easy process and didn't take more than fifteen minutes. The phone call was just to give an interview time. The second interview was just to tell you that you received the job and when the training was to begin. The training took about a week and you get paid like four dollars an hour during the training.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift over 50 pound boxes throughout the 4 hour work shift?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Filled out a online app and got the call a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there were none

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Chelmsford, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

1. Apply Online (make sure you keep up calling and confirming your application) 2. they have you take a tour and explain everything from wat to wear and scheduled to union dues and when they get takin out and what your start out pay is to when you start

Interview Questions

• How long till you receive benefits?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

first they tour you of the facility, then afterwards they schedule a 1 one 1 interview with HR, then they schedule you a meeting with the department that they plan on having you work for.

Interview Questions

• can you handle physical labor of lifting and lowering packages at a fast paced rate, and what did you do before to prepare you to do do this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS (Omaha, NE) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online where I then set up my interview after completing the application. The following Monday I went to the job site for which I assumed would be a straight interview but turned out to be just a tour of the facility along with an presentation about the company. We toured the Sorting and Loading areas in which sorters get paid more but you have to take a few assessments before getting the job so I just applied for loader since it would be easier. After the tour the hr gives everybody the opportunity to set up an 1:1 interview and since I was the first to arrive I got first picks and set it up for the day after. On my 2nd interview the hr went over basic questions and then everything else fell real easy and I was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself working here   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UPS (Memphis, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

The first step was a group interview to tour the build. Then they interviewed each individual to see what experience we have. At the end of the interview they told us how much we would get paid and told us they would call us if we was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UPS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't really an offer but I did ask if they could help me get some administrator experience if I worked extremely hard and didn't miss any days during the position offered.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UPS (Greensboro, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

The job requires that applicant use the UPS website to enter their information and begin the application process. After this phase of the process applicant are required to select a date typically a few weeks out for a campus tour of the facility. One the day of the tour you arrive at the HR office just outside of the facility with several other application, usually a group of 10 or more. An employee walks the group of applicants into the facility and explains the various jobs within the facility. During the walking tour, be sure to stay in the front of the group and fire off questions about the job to show your interest. The group is thinned out throughout the process and the top applicants are interviewed in 1-1 and panel interviews.

Interview Questions

• UPS offers a very difficult job, likely the most physically demanding job that you will ever have in your entire life. Convince us that you are capable of performing the job.   Answer Question

conflict with school schedule

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UPS (Davenport, IA) in April 2009.

Interview

interviewer was very cordial. The explanation of the position wad very clear. completed a relatively easy math test. It was clear that the work was fast paced, and management expected you to perform at your best.

Interview Questions

• can you handle working in extreme heat or coldtemperatures?   1 Answer
    • Are you OK with a ten minute break that will be taken at any given time?   1 Answer

hours conflicted with other job.

UPS Loader Interview

Interview

Very concise and by the book; multiple forms, background check, no drug testing or physical testing. Very basic interview for this position as they don't require much other than stacking packages and not hurting yourself on equipment.