URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.5

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Good interview process. I had an initial phone interview lasting about half an hour. These were fairly straightforward questions. My in-person interview was a panel of 6 employees, which was very intimidating to start with. I started my interview with the woman that would have been my direct supervisor, which lasted for about 15 mins. Then the whole panel came in and asked questions for about 45 mins. Everyone was very personable and friendly. Given a quick tour of the office after the interview and was sent home! They called my references the next day and I was given a great offer.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly very generic HR/behavioral questions "tell me about a time you..." and "are you willing to do..."   Answer Question

Decided to pursue other options. Still a great company and I imagine I would have been more than happy to work for them.

Project Manager Interview

I expected considerably more professionalism and consideration of more than a decade of experience in lieu of a formal degree for what is essentially, a field position. The interview questions did not accurately represent the job at hand and the interviewer was not approachable to address anything other than what her script reflected. The epitome of a HR being disconnected from the realities of the actual work performed by the company.

Interview Questions
    • Asking how to deal with sexual advances.   View Answer

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in January 2013.

Congregated in a warehouse and sat down to fill out applications. Then shuffled through interviewers as quickly as possible in a separate room. A bit of an uncomfortable experience. Not sure I would even apply at their company again. They were friendly, it just had a very unconventional feel to it.

IT Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

I was presented by an HR recruiter. Standard phone interview with the hiring manager followed bya 4 hour onsite interview with 4 people (one was a group of 3). Lunch with 3 managers.

Typical questions about my expertise and experience. Some technical questions, nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build momentum and acceptance for a new technology?   Answer Question
    The offer met my expectation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in October 2013.

I was rehired using a telephone and web-based application process. I had been laid off the previous year and a client requested that I be rehired to work on a project. So the local office cooperated and expedited the hiring process because I was needed immediately on the project.

Interview Questions
    • None - they had already decided to hire me. There really was not an interview. I just filled out the web application and attached my resume.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I was hired back as a temporary at my old salary w/o benefits .

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

There was not an actual interview. Applied online for an overseas job and there was only email traffic regarding available dates and paperwork. There was an immediate need to fill the position and as long as I passed the necessary medical exams I was hired. It seemed sort of sketchy considering that nobody needed to talk to me about anything. They never really gave much information on the project either.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in January 2014.

First step was a phone interview that lasted an hour and consisted of medium difficulty questions about your current job and what you do in specific details. I Felt good afterwards and I got an invite to an onsite interview the following Monday.

Next was an onsite with the manager and we went over the same topics from the phone interview which was very easy until the director came in. The directors overall demeanor was completely opposite of the manager's which was difficult for me to quickly adapt to. His questions came fast compared to the managers conversational interview style. I quickly got nervous and found it difficult to answer his questions the way I was trained to answer interview questions. To pass this round of interviewing you must be very confident and an excellent interviewer or you will not stand a chance here.

I didn't receive an offer or a response after my thank you letter.

Interview Questions
    • what would your current managers say about you?   View Answer

Maintenance Reliability Planner Scheduler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in October 2013.

1st phone: Preliminary HR type interview on background.(20 Minutes) 2nd Phone Interview with 2 technical experts to assess my depth of knowledge and field experience (45 Minutes to 1 hour). 3rd. In person meeting with the site manager, answering many questions on varied scenario 2 hours long, the 4th interview was with representatives of the customer company, "Meet and Greet to see if the customer might have any objections to me.

Interview Questions
    • Age related, as I am a senior adult. Their concern was retirement related and concern that my attention wouldn't be company focused enough.   View Answer

Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Phone interview was quick and painless. Recruiter had prepared me for the areas to focus on for this particular role. the manager was far less experienced than I expected and was relatively new to the role at a few months - so they couldn't really answer the questions sufficiently.

Environmental Engineer/Specialist (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in January 2014.

The interview process was ridiculous in Cleveland, most likely because of a specific individual in my case. I interviewed 4 times for the same position, and 3 of the 4 interviews were with the same individuals. This was an entry level job mind you. I had to take days off work because the commute was so far, and I felt like each experience was just a repeat of the last. Cost me over 200 in gas and almost 40 dollars in parking passes, not to mention the day(s) salary I lost coming to interview each time. How many times does one have to interview for the same job in Cleveland? Especially an entry level position. Even after the 4th interview salary was never even discussed.

I was offered the job, accepted, and then put in my two weeks notice with my current employer. The individual who drug out the interview process was also the same person to call me and retract the offer AFTER he knew I had put in my two weeks notice with my current employer. There was no legitimate reason for the rescinded offer (nothing in my background check, nothing in my work history, etc.) nothing that would draw a red flag. The person withdrew the offer for no legitimate reason (other than personal reasons) and caused my current unemployment. Anybody out there looking for an environmental job?.....Please do yourself a favor and don't wast your time at this location, until this one specific individual quits or gets fired.