URS Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.5

Senior Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two interviews. Possible the best interviews I have ever been on.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation (Carlsbad, NM).

Interview

Clumsy not very professional.

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS Corporation (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

I loved the work culture and the interviews themselves. I was interviewed by two different groups - Geotech and Infrastructure. I decided to go with Infrastructure because the managers were so nice and the work seemed to be what I wanted to do.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation (Norfolk, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Why did you choose to be a Mechanical Engineer?

Graduate Water/Wastewater Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

2 month process - applied online and then had a follow up in an email after which I got an interview. The interviewer asked me several technical questions and they were a little unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Did the amount of work you put in reflect on your GPA?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

My interview was simple because they need a person with my skills. The VP is a stand up person and just expects you to do your job. Very easy to work with.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

I was turned down by the computer genereated reviewer. But then a week later I was contacted by a recruiter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter the following monday and by thursday of that same week I had and in-person interview. By friday (the next day) they were starting the background check. And they actually called all 3 of my references. In-person interview should have lasted an hour but I had many questions and last much longer. I thought this interview process went very quickly, not sure if this is standard for the company.

Negotiation

They offered to pay for relocation but if you are unsure about the job, do not take the relocation money. You will have to pay back if you do not stay at the company for longer than a year!

Scheduler-Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

As with most companies, the initial application process is online so need to include key words in resume. Then a phone interview with some brief interest questions. Lastly a face-to-face. Expect safety related questions along with relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• HR does the hiring so they will probably ask more difficult level questions than the job actually requires because the rep doesn't know exactly what you will be doing. Be prepared to have to know more than the job will require.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiating due to their strict pay structure. They bill the client for a limited range of salary. Try to get a little more, but know they may be bringing you in close to the most they will be able to pay.

Entry-Level Geologist Interview

Interview

On-campus interview. Recruiter was very kind and helpful. She was very excited and willing to hire entry-level students. URS was very informational.

Environmental Engineer/Specialist (Entry Level) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation (Cleveland, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was ridiculous in Cleveland, most likely because of a specific individual in my case. I interviewed 4 times for the same position, and 3 of the 4 interviews were with the same individuals. This was an entry level job mind you. I had to take days off work because the commute was so far, and I felt like each experience was just a repeat of the last. Cost me over 200 in gas and almost 40 dollars in parking passes, not to mention the day(s) salary I lost coming to interview each time. How many times does one have to interview for the same job in Cleveland? Especially an entry level position. Even after the 4th interview salary was never even discussed.

Negotiation

I was offered the job, accepted, and then put in my two weeks notice with my current employer. The individual who drug out the interview process was also the same person to call me and retract the offer AFTER he knew I had put in my two weeks notice with my current employer. There was no legitimate reason for the rescinded offer (nothing in my background check, nothing in my work history, etc.) nothing that would draw a red flag. The person withdrew the offer for no legitimate reason (other than personal reasons) and caused my current unemployment. Anybody out there looking for an environmental job?.....Please do yourself a favor and don't wast your time at this location, until this one specific individual quits or gets fired.