URS Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Came over from Apptis, so no interview. Did a lot of hiring for Apptis, so the question most asked was, "with your experiences, what can you bring to the table in filling this position"?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Boston, MA).

Interview

HR phone screen, then group interview, then one on one interview, then drug screen. Yes, for a marketing position.

Negotiation

Too many people involved in the negotiation phase. I felt pressured to say yes.

Senior Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Was a temp, submitted my resume, was hired within a week. No reference checks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I came from out of state in 2005 for another job that didn't last. I was unemployed for a year, idle and broke. They offered me fair market value for my experience with no questions. I was stupid because I could have bargained for more but times and circumstances being what they were, I made a good deal.

Civil Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied to an online open position. Contacted by HR assistant and scheduled for a telephone interview and then a face to face interview

GIS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Santa Maria, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I submitted application online in August and was called by a hiring manager 3 weeks later. We scheduled a phone interview. I was interviewed via phone because I was applying for a relocation position so they accommodated the distance. Phone interview was with two senior team members. I was asked to come into the office a few days later and I came for an in person interview. I was asked to submit work examples. In person interview discussed short and long term goals but most questions were all covered in first interview. Interview process in total took 3 months in total and was considered "accelerated".

Interview Questions

• What are your short and long term goals with URS?   Answer Question
    • What experience have you had which will directly improve your work here?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in consulting before? Do you know about billability?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for higher salary and was granted. Negotiations took one week.

Administrative Assistant- Atlanta, GA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in May 2013 for an Administrative position. We set up a phone interview and it went really well. I did my research on the company and had really great questions to ask the Recruiter. She asked questions like had I heard of the company, did I know the type of services they provided, etc. She stated that it would take about two weeks to know whether or not they would like to move forward. Two months later, I was contacted by a HR Manager who scheduled an additional phone interview. When we talked, I could barely hear what she was saying because her dogs were barking. I was already prepared for the interview and I answered every question right on cue. A few days later, she called me in for a face to face interview. When I got there, she escorted me to her office. I had worked in the adjacent building so I was familiar with the area and structure of the architecture. Very nice area. However, the Recruiter seemed disoriented and was constantly interrupted by staff. She asked about three or four questions that asked to describe a situation where there was conflict that you had with a co-worker, how would you handle it? I told her over and over that I did not have conflicts in my office. It was all males and they didn't bother me. However, after that, she told me that three Admins had recently quit. This was a red flag. But, needless to say, this whole situation and the interview, etc., was a big disappointment.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle office conflicts? How did you handle conflicts with co-workers.   1 Answer

Engineer V Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation in June 2013.

Interview

Process started with an email screen from HR reaffirming minimum qualifications. A couple weeks later there was a phone screen with a supervising discipline engineer that covered basic work history and skills with no tough questions. A week or so later was an in-office interview that initially had about 5 people on the itinerary but only 3 were available at the time. These people included the department manager and a couple other discipline engineer manager types. The level of technical questioning from the section manager was higher than I expected as he went into detail about specific design applications and software. I was even questioned about which professors I had in college despite that being over 10 years ago. No behavioral questions. Everything went well. Unfortunately the position was put on hold shortly thereafter and it took another 5 months or so before it was posted again and offered the position. Being eager to take the job it seemed to require a lot of effort on my part to maintain contact with them over a long period of time in order to get in but I suppose it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• If you did not take a college course in this subject how are you qualified to do the work and understand what is going on? This requires a high level of proof to show your work history has sufficiently trained you in lieu of the coursework.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary offer was detailed to show at what percent of the median for that title based on skills and experience coming in. They seemed resistant to a counter offer but I tried anyways and was able to get 3% more.

Planning & Scheduling Analyst II Interview

Interview

Landing a phone interview is more about who you know than your credentials. Phone interview leads to in person interview with hiring manager and human resources manager. Negotiate your offer at least 5% because raises & promotions are slow your first year.

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Hunt Valley, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called within two days to schedule an interview by the end of the week (so they could finish the interviews for the opening). I interviewed for an Aviation Design position and Water Resources position in the Hunt Valley, MD office. I waited three weeks to be emailed that I was not selected for either position. Approximately one week later I was contacted and offered the Water Resources Engineer position. After negotiating with HR for a week, I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• Very different interview style, no formal questions were asked like a typical interview.   Answer Question

They did not want to budge on the salary, which was a significant cut, especially once I factored in other options I receive such as additional sick days, bonuses, cost of living adjustment, and annual raises with my current employer.

Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Two interviews - first by phone with IT Manager for that division. Then with hiring manager for the IT Department and Vice President of division in person. Small, cozy office. Kind employees all around. Informal interview based on my experience and my expectations of the job; they told me what the job entailed, salary and benefits, and that was it. About 30 mins or so.

Interview Questions

• None - they asked how I would rate myself on different MS Word programs. None of the usual 'throw me off my game' or 'pin me to the chair' questions many companies employ these days.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a contract so all salary and benefits are set -no negotiation is possible for government contracts.