URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.5

Training Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in February 2009.

a normal process conducted

Interview Questions
    • Give example of a diffecult situation you had to deal with?   Answer Question
    • What are your major weaknesses in your current role?   Answer Question

Ooerations Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in May 2010.

Group introductions and individual interview with walk through.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have in evaluating operations processes?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in August 2010.

Group interview.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in September 2012.

Phone interview with outside recruiter last approx 90 minutes. Also completed written questions about my experience and future goals.

Interview Questions
    • What is more important to you responsibility or money?   Answer Question

Did not seem like a good fit. Leadership could not articulate clear vision for this position and its contribution to the success of the overall company.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in June 2009.

Brought in by a recruiter. Met controller/director for first interview, then came back for second interview with the Senior VP. Offer was made through recruiter a couple days later. The initial offer was good, but short of my desired salary. The recruiter was able to negotiate the higher salary. I suggest that you set work hour expectations up front as they will consider flexible schedules.

Interview Questions
    • How did I previously handle poor performing employees. And do I prefer to retrain or fire them.   View Answer
    Ask for more, if they want you they will go up.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in May 2014.

The interview was tailored towards basic troubleshooting and safety knowledge. Very open about what was expected from a worker, and the consequences for failing to following the 4790 maintenance manual.

Interview Questions
    • How would a supervisor handle a conflict between workers?   View Answer
    there was no negotiating, but the good thing is that the company hires within, so getting qualified in an important aspect in ensuring that you have the right qualifications when a position does become available.

Maintenance Reliability Planner Scheduler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in October 2013.

1st phone: Preliminary HR type interview on background.(20 Minutes) 2nd Phone Interview with 2 technical experts to assess my depth of knowledge and field experience (45 Minutes to 1 hour). 3rd. In person meeting with the site manager, answering many questions on varied scenario 2 hours long, the 4th interview was with representatives of the customer company, "Meet and Greet to see if the customer might have any objections to me.

Interview Questions
    • Age related, as I am a senior adult. Their concern was retirement related and concern that my attention wouldn't be company focused enough.   View Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in January 2014.

First step was a phone interview that lasted an hour and consisted of medium difficulty questions about your current job and what you do in specific details. I Felt good afterwards and I got an invite to an onsite interview the following Monday.

Next was an onsite with the manager and we went over the same topics from the phone interview which was very easy until the director came in. The directors overall demeanor was completely opposite of the manager's which was difficult for me to quickly adapt to. His questions came fast compared to the managers conversational interview style. I quickly got nervous and found it difficult to answer his questions the way I was trained to answer interview questions. To pass this round of interviewing you must be very confident and an excellent interviewer or you will not stand a chance here.

I didn't receive an offer or a response after my thank you letter.

Interview Questions
    • what would your current managers say about you?   View Answer

IT Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

I was presented by an HR recruiter. Standard phone interview with the hiring manager followed bya 4 hour onsite interview with 4 people (one was a group of 3). Lunch with 3 managers.

Typical questions about my expertise and experience. Some technical questions, nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build momentum and acceptance for a new technology?   Answer Question
    The offer met my expectation.

Transportation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in June 2014.

Great interview with highly talented group. Had a positive interview that made me want to join team. Unfortunately relocation and merger with AECOM complicated the process. Once the merger is complete I expect this to create a superstar in Transportation Engineering.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how I deal with conflict management. Great question!   Answer Question