URS Corporation, an AECOM company

URS Corporation, an AECOM company Environmental Scientist Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Environmental Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

I was turned down by the computer genereated reviewer. But then a week later I was contacted by a recruiter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter the following monday and by thursday of that same week I had and in-person interview. By friday (the next day) they were starting the background check. And they actually called all 3 of my references. In-person interview should have lasted an hour but I had many questions and last much longer. I thought this interview process went very quickly, not sure if this is standard for the company.

They offered to pay for relocation but if you are unsure about the job, do not take the relocation money. You will have to pay back if you do not stay at the company for longer than a year!

Other Interview Reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in May 2012.

The entire interview process took about 6 hours from start to finish. It was a series of 4 one-on-one 30 minute interviews, with a 30 minute presentation by HR regarding benefits, as well as a 30 minute presentation you gave to a small group (can vary between 6-12, depending on who can make it). This presentation can be about anything, and is designed as a way to evaluate your communication and speaking skills, ability to convey information, and simply a way to get to know you. I don't want to say it's informal, but it certainly wasn't completely rigid, either. I have to believe the closer you can align your presentation topic to your field of work, the better. After the presentation, I was taken out to lunch by two employees. This is an opportunity for them to get to know you, and also a great time to ask questions yourself. Everyone was really nice, and completely aware I was repeating myself a lot.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't an unexpected or difficult question. They were much more interested in getting to know me.   Answer Question
    Pretty minimal; they gave me a salary range, told me to pick a salary, and then they made a counteroffer, which I accepted. If given a range, I'd start out with an upper middle number, and then negotiate from there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in February 2007.

I did my first interview where I sat with a few employees and then went around and met everyone who worked with the group they were looking to hire for.
    My follow up interview was with a Project Manager and the Client. Pretty informal lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Being aka-Green how would you feel working for a client that is not always making the best decision for the environment.   Answer Question