URS

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Environmental Scientist

I applied online and interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – I was turned down by the computer genereated reviewer. But then a week later I was contacted by a recruiter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter the following monday and by thursday of that same week I had and in-person interview. By friday (the next day) they were starting the background check. And they actually called all 3 of my references. In-person interview should have lasted an hour but I had many questions and last much longer. I thought this interview process went very quickly, not sure if this is standard for the company.

Negotiation Details – They offered to pay for relocation but if you are unsure about the job, do not take the relocation money. You will have to pay back if you do not stay at the company for longer than a year!

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at URS in May 2012.

Interview Details – The entire interview process took about 6 hours from start to finish. It was a series of 4 one-on-one 30 minute interviews, with a 30 minute presentation by HR regarding benefits, as well as a 30 minute presentation you gave to a small group (can vary between 6-12, depending on who can make it). This presentation can be about anything, and is designed as a way to evaluate your communication and speaking skills, ability to convey information, and simply a way to get to know you. I don't want to say it's informal, but it certainly wasn't completely rigid, either. I have to believe the closer you can align your presentation topic to your field of work, the better. After the presentation, I was taken out to lunch by two employees. This is an opportunity for them to get to know you, and also a great time to ask questions yourself. Everyone was really nice, and completely aware I was repeating myself a lot.

Interview Question – There really wasn't an unexpected or difficult question. They were much more interested in getting to know me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty minimal; they gave me a salary range, told me to pick a salary, and then they made a counteroffer, which I accepted. If given a range, I'd start out with an upper middle number, and then negotiate from there.

Dublin, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in February 2007.

Interview Details – I did my first interview where I sat with a few employees and then went around and met everyone who worked with the group they were looking to hire for.
My follow up interview was with a Project Manager and the Client. Pretty informal lunch.

Interview Question – Being aka-Green how would you feel working for a client that is not always making the best decision for the environment.   Answer Question

Worked for URS? Contribute to the Community!