URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.5

Vacation Trainee Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

I applied online for URS and the Hong Kong branch is interested in me. I received an e-mail about 1 week after application. An HR e-mailed me to gather some basic information like the major, graduation date, undergraduate degree. They then match me to a position in the group of air pollution.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Position was offered to me at a low end and negotiation were not optional. It took a total of 4 months from the first interview to the final interview.

none

Unix Administrative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

I transferred from one project to another. I worked at another site project for URS and then went to work at the new location based on a referral. The questions basically revolved around what the job was like and some questions about my experience, but I came highly recommended

quite easy and I we met in the midle

Transportation/Traffic Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

I was called in to do an interview. The interview was very straightforward. No tricky questions and didn't take too long. About two weeks later I got a call back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be part of out transportation team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Good interview process. I had an initial phone interview lasting about half an hour. These were fairly straightforward questions. My in-person interview was a panel of 6 employees, which was very intimidating to start with. I started my interview with the woman that would have been my direct supervisor, which lasted for about 15 mins. Then the whole panel came in and asked questions for about 45 mins. Everyone was very personable and friendly. Given a quick tour of the office after the interview and was sent home! They called my references the next day and I was given a great offer.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly very generic HR/behavioral questions "tell me about a time you..." and "are you willing to do..."   Answer Question

Decided to pursue other options. Still a great company and I imagine I would have been more than happy to work for them.

Project Manager Interview

I expected considerably more professionalism and consideration of more than a decade of experience in lieu of a formal degree for what is essentially, a field position. The interview questions did not accurately represent the job at hand and the interviewer was not approachable to address anything other than what her script reflected. The epitome of a HR being disconnected from the realities of the actual work performed by the company.

Interview Questions
    • Asking how to deal with sexual advances.   View Answer

IT Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

I was presented by an HR recruiter. Standard phone interview with the hiring manager followed bya 4 hour onsite interview with 4 people (one was a group of 3). Lunch with 3 managers.

Typical questions about my expertise and experience. Some technical questions, nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build momentum and acceptance for a new technology?   Answer Question
    The offer met my expectation.

Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Phone interview was quick and painless. Recruiter had prepared me for the areas to focus on for this particular role. the manager was far less experienced than I expected and was relatively new to the role at a few months - so they couldn't really answer the questions sufficiently.

Entry Level Chemist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in October 2014.

Standard interview questions. I handed them my resume at a University Career fair and they called me back for an interview regarding whether I qualified for any positions throughout the company. The recruiters hosted an info session the day before the interviews were held, where you could get 1:1 time with your interviewer before you interview.

Interview Questions
    • None. They asked the most basic of questions: What drives you? What are your future plans? Why would you want to work with us? etc.   Answer Question

Billing Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Two step process with current employees. I felt as if they already knew who they wanted but were going through the steps to make it seem fair. The interview went well, I felt very positive, received both the one on one interview and the panel interview, yet did not receive the job. Asked later for pointers on how to improve interview next or for feedback that would help me to avoid any danger areas that I may have stumbled into, never received follow-up.