URS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Invoice Specialist Interview

Invoice Specialist
Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at URS in December 2012.

Interview Details – One interview. Great people, atmosphere, and benefits. Everything went smoothly from the interview to the hiring process, and new hire orientation. I enjoyed working for URS very much.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

IT Support

Interviewed at URS

Interview Details – Haring was a lengthy process. There were two sets of interviews and the decision took several weeks. The interviews were conducted by several members of the team and were fairly routine.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Scheduler Interview

Scheduler
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at URS in August 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter to inquire interest. Two face to face interviews and then an offer was sent.

Interview Question – Nothings out of the ordinary. Mostly technical questions about scheduling and the software being used.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't really work one since the offer seemed very competitve.

Very Easy Interview

Civil Designer Interview

Civil Designer
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at URS in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was non caring like it was a waste of time. I showed up dressed professionally tie dress clothes and the staff is wearing blue jeans t-shirts / swart shirts. I am a Sr. Civil CADD Designer older in age and the people interviewing me were kids and they had Senior Titles with only five to seven years of work experience. Really ...

Interview Question – There was no tough questions just simple talk   View Answer

Instrumentation & Controls Engineer I Interview

Instrumentation & Controls Engineer I
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at URS in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, and received an email asking me to fill out an email questionnaire within 48 hours. Then a month later got a call from HR asking me if I could interview the next day.
I came in and met with the hiring manager and a Sr Engineer. Once they found out my major and confirmed that I did an internship there, they were both very friendly. It lasted for about 30 min and the Sr Engineer mostly talked about what the job would be like. Then the hiring manager asked me if I had spoken to HR about benefits yet. I said no, and he rang them up, then escorted me downstairs. HR lady gave me a 45 min presentation on everything.
I was pretty sure I was getting hired.
BUT, never heard from them again, even after calling back and emailing every 2 weeks.
Same job was posted 3 months later.
Very unprofessional

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, they just asked about my experience working for/interning for the company and how I liked it   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – HR communication was terrible. Took forever to get an offer. I found out that many people were leaving. Revolving door of employees. Not a good explanation of the position vs. what it was when I worked there. The group was dysfunctional and needed lots of work. Management was not too interested in that.

Interview Question – None that I can remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for money up front because raises are not good. Raises did not meet cost of living. Benefits were very expensive. Seems like the burden is shifted to the employee to minimize cost to the company. Noticed the morale was very low after I started working there as employees were unhappy about raises after the division did well the previous year.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Electrical Engineer I
Denver, CO

I applied online and interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview for an entry level electrical engineer position at the Denver, CO office. I got a call notifying me of the interview only 3 hours before they would call. So there was little time to research the company and position. The interviewers were very uptight and had a hard time trying to break the ice. They seemed like they wanted someone local.

Interview Question – Why do you want to live in Colorado?   View Answer

Multiple Interview

Multiple
Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at URS in May 2012.

Interview Details – I have now interviewed 3 times with this company for 2 positions in 2 offices in my area. For the first, I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview, then contacted for an in person interview. Had to fill out their form with all of my resume information a couple days ahead of time, then had the interview. Interviewer said that the HR person would contact me in the next week to get an overview of the benefits. HR did not call, so I contacted person with whom I interviewed. I received an apology and was told that they wanted me to interview with 2 project managers about a particular position on a project. That interview happened approximately 2 weeks later. At that time, I also met with the HR person regarding benefits. After 2 weeks of hearing nothing, I called the HR person with whom I met (who did not call me back), and emailed the HR person who originally contacted me 6-8 weeks previous. After a couple days, I was informed that the positions for which I was being considered were on hold as the projects were pushed to Q1, Q2 2013.

However, the positions are still showing up as advertised.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Worked for URS? Contribute to the Community!