URS Corporation Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.7

Administrative Assistant- Atlanta, GA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in May 2013 for an Administrative position. We set up a phone interview and it went really well. I did my research on the company and had really great questions to ask the Recruiter. She asked questions like had I heard of the company, did I know the type of services they provided, etc. She stated that it would take about two weeks to know whether or not they would like to move forward. Two months later, I was contacted by a HR Manager who scheduled an additional phone interview. When we talked, I could barely hear what she was saying because her dogs were barking. I was already prepared for the interview and I answered every question right on cue. A few days later, she called me in for a face to face interview. When I got there, she escorted me to her office. I had worked in the adjacent building so I was familiar with the area and structure of the architecture. Very nice area. However, the Recruiter seemed disoriented and was constantly interrupted by staff. She asked about three or four questions that asked to describe a situation where there was conflict that you had with a co-worker, how would you handle it? I told her over and over that I did not have conflicts in my office. It was all males and they didn't bother me. However, after that, she told me that three Admins had recently quit. This was a red flag. But, needless to say, this whole situation and the interview, etc., was a big disappointment.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle office conflicts? How did you handle conflicts with co-workers.   1 Answer

Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Two interviews - first by phone with IT Manager for that division. Then with hiring manager for the IT Department and Vice President of division in person. Small, cozy office. Kind employees all around. Informal interview based on my experience and my expectations of the job; they told me what the job entailed, salary and benefits, and that was it. About 30 mins or so.

Interview Questions

• None - they asked how I would rate myself on different MS Word programs. None of the usual 'throw me off my game' or 'pin me to the chair' questions many companies employ these days.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a contract so all salary and benefits are set -no negotiation is possible for government contracts.

Entry Civil Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview by a human resource representative. It usually narrows down pretty fast to only 15-20 or so before you get this phone call. You will be schedule for an on-site interview shortly after. The fun part is the on-site interview where you alternate around with four 1:1 interviews. Each 1:1 interview is usually 30 minutes each. Be prepared somewhat, and be yourself. URS usually looks for character as well as your qualifications. Have fun :)

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • How would you rate your team working skill?   1 Answer