URS Corporation Interview Questions

2.5

Graduate Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation in October 2013.

I had an interview in october 2013. They had very straight forward question regarding my experience with softwares required for the position

Civil Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation in September 2013.

Applied online. Next day received an email saying 'thanks for applying, but we are no longer considering you for this position'. Several weeks later received an email asking to call them if I was still interested. I called and the first impression was positive. A phone interview followed. Later a job offer came (without any additional interviews or ever meeting anyone in person). Hiring process seemed extremely atypical.

Interview Questions
    • No hard or tricky questions. Asked me to explain past professional experience, and why I became an engineer.   Answer Question
    They asked my desired salary range. They came back with a lower offer. Tried to negotiate for more.

Senior Inspector Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Usually first you get interviewed by the client. If the client likes you then URS HIRES

CAD TECH ( Junior ) Interview

Was initially turned down in ONLY interview.

Telecommunications Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview Questions
    • Came over from Apptis, so no interview. Did a lot of hiring for Apptis, so the question most asked was, "with your experiences, what can you bring to the table in filling this position"?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation.

HR phone screen, then group interview, then one on one interview, then drug screen.
    Yes, for a marketing position.

Too many people involved in the negotiation phase. I felt pressured to say yes.

Senior Planner Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Was a temp, submitted my resume, was hired within a week. No reference checks.

Interview Questions
    I came from out of state in 2005 for another job that didn't last. I was unemployed for a year, idle and broke. They offered me fair market value for my experience with no questions. I was stupid because I could have bargained for more but times and circumstances being what they were, I made a good deal.

Civil Engineer Interview

Applied to an online open position. Contacted by HR assistant and scheduled for a telephone interview and then a face to face interview

Administrative Assistant- Atlanta, GA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation.

I was contacted by a recruiter in May 2013 for an Administrative position. We set up a phone interview and it went really well. I did my research on the company and had really great questions to ask the Recruiter. She asked questions like had I heard of the company, did I know the type of services they provided, etc. She stated that it would take about two weeks to know whether or not they would like to move forward. Two months later, I was contacted by a HR Manager who scheduled an additional phone interview. When we talked, I could barely hear what she was saying because her dogs were barking. I was already prepared for the interview and I answered every question right on cue. A few days later, she called me in for a face to face interview. When I got there, she escorted me to her office. I had worked in the adjacent building so I was familiar with the area and structure of the architecture. Very nice area. However, the Recruiter seemed disoriented and was constantly interrupted by staff. She asked about three or four questions that asked to describe a situation where there was conflict that you had with a co-worker, how would you handle it? I told her over and over that I did not have conflicts in my office. It was all males and they didn't bother me. However, after that, she told me that three Admins had recently quit. This was a red flag. But, needless to say, this whole situation and the interview, etc., was a big disappointment.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle office conflicts? How did you handle conflicts with co-workers.   View Answer

Engineer V Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in June 2013.

Process started with an email screen from HR reaffirming minimum qualifications. A couple weeks later there was a phone screen with a supervising discipline engineer that covered basic work history and skills with no tough questions. A week or so later was an in-office interview that initially had about 5 people on the itinerary but only 3 were available at the time. These people included the department manager and a couple other discipline engineer manager types. The level of technical questioning from the section manager was higher than I expected as he went into detail about specific design applications and software. I was even questioned about which professors I had in college despite that being over 10 years ago. No behavioral questions. Everything went well. Unfortunately the position was put on hold shortly thereafter and it took another 5 months or so before it was posted again and offered the position. Being eager to take the job it seemed to require a lot of effort on my part to maintain contact with them over a long period of time in order to get in but I suppose it was worth it.

Interview Questions
    • If you did not take a college course in this subject how are you qualified to do the work and understand what is going on? This requires a high level of proof to show your work history has sufficiently trained you in lieu of the coursework.   Answer Question
    The salary offer was detailed to show at what percent of the median for that title based on skills and experience coming in. They seemed resistant to a counter offer but I tried anyways and was able to get 3% more.