URS Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.5

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at URS Corporation (Norfolk, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was tailored towards basic troubleshooting and safety knowledge. Very open about what was expected from a worker, and the consequences for failing to following the 4790 maintenance manual.

Interview Questions

• How would a supervisor handle a conflict between workers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiating, but the good thing is that the company hires within, so getting qualified in an important aspect in ensuring that you have the right qualifications when a position does become available.

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, in person interview. spoke with four different project managers and was taken to lunch. informal interviews. was able to ask a lot of questions too.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Very forward and clear about the job position and salary.

Senior Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two interviews. Possible the best interviews I have ever been on.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation (Carlsbad, NM).

Interview

Clumsy not very professional.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS Corporation (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

I loved the work culture and the interviews themselves. I was interviewed by two different groups - Geotech and Infrastructure. I decided to go with Infrastructure because the managers were so nice and the work seemed to be what I wanted to do.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation (Norfolk, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Why did you choose to be a Mechanical Engineer?

Graduate Water/Wastewater Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

2 month process - applied online and then had a follow up in an email after which I got an interview. The interviewer asked me several technical questions and they were a little unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Did the amount of work you put in reflect on your GPA?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

My interview was simple because they need a person with my skills. The VP is a stand up person and just expects you to do your job. Very easy to work with.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

I was turned down by the computer genereated reviewer. But then a week later I was contacted by a recruiter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter the following monday and by thursday of that same week I had and in-person interview. By friday (the next day) they were starting the background check. And they actually called all 3 of my references. In-person interview should have lasted an hour but I had many questions and last much longer. I thought this interview process went very quickly, not sure if this is standard for the company.

Negotiation

They offered to pay for relocation but if you are unsure about the job, do not take the relocation money. You will have to pay back if you do not stay at the company for longer than a year!