URS Corporation Interview Questions in Norfolk, VA

2.6

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at URS Corporation (Norfolk, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was tailored towards basic troubleshooting and safety knowledge. Very open about what was expected from a worker, and the consequences for failing to following the 4790 maintenance manual.

Interview Questions

• How would a supervisor handle a conflict between workers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiating, but the good thing is that the company hires within, so getting qualified in an important aspect in ensuring that you have the right qualifications when a position does become available.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation (Norfolk, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Why did you choose to be a Mechanical Engineer?

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at URS Corporation (Norfolk, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Congregated in a warehouse and sat down to fill out applications. Then shuffled through interviewers as quickly as possible in a separate room. A bit of an uncomfortable experience. Not sure I would even apply at their company again. They were friendly, it just had a very unconventional feel to it.

Administrative/Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation (Norfolk, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by phone fairly quickly after completing the online application. From there, I had to complete another, more detailed online application. After that, I met with three people. Everyone was very pleasant and professional. The atmosphere was positive, and it seemed like a very nice place to work. Though one of the interviewers noted that they did not hire just for contracts, when I heard back (a different person - not someone with whom I had interviewed), I was only told that no one was hired because the contract was not awarded. The person who said this was very abrupt, so I didn't feel like I could ask for more information.

Interview Questions

• None. There were standard interview questions and questions that required specific detail about my previous work.   Answer Question

Finance/Contracting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation (Norfolk, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by phone a couple weeks after I put my application in. The HR representative was very kind and asked about my application and why I was interested in the company/position. After a very brief answer she asked me if I could schedule to come in for an interview in the next few days. I then went in for the interview which consisted of the people in the department I would be working with. It was a fairly easy interview where I was able to steer the conversation into my attributes and talk about my resume. They asked me questions about organizations that I am involved with and basically asked me to run down my resume. Also asked why I wanted to be an intern there, which is a pretty basic question. It was good to demonstrate knowledge about what the company does and ask questions that helped define what the companies culture was like and a better description of what I would be doing there. There were other candidates lined up to interview before and after mine, so make sure you try to stand out. Overall was a good atmosphere during the interview, I suggest answering their questions with a smile and being confident about your answers. About 2-3 weeks went by without me hearing anything, but got the offer.