URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.5

EIT Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Interviewed by 9 different people of different rankings. They wanted asked my career goals and about my school curriculum. I had to give a 15 min technical presentation before lunch. The interview process seemed overwhelming at first but I realized it was more relaxed and a way for me to get a full picture on the range of tasks the office does.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked by 9 different people to ask questions. It was difficult to keep finding new things to ask questions on.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Got a call from HR to come to interview with project manager. Another day interview with vice president.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging political situation that has happened to you in your career?   Answer Question
    • What did your previous boss best and worst?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

HR communication was terrible. Took forever to get an offer. I found out that many people were leaving. Revolving door of employees. Not a good explanation of the position vs. what it was when I worked there. The group was dysfunctional and needed lots of work. Management was not too interested in that.

Interview Questions
    Ask for money up front because raises are not good. Raises did not meet cost of living. Benefits were very expensive. Seems like the burden is shifted to the employee to minimize cost to the company. Noticed the morale was very low after I started working there as employees were unhappy about raises after the division did well the previous year.

Entry-Level Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in March 2013.

I had a first informal lunch meeting with two employees who told me more about URS and the position available. This allowed them to get to know me on a personal level and to see if I was interested in the job. After a couple of weeks, I was called in for an on-site interview in which I would be interviewed by several personnel of the office that was hiring. This interview took all day and consisted of a technical presentation. The presentation could be of previous research or work and there was a short Q&A. The people at URS were very friendly and I enjoyed speaking to many of the employees

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. They just asked you typical questions to get to know you better.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in March 2013.

I was contacted for an interview two weeks after submitting my resume and application.
    The interviewer was very pleasant, outlined the job carefully, interacted with me very well. He allowed me to meet with the person who previously held the position for a better perspective. The offices are beautiful, and the expectations of the position were covered well.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle the situation if I was on a hard deadline and someone I support brought a project to me to be placed ahead of what I was working on.   View Answer

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

I had a phone interview for an entry level electrical engineer position at the Denver, CO office. I got a call notifying me of the interview only 3 hours before they would call. So there was little time to research the company and position. The interviewers were very uptight and had a hard time trying to break the ice. They seemed like they wanted someone local.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in February 2013.

I was referred by a former employee. I presented a top tier resume package for the positions I was interested in, had productive screening conversations with HR and Sr. Management, had excellent interviews, and a couple weeks later received a job offer. I compared the total package with the other offers I had received, and chose to go with URS based on diversity of market, future growth potential, stability and reputation.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to help us maintain the schedule of this project given x,y,z occurs?   Answer Question
    Simple. I knew my market value, and I knew what the company's perks were. I had great interviews, so I basically named my salary.

Project Administrator Interview

interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in February 2013.

The entire process consisted of two interviews: the first one with the actual hiring manager, and the second one with the team, which included other project administrators and an HR person.
    I had a very positive experience with this company, and both interviews went well. Everyone from the hiring manager, to every team member and a front desk person were all very nice, and conducted themselves cordially and professionally at all times. I believe they gave everyone a fair shot at the job, an inference I am making based on intuition.

There weren't any difficult questions, and most were not of behavioral in nature, i.e. tell me about a time when... The second interview consisted of questions that each team member had developed on their own. Thus, each interview will probably be entirely different. It was about 3 weeks from my first interview until a decision was made regarding a candidate.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in January 2013.

Congregated in a warehouse and sat down to fill out applications. Then shuffled through interviewers as quickly as possible in a separate room. A bit of an uncomfortable experience. Not sure I would even apply at their company again. They were friendly, it just had a very unconventional feel to it.

Invoice Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in December 2012.

One interview. Great people, atmosphere, and benefits. Everything went smoothly from the interview to the hiring process, and new hire orientation. I enjoyed working for URS very much.