URS Corporation Environmental Scientist Interview Questions

2.8

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a university career fair - I was later e-mailed for an interview the next day. The first interview was to see if I was qualified to work in any of the departments of URS. The second interview was over the phone and lasted around 25-30 minutes. It went well and I was invited to a full day interview about a month later. My interview is coming up this week, so I haven't quite finished the interviewing process! However, I've been told that I will have to give a 20 minute presentation, as well as meet with about 5-6 people throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview included basic behavioral questions - where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What kind of experience do you have in (engineering, environmental science, geology, etc.).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for URS Corporation

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

I was turned down by the computer genereated reviewer. But then a week later I was contacted by a recruiter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter the following monday and by thursday of that same week I had and in-person interview. By friday (the next day) they were starting the background check. And they actually called all 3 of my references. In-person interview should have lasted an hour but I had many questions and last much longer. I thought this interview process went very quickly, not sure if this is standard for the company.

Negotiation

They offered to pay for relocation but if you are unsure about the job, do not take the relocation money. You will have to pay back if you do not stay at the company for longer than a year!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at URS Corporation (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

The entire interview process took about 6 hours from start to finish. It was a series of 4 one-on-one 30 minute interviews, with a 30 minute presentation by HR regarding benefits, as well as a 30 minute presentation you gave to a small group (can vary between 6-12, depending on who can make it). This presentation can be about anything, and is designed as a way to evaluate your communication and speaking skills, ability to convey information, and simply a way to get to know you. I don't want to say it's informal, but it certainly wasn't completely rigid, either. I have to believe the closer you can align your presentation topic to your field of work, the better. After the presentation, I was taken out to lunch by two employees. This is an opportunity for them to get to know you, and also a great time to ask questions yourself. Everyone was really nice, and completely aware I was repeating myself a lot.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't an unexpected or difficult question. They were much more interested in getting to know me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty minimal; they gave me a salary range, told me to pick a salary, and then they made a counteroffer, which I accepted. If given a range, I'd start out with an upper middle number, and then negotiate from there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation (Dublin, OH) in February 2007.

Interview

I did my first interview where I sat with a few employees and then went around and met everyone who worked with the group they were looking to hire for. My follow up interview was with a Project Manager and the Client. Pretty informal lunch.

Interview Questions

• Being aka-Green how would you feel working for a client that is not always making the best decision for the environment.   Answer Question