UPS UPS Package Handler Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS (Anaheim, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

TAKES 8 years to 10 years to become a drivers for UPS.

The interview started with someone from the human resources came out from the door to great us. After that she point to the job description paper and ask if everyone has read it? Then she went into more how the job is but she started with all the negatives things about the job like very hard work for only 3-5 hours long... Also must be able to handle 800 boxes an hour for the job. Then she told us about the hours that we were able to pick. The shifts were sunrise 3.00 is to 9.00 or twilight 8:.00 pm to 12:00 am. Also have to work 5 days a week. After that was all done she let us think about if we really wanted the job about 5m or so. Then we were able to talk to her one on one so she could write down some information about you.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to college? if your answer is no then you will not get the job they only want people that go to school for a part time job........   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (Anaheim, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Prior to the interview, you sit in the lobby of UPS with a bunch of other people. an HR rep comes out, thanks everyone for coming and briefly goes over what was written on the information sheet. They summarize that:
    -There's two shifts a package handler can work: Either the twilight (6pm - 12am) or sunrise (3am - 9am). They want someone who can stick to whatever shift they select.
    -if you're not going to school or have the background of a warehouse employee you're going to be at the bottom of the list with a nil chance of being hired.
    -They explain that you may not even get the full 6 hours, and that some days you might just get 3.
    -You have to be able to handle packages of all different weight and sizes.

Interview Questions

• -Age and Location?
      -Are you going to school?
      -What are your plans with this company in the next few years?
      -How do you lift a package?
      -Can you stick to the schedule you pick?

Answer Question

UPS Package Handler Interview

Interview

I filled out a application for UPS and I recived a call 2 weeks later to view a tour a of the Ups facility. I don't know if I receive the job yet but I would like to know within the next three days of I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Am I capable of doing this type of work?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Be prepared to do hard work

UPS Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Interview

After completing the application, I signed up for a facility tour. It was early morning (either 7 or 7:30); make sure you're on time, otherwise, you'll have to sign up for the next one. We were taken around the facility, shown the different work areas, given explanations of each job, & returned to a meeting room. The HR lady then gave more detail about the position's duties, shift, & expectations. After which, she stated that she would understand if the job wasn't what a person was looking for & if that was so, feel free to leave & any others could stay for the interview. The interview was maybe 10 min.; pretty easy too.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.... Take it or leave it.

UPS Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

Interview

Honestly, they just detail the job for you and ask if you're really prepared to do it.

The work is incredibly fast paced, especially around the holiday season, and very difficult. If you're not ready to wake up at 2 or 3 am every morning and go work out for four hours then this probably isn't for you. If you do your job correctly you will lose weight in the first week.

They tell you all these things and just ask you repeatedly if you're really sure you want to do it during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is really super difficult, just be sure that you're prepared for the physical intensity of it all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Nashville, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

pretty quick interview process. took some time to jump through the hoops, but that was just to make sure person would come in for job after being hired. most of the hiring process was dependent on the assessment and passing a background check.

Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS (Addison, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Addison August 2014, applied on line. Then immediately directed to set up an interview appointment.
    A few drop down menus to set up date and time (all very accommodating) and you are set. I set the interview up for the the following day.

The process was all very simple.

Interview Questions

• Very low key office, looks like you are inside a temporary building. Surprised at the "shabbiness" of it (for lack of a better word). Didn't really get to any questions, job explained, NO guaranteed hours, at $8.50 an hour. I thanked her, apologized for wasting her time, she apologized that the the listed job is not more explicit in explaining hours and wage, I left.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UPS (Westmont, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Okay so I first applied online and immediately after they set up an appointment (right after you fill out the application it sets up and appointment) at there main cooperation in Addison. I drove there and they told me about the job and everything I should expect. Then I finished the rest of the application there. They make copies of your two forms of Id. After that they set up a tour. I went to the tour. They show ou everything from the trucks to inside the truck and how they should be ordered and how everything has a place. After the tour I got called later that day cause the supervisor really liked me. He was like "I want her" haha so that's about it and I have orientation on Tuesday :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They actually told me if I didn't like something or it's to hard I can try other areas cause there's something for everyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (Hodgkins, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview that same day, I rescheduled the interview for the next day so I could be better prepared. I was interviewed by an African American lady - at first she looked kind of mean/strict but throughout the interview she turned out to be really nice & cool.

Interview Questions

• During the interview she basically just wanted to know about my previous jobs - what made me apply at UPS? And things like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating - but after 40 days you can get promoted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS (Phila, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

What interview? They essentially brought me in to take care of the paperwork. Part time package handlers aren't the most qualified people and UPS understands that so all they expect you to do is be able to write your name. No drug test, no trick questions. You sign up for a tour of the building and job, then at the end you sign up for a time slot to be "interviewed", then you go to the interview. From the time I signed up for the tour til I started working was about a week.

Interview Questions

• What's your name, why are you here, when can you start etc. Not really an interview, more filling out paperwork than anything.   Answer Question