UPS UPS Package Handler Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015
Updated Mar 14, 2015

1.6

UPS Package Handler Interview

I filled out a application for UPS and I recived a call 2 weeks later to view a tour a of the Ups facility. I don't know if I receive the job yet but I would like to know within the next three days of I got the job or not.

Interview Questions
Be prepared to do hard work

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

UPS Package Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

After completing the application, I signed up for a facility tour. It was early morning (either 7 or 7:30); make sure you're on time, otherwise, you'll have to sign up for the next one. We were taken around the facility, shown the different work areas, given explanations of each job, & returned to a meeting room. The HR lady then gave more detail about the position's duties, shift, & expectations. After which, she stated that she would understand if the job wasn't what a person was looking for & if that was so, feel free to leave & any others could stay for the interview. The interview was maybe 10 min.; pretty easy too.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation.... Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

pretty quick interview process. took some time to jump through the hoops, but that was just to make sure person would come in for job after being hired. most of the hiring process was dependent on the assessment and passing a background check.

UPS Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

Honestly, they just detail the job for you and ask if you're really prepared to do it.

The work is incredibly fast paced, especially around the holiday season, and very difficult. If you're not ready to wake up at 2 or 3 am every morning and go work out for four hours then this probably isn't for you. If you do your job correctly you will lose weight in the first week.

They tell you all these things and just ask you repeatedly if you're really sure you want to do it during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is really super difficult, just be sure that you're prepared for the physical intensity of it all.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Addison August 2014, applied on line. Then immediately directed to set up an interview appointment.
    A few drop down menus to set up date and time (all very accommodating) and you are set. I set the interview up for the the following day.

The process was all very simple.

Interview Questions
    • Very low key office, looks like you are inside a temporary building. Surprised at the "shabbiness" of it (for lack of a better word). Didn't really get to any questions, job explained, NO guaranteed hours, at $8.50 an hour. I thanked her, apologized for wasting her time, she apologized that the the listed job is not more explicit in explaining hours and wage, I left.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Okay so I first applied online and immediately after they set up an appointment (right after you fill out the application it sets up and appointment) at there main cooperation in Addison. I drove there and they told me about the job and everything I should expect. Then I finished the rest of the application there. They make copies of your two forms of Id. After that they set up a tour. I went to the tour. They show ou everything from the trucks to inside the truck and how they should be ordered and how everything has a place. After the tour I got called later that day cause the supervisor really liked me. He was like "I want her" haha so that's about it and I have orientation on Tuesday :)

Interview Questions
    They actually told me if I didn't like something or it's to hard I can try other areas cause there's something for everyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Applied online and got an interview that same day, I rescheduled the interview for the next day so I could be better prepared. I was interviewed by an African American lady - at first she looked kind of mean/strict but throughout the interview she turned out to be really nice & cool.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview she basically just wanted to know about my previous jobs - what made me apply at UPS? And things like that.   Answer Question
    No negotiating - but after 40 days you can get promoted.

UPS Package Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

-Filled out application online then schedule for tour.
    -Attend tour(70 min)long, +walk through.
    -Group interview during tour.
    -A week later I was emailed for 1:1 interview.
    -Background check.
    -Week later I was emailed to start working.

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in April 2014.

information session, then one on one interview with an h.r representative. make sure to impress them as much as possible in your limited amount of time. make a good impression and you may be invited for a second interview in which all goes after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in January 2014.

After putting in an application you may eventually be sent an email informing you of a group interview session (NOTE: This arrived in my spam folder!) You are asked to log back into UPS and finish your application. The interview takes place at the warehouse with other candidates. After a job description you'll be called individually to answer questions about whether we can fulfill the duties and why we want to work at UPS.

HR will soon contact you via phone (possibly email) asking if you still want the position and if so to return to update the application and give you and orientation date. After signing papers at the paid-orientation you're officially a UPS employee.

There is no drug test