URS Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.5

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Met with 5 staff members including several project managers and the department head. I was asked general questions about my resume, my experience and student projects while in college. It lasted several hours and was followed up by a phone call from the department head.

Interview Questions

• Details about an engineering project during my jr and sr years of college.   1 Answer

Civil/Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel. Hiring manager I could tell immediately I wouldn't want to work for him and that I would not be a good fit. He seemed pretty childish and ill prepared. The other guy was very professional and prepared. If he were the manger I would have felt different about the job. I had a phone screening and a interview. Screening went well, but I lost interest in the follow-up interview especially when they wouldn't tell why employees had left the position. Seemed like there was a problem. I am not disheartened at all about not getting an offer. Lastly, manger lied in call. These types are the worst to work for... Serious red flag for me. I didn't ask when I should expect to hear from them or anything. I am sure my disinterest was displayed.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer wasn't prepared. I asked most of the questions. Any questions pertained to my experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Water Resources Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through URS portal. After 1 month they contacted me for a telephone interview with the project manager.I did not have a HR interview. I had a 30 minutes phone call conversation where the questions were mostly technical and team related. I got a call from the HR within one week saying that I was selected for the next round which was a skype call interview with multiple project managers. As the job location was far from the place I lived, they wanted to complete the entire process on phone.They asked me questions for about an hour which were highly technical and a couple of them were related to my managerial skills.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation (Buffalo, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was notified by my adviser that URS was looking for an entry-level environmental engineer. I contacted them and applied, and very soon after got an interview. The interview was mostly for me to elaborate on my experience and also for me to ask any questions I had, as well as to meet a few of the people in the office.

Environmental Scientist/Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was quite long and exhaustive. I met five different people in the department for which the job opening was. They asked me many of the same questions and explained a lot of what they did, but didn't say much of what the position's duties would entail. I thought it could have been much more succinct and efficient.

Interview Questions

• What will you be able to contribute to this company short-term as well as long-term?   Answer Question

Vacation Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

I applied online for URS and the Hong Kong branch is interested in me. I received an e-mail about 1 week after application. An HR e-mailed me to gather some basic information like the major, graduation date, undergraduate degree. They then match me to a position in the group of air pollution.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Position was offered to me at a low end and negotiation were not optional. It took a total of 4 months from the first interview to the final interview.

Negotiation

none

Unix Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

I transferred from one project to another. I worked at another site project for URS and then went to work at the new location based on a referral. The questions basically revolved around what the job was like and some questions about my experience, but I came highly recommended

Negotiation

quite easy and I we met in the midle

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a university career fair - I was later e-mailed for an interview the next day. The first interview was to see if I was qualified to work in any of the departments of URS. The second interview was over the phone and lasted around 25-30 minutes. It went well and I was invited to a full day interview about a month later. My interview is coming up this week, so I haven't quite finished the interviewing process! However, I've been told that I will have to give a 20 minute presentation, as well as meet with about 5-6 people throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview included basic behavioral questions - where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What kind of experience do you have in (engineering, environmental science, geology, etc.).   Answer Question

Transportation/Traffic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

I was called in to do an interview. The interview was very straightforward. No tricky questions and didn't take too long. About two weeks later I got a call back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be part of out transportation team?   Answer Question