Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at URS Corporation
- Project Manager (8)
- Project Engineer (6)
- Environmental Engineer (5)
- Graduate Civil Engineer (5)
- Graduate Water Resources Engineer (4)
- Environmental Scientist (4)
- Civil Engineer (4)
- Marketing Coordinator (3)
- Systems Engineer (3)
- Geologist (3)
- Business Development (3)
- Engineering (3)
- Cost Analyst (2)
- Water Resources Engineer (2)
- Transportation Planner (2)
- Project Administrator (2)
- GIS Specialist (2)
- Planning and Scheduling Analyst (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Software Engineer (2)
- Staff Accountant (2)
- Engineer (2)
- Logistics (2)
- Senior Engineer (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Graduate Mechanical Engineer (2)
- Environmental Planner (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Control Room Operator (1)
- GIS Analyst (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation.
Panel with multiple managers, HR and Security. Very friendly and as relaxed as possible. I was nervous at the Panel idea but much easier than 1:1. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice everyone was. Would recommend a panel interview.
- How do you handle diversity in the office Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at URS Corporation (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.
Email reply from company they were interested in interviewing me. Set up time with HR representative and was told it would be a behaviour assessment interview. Time was over a period of two weeks, so very easy to fit into schedule.
- What is a project you initiated and implemented? Was it well received and what process did you go through to get it approved. 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
Salary limits: with traveling to/from location, wasn't worth the trip if the salary wasn't up to expectations.
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at URS Corporation.
Met with 5 staff members including several project managers and the department head. I was asked general questions about my resume, my experience and student projects while in college. It lasted several hours and was followed up by a phone call from the department head.
- Details about an engineering project during my jr and sr years of college. 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at URS Corporation.
Interviewed with a panel. Hiring manager I could tell immediately I wouldn't want to work for him and that I would not be a good fit. He seemed pretty childish and ill prepared. The other guy was very professional and prepared. If he were the manger I would have felt different about the job. I had a phone screening and a interview. Screening went well, but I lost interest in the follow-up interview especially when they wouldn't tell why employees had left the position. Seemed like there was a problem. I am not disheartened at all about not getting an offer. Lastly, manger lied in call. These types are the worst to work for... Serious red flag for me. I didn't ask when I should expect to hear from them or anything. I am sure my disinterest was displayed.
- Interviewer wasn't prepared. I asked most of the questions. Any questions pertained to my experience. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at URS Corporation in February 2015.
I applied online through URS portal. After 1 month they contacted me for a telephone interview with the project manager.I did not have a HR interview. I had a 30 minutes phone call conversation where the questions were mostly technical and team related. I got a call from the HR within one week saying that I was selected for the next round which was a skype call interview with multiple project managers. As the job location was far from the place I lived, they wanted to complete the entire process on phone.They asked me questions for about an hour which were highly technical and a couple of them were related to my managerial skills.
- How do you work under pressure? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at URS Corporation (Buffalo, NY) in February 2015.
I was notified by my adviser that URS was looking for an entry-level environmental engineer. I contacted them and applied, and very soon after got an interview. The interview was mostly for me to elaborate on my experience and also for me to ask any questions I had, as well as to meet a few of the people in the office.
- Pretty basic questions about past experience Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at URS Corporation (Las Cruces, CA) in February 2015.
Very Simple process that allowed for real explanation of my personal abilities and how I have been able to perform in the previous situations. Overall it was a situation you really want to be in when you are getting interviewed.
- Are you certified? 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at URS Corporation.
The interview process was quite long and exhaustive. I met five different people in the department for which the job opening was. They asked me many of the same questions and explained a lot of what they did, but didn't say much of what the position's duties would entail. I thought it could have been much more succinct and efficient.
- What will you be able to contribute to this company short-term as well as long-term? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferEasy Interview
The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at URS Corporation.
I applied online for URS and the Hong Kong branch is interested in me. I received an e-mail about 1 week after application. An HR e-mailed me to gather some basic information like the major, graduation date, undergraduate degree. They then match me to a position in the group of air pollution.
- no difficult questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at URS Corporation.
Position was offered to me at a low end and negotiation were not optional. It took a total of 4 months from the first interview to the final interview.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review