UPS

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Canton, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in January 2014.

Interview Details – After putting in an application you may eventually be sent an email informing you of a group interview session (NOTE: This arrived in my spam folder!) You are asked to log back into UPS and finish your application. The interview takes place at the warehouse with other candidates. After a job description you'll be called individually to answer questions about whether we can fulfill the duties and why we want to work at UPS.

HR will soon contact you via phone (possibly email) asking if you still want the position and if so to return to update the application and give you and orientation date. After signing papers at the paid-orientation you're officially a UPS employee.

There is no drug test

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at UPS?   View Answer

UPS Package Handler

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details – -Filled out application online then schedule for tour.
-Attend tour(70 min)long, +walk through.
-Group interview during tour.
-A week later I was emailed for 1:1 interview.
-Background check.
-Week later I was emailed to start working.

Interview Question – Yes and No questions.   Answer Question

Fullerton, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

Interview Details – information session, then one on one interview with an h.r representative. make sure to impress them as much as possible in your limited amount of time. make a good impression and you may be invited for a second interview in which all goes after that.

Interview Question – n/a standard interview questions   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I interviewed at UPS in October 2010.

Interview Details – group interviews, followed by a tour of the facility, then you are asked to choose from one of the available shifts. once that is over, you wait for a call back, and do a one on one interview with a supervisor. overall the process is pretty painless.

Interview Question – why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at UPS

Interview Details – Hiring process begins online and then you'll receive an email with information pertaining to your interview. Interview was very brief. One or two questions. "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to work for ups". After which I was hired on the spot and given information regarding orientation. Orientation lasted a few days. Consisted of going over safety precautions and basic understanding of job duties and what to expect

Interview Question – None. All questions were very standard. This position doesnt require much intellect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

UPS Package Handler

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process. Just show up and you'll most likely get the job.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in October 2011.

Interview Details – EASY. You need your own transportation to meet the driver. No drug test--at least for seasonal.

Interview Question – NONE. If you can't get through, you've got bigger issues.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NONE. 8.50, take it or leave it.

Davenport, IA

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in September 2012.

Interview Details – First, there was a tour of the UPS Facility. Then we filled out a very short application and talked with a Supervisor who was very knowledgeable in explaining the Job Title and work that is expected of me. Then I had to return on day 2 for the 1 on 1 interview which went well.

Interview Question – I understood every question that was asked of me so there was not one that I couldn't answer.   Answer Question

San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and scheduled interview on site....quick onsite tour followed by a 15 minute interview. About a week later I received a call from HR and was offered a position that I quickly accepted.

Interview Questions

Cerritos, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS in September 2011.

Interview Details – First of I went onto the UPS career website , I applied for the package handler it was a pretty small application at first and then then after that application they said someone was gonna review it and then I guess someone reviewed it I had to finish another application but this time was more detailed and more information and after that they gave me an appointment date ( after the first application you have to log back into the website consistently to check the status on your application because they dont send an e mail or call to let you know that yoir first application has been reviewed) when I got my appointment time they told me to dress business casual (in other places they specificly ask you to come in casual) all this has been a 3 day span, once I went to the appointment it was a group of around 20ish people, we waited outside to be called inside we all had to sign in since we didnt have id/pass to pass the security outside in the guard shacks, once inside a Human resources representative gave us a quick review of the job (package handler) and she seriously made it seem like the worst job ever , in fact 3 people walked out and said it wasnt for them. Once everhthing was over she gave us a paper to write down our basic info (name adress phone number) and then the shift we wanted to work, we all turned in the sheet and she took them and left. she then came back and called us up 1 by 1, and when it was my turn I saw that every time I said I did something that included endurance or muscular activity she wrote it down on my paper, which in my case I told her I did wrestling, swimming, water polo and construction on the side with a neighbor. After that I got another appointment time right there and there by her. Whem I was leaving I caught up to the guy that went before me amd asked him of he got an appointment time and he said no. I came in for the next interview and kt was a regular interview 1 on 1 with the main human resources supervisor, after the interview he sent me home without any idea of my future. After 2 Weeks of nothing I got a call back telling me I had an appointment at 5am(because I choose the preload shift) told me to wear pots and comfortBle clothes I had another interview/tour the interview was 1 on 1 but the tour was 4 guys after the interview and tour I had to fill out all the employment paperwork of UPS. After that they told me to come in next Monday to start our hazmat training while we got paid and three days later after that I was already working in the pens.

Interview Question – Why do you deserve the job?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at UPS

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!

UPS Videos

UPS – Why Work for Us?

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better, from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UPS UPS Package Handler interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by UPS employees and interview candidates.