URS Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Panel with multiple managers, HR and Security. Very friendly and as relaxed as possible. I was nervous at the Panel idea but much easier than 1:1. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice everyone was. Would recommend a panel interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Email reply from company they were interested in interviewing me. Set up time with HR representative and was told it would be a behaviour assessment interview. Time was over a period of two weeks, so very easy to fit into schedule.

Interview Questions

• What is a project you initiated and implemented? Was it well received and what process did you go through to get it approved.   1 Answer

Salary limits: with traveling to/from location, wasn't worth the trip if the salary wasn't up to expectations.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Met with 5 staff members including several project managers and the department head. I was asked general questions about my resume, my experience and student projects while in college. It lasted several hours and was followed up by a phone call from the department head.

Interview Questions

• Details about an engineering project during my jr and sr years of college.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel. Hiring manager I could tell immediately I wouldn't want to work for him and that I would not be a good fit. He seemed pretty childish and ill prepared. The other guy was very professional and prepared. If he were the manger I would have felt different about the job. I had a phone screening and a interview. Screening went well, but I lost interest in the follow-up interview especially when they wouldn't tell why employees had left the position. Seemed like there was a problem. I am not disheartened at all about not getting an offer. Lastly, manger lied in call. These types are the worst to work for... Serious red flag for me. I didn't ask when I should expect to hear from them or anything. I am sure my disinterest was displayed.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer wasn't prepared. I asked most of the questions. Any questions pertained to my experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through URS portal. After 1 month they contacted me for a telephone interview with the project manager.I did not have a HR interview. I had a 30 minutes phone call conversation where the questions were mostly technical and team related. I got a call from the HR within one week saying that I was selected for the next round which was a skype call interview with multiple project managers. As the job location was far from the place I lived, they wanted to complete the entire process on phone.They asked me questions for about an hour which were highly technical and a couple of them were related to my managerial skills.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation (Buffalo, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was notified by my adviser that URS was looking for an entry-level environmental engineer. I contacted them and applied, and very soon after got an interview. The interview was mostly for me to elaborate on my experience and also for me to ask any questions I had, as well as to meet a few of the people in the office.

Nondestructive Inpsector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation (Las Cruces, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very Simple process that allowed for real explanation of my personal abilities and how I have been able to perform in the previous situations. Overall it was a situation you really want to be in when you are getting interviewed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was quite long and exhaustive. I met five different people in the department for which the job opening was. They asked me many of the same questions and explained a lot of what they did, but didn't say much of what the position's duties would entail. I thought it could have been much more succinct and efficient.

Interview Questions

• What will you be able to contribute to this company short-term as well as long-term?   Answer Question

Vacation Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

I applied online for URS and the Hong Kong branch is interested in me. I received an e-mail about 1 week after application. An HR e-mailed me to gather some basic information like the major, graduation date, undergraduate degree. They then match me to a position in the group of air pollution.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Position was offered to me at a low end and negotiation were not optional. It took a total of 4 months from the first interview to the final interview.

Negotiation

none