URS Corporation

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.5

Civil/Geotechnical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interviewed with a panel. Hiring manager I could tell immediately I wouldn't want to work for him and that I would not be a good fit. He seemed pretty childish and ill prepared. The other guy was very professional and prepared. If he were the manger I would have felt different about the job. I had a phone screening and a interview. Screening went well, but I lost interest in the follow-up interview especially when they wouldn't tell why employees had left the position. Seemed like there was a problem. I am not disheartened at all about not getting an offer. Lastly, manger lied in call. These types are the worst to work for... Serious red flag for me. I didn't ask when I should expect to hear from them or anything. I am sure my disinterest was displayed.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer wasn't prepared. I asked most of the questions. Any questions pertained to my experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Water Resources Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in February 2015.

I applied online through URS portal. After 1 month they contacted me for a telephone interview with the project manager.I did not have a HR interview. I had a 30 minutes phone call conversation where the questions were mostly technical and team related. I got a call from the HR within one week saying that I was selected for the next round which was a skype call interview with multiple project managers. As the job location was far from the place I lived, they wanted to complete the entire process on phone.They asked me questions for about an hour which were highly technical and a couple of them were related to my managerial skills.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation in February 2015.

I was notified by my adviser that URS was looking for an entry-level environmental engineer. I contacted them and applied, and very soon after got an interview. The interview was mostly for me to elaborate on my experience and also for me to ask any questions I had, as well as to meet a few of the people in the office.

Environmental Scientist/Geologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

The interview process was quite long and exhaustive. I met five different people in the department for which the job opening was. They asked me many of the same questions and explained a lot of what they did, but didn't say much of what the position's duties would entail. I thought it could have been much more succinct and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • What will you be able to contribute to this company short-term as well as long-term?   Answer Question

Vacation Trainee Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

I applied online for URS and the Hong Kong branch is interested in me. I received an e-mail about 1 week after application. An HR e-mailed me to gather some basic information like the major, graduation date, undergraduate degree. They then match me to a position in the group of air pollution.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Position was offered to me at a low end and negotiation were not optional. It took a total of 4 months from the first interview to the final interview.

none

Unix Administrative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

I transferred from one project to another. I worked at another site project for URS and then went to work at the new location based on a referral. The questions basically revolved around what the job was like and some questions about my experience, but I came highly recommended

quite easy and I we met in the midle

Environmental Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in January 2015.

I talked to a recruiter at a university career fair - I was later e-mailed for an interview the next day. The first interview was to see if I was qualified to work in any of the departments of URS. The second interview was over the phone and lasted around 25-30 minutes. It went well and I was invited to a full day interview about a month later. My interview is coming up this week, so I haven't quite finished the interviewing process! However, I've been told that I will have to give a 20 minute presentation, as well as meet with about 5-6 people throughout the day.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview included basic behavioral questions - where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What kind of experience do you have in (engineering, environmental science, geology, etc.).   Answer Question

Transportation/Traffic Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

I was called in to do an interview. The interview was very straightforward. No tricky questions and didn't take too long. About two weeks later I got a call back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be part of out transportation team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation.

Good interview process. I had an initial phone interview lasting about half an hour. These were fairly straightforward questions. My in-person interview was a panel of 6 employees, which was very intimidating to start with. I started my interview with the woman that would have been my direct supervisor, which lasted for about 15 mins. Then the whole panel came in and asked questions for about 45 mins. Everyone was very personable and friendly. Given a quick tour of the office after the interview and was sent home! They called my references the next day and I was given a great offer.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly very generic HR/behavioral questions "tell me about a time you..." and "are you willing to do..."   Answer Question

Decided to pursue other options. Still a great company and I imagine I would have been more than happy to work for them.