UPS UPS Loader Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

1.8

UPS Loader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

Interview

I am not sure if my process was so short because we are a few weeks to Christmas and they are desperate now or if my previous experience helped me. I applied online Thursday, went in for an walk-through/interview that night at the start of the shift I had applied for 11p-4a. About 9 of us showed up we did the walk-through, were told there would be no benefits due to it being temporary, that pay would be $10 an hour and we wold get paid every Friday, we were given the basic run through of our duties and if we wanted to stay and interview now or comeback. Only a few chose to stay, I was only asked why did I want to work for UPS? At least two of us got hired that night pending a passing background check. We filled out all of the employment paperwork online that night so if you do not know your info to log in online make sure you write it down also take your social security card and a photo ID just in case you do get a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

UPS Loader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Filled out a online app and got the call a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there were none

UPS Loader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Chelmsford, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

1. Apply Online (make sure you keep up calling and confirming your application)
    2. they have you take a tour and explain everything from wat to wear and scheduled to union dues and when they get takin out and what your start out pay is to when you start

Interview Questions

• How long till you receive benefits?   1 Answer

UPS Loader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS (Omaha, NE) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online where I then set up my interview after completing the application. The following Monday I went to the job site for which I assumed would be a straight interview but turned out to be just a tour of the facility along with an presentation about the company. We toured the Sorting and Loading areas in which sorters get paid more but you have to take a few assessments before getting the job so I just applied for loader since it would be easier. After the tour the hr gives everybody the opportunity to set up an 1:1 interview and since I was the first to arrive I got first picks and set it up for the day after. On my 2nd interview the hr went over basic questions and then everything else fell real easy and I was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself working here   1 Answer

UPS Loader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (Greensboro, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

The job requires that applicant use the UPS website to enter their information and begin the application process. After this phase of the process applicant are required to select a date typically a few weeks out for a campus tour of the facility. One the day of the tour you arrive at the HR office just outside of the facility with several other application, usually a group of 10 or more. An employee walks the group of applicants into the facility and explains the various jobs within the facility. During the walking tour, be sure to stay in the front of the group and fire off questions about the job to show your interest.
    The group is thinned out throughout the process and the top applicants are interviewed in 1-1 and panel interviews.

Interview Questions

• UPS offers a very difficult job, likely the most physically demanding job that you will ever have in your entire life. Convince us that you are capable of performing the job.   Answer Question

conflict with school schedule

UPS Loader Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (Davenport, IA) in April 2009.

Interview

interviewer was very cordial. The explanation of the position wad very clear. completed a relatively easy math test. It was clear that the work was fast paced, and management expected you to perform at your best.

Interview Questions

• can you handle working in extreme heat or coldtemperatures?   1 Answer
    • Are you OK with a ten minute break that will be taken at any given time?   1 Answer

hours conflicted with other job.

UPS Loader Interview

Interview

Very concise and by the book; multiple forms, background check, no drug testing or physical testing. Very basic interview for this position as they don't require much other than stacking packages and not hurting yourself on equipment.

UPS Loader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in October 2010.

Interview

After you apply online, you get an email telling you when to meet at the HR Office. There is generally a group of people just like you who are waiting to see if they can get the job. After that, a worker from the Hub comes in and takes you inside the Hub so you can see what it is you're getting into. After the end of the tour, the worker asks you if you're still interested in the job. If you say "yes", then you get an email that instructs you when to meet an HR Representative, where they interview you personally. The interview is very easy - it seems that they'll hire pretty much anybody. The only thing you should be aware of is, they say that if you quit for any reason, chances are they won't hire you ever again. After they accept you, you wait until they tell you to report for work, and then you start working.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work hard?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really isn't much of a negotiation - starting pay for a truck loader is $8.50/hour.

UPS Loader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in November 2008.

Interview

Went through a 1:1 interview with a recruiter to go over my career goals and work ethic. After being hired I went to a introduction training class on proper safety and more information about what I would be doing. The culture is basically like a big family. Everything is team oriented.