UPS UPS Package Handler Interview Questions

1.7

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Addison, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Addison August 2014, applied on line. Then immediately directed to set up an interview appointment.
A few drop down menus to set up date and time (all very accommodating) and you are set. I set the interview up for the the following day.

The process was all very simple.

Interview Questions
  • Very low key office, looks like you are inside a temporary building. Surprised at the "shabbiness" of it (for lack of a better word). Didn't really get to any questions, job explained, NO guaranteed hours, at $8.50 an hour. I thanked her, apologized for wasting her time, she apologized that the the listed job is not more explicit in explaining hours and wage, I left.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hodgkins, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Applied online and got an interview that same day, I rescheduled the interview for the next day so I could be better prepared. I was interviewed by an African American lady - at first she looked kind of mean/strict but throughout the interview she turned out to be really nice & cool.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview she basically just wanted to know about my previous jobs - what made me apply at UPS? And things like that.   Answer Question
    No negotiating - but after 40 days you can get promoted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westmont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Okay so I first applied online and immediately after they set up an appointment (right after you fill out the application it sets up and appointment) at there main cooperation in Addison. I drove there and they told me about the job and everything I should expect. Then I finished the rest of the application there. They make copies of your two forms of Id. After that they set up a tour. I went to the tour. They show ou everything from the trucks to inside the truck and how they should be ordered and how everything has a place. After the tour I got called later that day cause the supervisor really liked me. He was like "I want her" haha so that's about it and I have orientation on Tuesday :)

Interview Questions
    They actually told me if I didn't like something or it's to hard I can try other areas cause there's something for everyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in January 2014.

After putting in an application you may eventually be sent an email informing you of a group interview session (NOTE: This arrived in my spam folder!) You are asked to log back into UPS and finish your application. The interview takes place at the warehouse with other candidates. After a job description you'll be called individually to answer questions about whether we can fulfill the duties and why we want to work at UPS.

HR will soon contact you via phone (possibly email) asking if you still want the position and if so to return to update the application and give you and orientation date. After signing papers at the paid-orientation you're officially a UPS employee.

There is no drug test

UPS Package Handler Interview

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

-Filled out application online then schedule for tour.
    -Attend tour(70 min)long, +walk through.
    -Group interview during tour.
    -A week later I was emailed for 1:1 interview.
    -Background check.
    -Week later I was emailed to start working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

information session, then one on one interview with an h.r representative. make sure to impress them as much as possible in your limited amount of time. make a good impression and you may be invited for a second interview in which all goes after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

interviewed at UPS in October 2010.

group interviews, followed by a tour of the facility, then you are asked to choose from one of the available shifts. once that is over, you wait for a call back, and do a one on one interview with a supervisor. overall the process is pretty painless.

UPS Package Handler Interview

Hiring process begins online and then you'll receive an email with information pertaining to your interview. Interview was very brief. One or two questions. "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to work for ups". After which I was hired on the spot and given information regarding orientation. Orientation lasted a few days. Consisted of going over safety precautions and basic understanding of job duties and what to expect

Interview Questions
    • None. All questions were very standard. This position doesnt require much intellect.   Answer Question
    None.

UPS Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS.

Very easy interview process. Just show up and you'll most likely get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in October 2011.

EASY. You need your own transportation to meet the driver. No drug test--at least for seasonal.

Interview Questions
    • NONE. If you can't get through, you've got bigger issues.   Answer Question
    NONE. 8.50, take it or leave it.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!