URS Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.5

Transportation/Traffic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

I was called in to do an interview. The interview was very straightforward. No tricky questions and didn't take too long. About two weeks later I got a call back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be part of out transportation team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Good interview process. I had an initial phone interview lasting about half an hour. These were fairly straightforward questions. My in-person interview was a panel of 6 employees, which was very intimidating to start with. I started my interview with the woman that would have been my direct supervisor, which lasted for about 15 mins. Then the whole panel came in and asked questions for about 45 mins. Everyone was very personable and friendly. Given a quick tour of the office after the interview and was sent home! They called my references the next day and I was given a great offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly very generic HR/behavioral questions "tell me about a time you..." and "are you willing to do..."   Answer Question

Decided to pursue other options. Still a great company and I imagine I would have been more than happy to work for them.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I expected considerably more professionalism and consideration of more than a decade of experience in lieu of a formal degree for what is essentially, a field position. The interview questions did not accurately represent the job at hand and the interviewer was not approachable to address anything other than what her script reflected. The epitome of a HR being disconnected from the realities of the actual work performed by the company.

Interview Questions

• Asking how to deal with sexual advances.   1 Answer

Sensor Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was scheduled a week in advance but I was notified two days prior that it would be a phone interview, not face-to-face. Overall, the interview was basic with questions regarding my technical experience and providing information about the company and the benefits. At the conclusion of the interview, I was told that I'd know after the holiday if a decision was made. I did not hear back after and so I reached out to the Interviewer via email and was told that there was no decision made. I reached out again at the end of January and have not received a response so I assume that the position is still contingent or another candidate was selected.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about experience and background and willingness to accept shift work.   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

I was presented by an HR recruiter. Standard phone interview with the hiring manager followed bya 4 hour onsite interview with 4 people (one was a group of 3). Lunch with 3 managers.

Typical questions about my expertise and experience. Some technical questions, nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• How do you build momentum and acceptance for a new technology?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer met my expectation.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview was quick and painless. Recruiter had prepared me for the areas to focus on for this particular role. the manager was far less experienced than I expected and was relatively new to the role at a few months - so they couldn't really answer the questions sufficiently.

Entry Level Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation in October 2014.

Interview

Standard interview questions. I handed them my resume at a University Career fair and they called me back for an interview regarding whether I qualified for any positions throughout the company. The recruiters hosted an info session the day before the interviews were held, where you could get 1:1 time with your interviewer before you interview.

Interview Questions

• None. They asked the most basic of questions: What drives you? What are your future plans? Why would you want to work with us? etc.   Answer Question

Billing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Two step process with current employees. I felt as if they already knew who they wanted but were going through the steps to make it seem fair. The interview went well, I felt very positive, received both the one on one interview and the panel interview, yet did not receive the job. Asked later for pointers on how to improve interview next or for feedback that would help me to avoid any danger areas that I may have stumbled into, never received follow-up.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview with a Project Managers. Lasted about an hour. Asked questions about work experiences and classes. Talked about their job responsibilities and the company culture. Very laid back and was a get to know you interview. Not many technical or behavioral questions. The overall interview process was quick. They were flexible about speeding up the whole process and quick to make a decision. Employees are very knowledgeable and always willing to answer questions. Great office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Cvcx Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

So the process was easy for me because I was recommended to the hiring manager. He was kind and asked me general questions about my knowledge and understanding of maintenance concepst

Negotiation

vxvxcvxcvxcdd