URS Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.5

GIS Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation (Santa Maria, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I submitted application online in August and was called by a hiring manager 3 weeks later. We scheduled a phone interview. I was interviewed via phone because I was applying for a relocation position so they accommodated the distance. Phone interview was with two senior team members. I was asked to come into the office a few days later and I came for an in person interview. I was asked to submit work examples. In person interview discussed short and long term goals but most questions were all covered in first interview. Interview process in total took 3 months in total and was considered "accelerated".

Interview Questions

• What are your short and long term goals with URS?   Answer Question
    • What experience have you had which will directly improve your work here?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in consulting before? Do you know about billability?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for higher salary and was granted. Negotiations took one week.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation (Wilmington, DE) in February 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people, supervisor and manager level. They asked questions about my current job and work experience. The job description online was very vague. It was only introduced in the interview process that the position required experience in mechanical engineering. Therefore, the interview process was more of a waste of time had they just reviewed my work experience before requesting an interview.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Met with 5 staff members including several project managers and the department head. I was asked general questions about my resume, my experience and student projects while in college. It lasted several hours and was followed up by a phone call from the department head.

Interview Questions

• Details about an engineering project during my jr and sr years of college.   1 Answer

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation (Buffalo, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was notified by my adviser that URS was looking for an entry-level environmental engineer. I contacted them and applied, and very soon after got an interview. The interview was mostly for me to elaborate on my experience and also for me to ask any questions I had, as well as to meet a few of the people in the office.

Graduate Water Resources Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through URS portal. After 1 month they contacted me for a telephone interview with the project manager.I did not have a HR interview. I had a 30 minutes phone call conversation where the questions were mostly technical and team related. I got a call from the HR within one week saying that I was selected for the next round which was a skype call interview with multiple project managers. As the job location was far from the place I lived, they wanted to complete the entire process on phone.They asked me questions for about an hour which were highly technical and a couple of them were related to my managerial skills.

Civil/Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel. Hiring manager I could tell immediately I wouldn't want to work for him and that I would not be a good fit. He seemed pretty childish and ill prepared. The other guy was very professional and prepared. If he were the manger I would have felt different about the job. I had a phone screening and a interview. Screening went well, but I lost interest in the follow-up interview especially when they wouldn't tell why employees had left the position. Seemed like there was a problem. I am not disheartened at all about not getting an offer. Lastly, manger lied in call. These types are the worst to work for... Serious red flag for me. I didn't ask when I should expect to hear from them or anything. I am sure my disinterest was displayed.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer wasn't prepared. I asked most of the questions. Any questions pertained to my experience.   Answer Question

Sensor Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was scheduled a week in advance but I was notified two days prior that it would be a phone interview, not face-to-face. Overall, the interview was basic with questions regarding my technical experience and providing information about the company and the benefits. At the conclusion of the interview, I was told that I'd know after the holiday if a decision was made. I did not hear back after and so I reached out to the Interviewer via email and was told that there was no decision made. I reached out again at the end of January and have not received a response so I assume that the position is still contingent or another candidate was selected.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about experience and background and willingness to accept shift work.   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a university career fair - I was later e-mailed for an interview the next day. The first interview was to see if I was qualified to work in any of the departments of URS. The second interview was over the phone and lasted around 25-30 minutes. It went well and I was invited to a full day interview about a month later. My interview is coming up this week, so I haven't quite finished the interviewing process! However, I've been told that I will have to give a 20 minute presentation, as well as meet with about 5-6 people throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview included basic behavioral questions - where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What kind of experience do you have in (engineering, environmental science, geology, etc.).   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist/Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was quite long and exhaustive. I met five different people in the department for which the job opening was. They asked me many of the same questions and explained a lot of what they did, but didn't say much of what the position's duties would entail. I thought it could have been much more succinct and efficient.

Interview Questions

• What will you be able to contribute to this company short-term as well as long-term?   Answer Question

Entry Level Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation in October 2014.

Interview

Standard interview questions. I handed them my resume at a University Career fair and they called me back for an interview regarding whether I qualified for any positions throughout the company. The recruiters hosted an info session the day before the interviews were held, where you could get 1:1 time with your interviewer before you interview.

Interview Questions

• None. They asked the most basic of questions: What drives you? What are your future plans? Why would you want to work with us? etc.   Answer Question