URS

IT Support Interview

IT Support
Denver, CO

Interviewed at URS

Interview Details – Haring was a lengthy process. There were two sets of interviews and the decision took several weeks. The interviews were conducted by several members of the team and were fairly routine.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Piping Design Interview

Piping Design

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy and relaxed. Spoke with a human resources rep. for a while then two different managers within the group I was interviewing for. There were not any gotcha type questions. We chatted for about 30-45 minutes and that was it. Got a call on my way home offering me the position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really, they ofered what I was asking for.

Very Easy Interview

IT Coordinator/Desktop Support Technician Interview

IT Coordinator/Desktop Support Technician
Cleveland, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at URS in January 2011.

Interview Details – I first received contact a week or two after first applying. The interview was performed by my direct manager and someone from HR. My position was through a staffing agency at the time and I only had 1 phone interview before I was hired. The process went quickly and I started within 2-3 weeks of my interview. I only briefly spoke to someone from the staffing agency during my entire 2 years of being contacted through them.

The process was fairly typical... "Tell me about a time you had to handle conflict..." "What are your strengths and weaknesses", etc... IT-wise, I was asked 5 very simple questions that most anyone in IT should know.... "Name at least 2 different methods of opening a command prompt", "What is an IP address starting with 169.254.x.x mean?", "Name some tools and methods to remove viruses", etc... Nothing difficult.

Interview Question – There really wasn't much to it...   Answer Question

Air Quality Specialist Interview

Air Quality Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – They asked me basic interview question and say i'm quiet fit in this position, but they cant offer me H1B visa, so they cannot hire me. But they do gave me good advices about how to apply to job in the future.

Interview Question – They asked me basic interview question   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

Interviewed at URS

Interview Details – Applied on-line, received a call a few days later, asking about my qualifications. Not sure if my resume submitted was actually read. A month later I receive another phone call to schedule a phone interview. Had a phone interview two days later. The recruiter knew nothing about the position I applied for. I was asked if I had plans to get an advanced degree. My response was is it required for the position? No it's not required was the reply, not sure why that would be a question during an initial phone screen. Received notice a few days later the position was cancelled. Pretty unprofessional experience, not impressed with this company.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – I applied online and hiring manager called me after several months.
the process took 1 week / Interviewed on the phone and took less than 30 minutes / Walk me through my resume.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at URS in January 2011.

Interview Details – Personal interview with prospective manager and was offered the job immediately. Manager was very intelligent and professional. The interview did not go on very long or was detailed because I was already qualified for the position and the manager was extremely pleased with the employee who referred me. Overall, the manager was great - I just wish they had more power so they could have helped me negotiate a better salary when they were promoting me but upper management has their own way of doing things and they lost a dedicated employee because of that rigid culture.

Interview Question – Unexpected at how informal the interview went - but the manager already knew about my qualifications from one of his current employees   Answer Question

Graduate Water/Wastewater Engineer Interview

Graduate Water/Wastewater Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at URS in March 2014.

Interview Details – 2 month process - applied online and then had a follow up in an email after which I got an interview. The interviewer asked me several technical questions and they were a little unexpected.

Interview Question – Did the amount of work you put in reflect on your GPA?   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Aircraft Mechanic
Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at URS in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was tailored towards basic troubleshooting and safety knowledge. Very open about what was expected from a worker, and the consequences for failing to following the 4790 maintenance manual.

Interview Question – How would a supervisor handle a conflict between workers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiating, but the good thing is that the company hires within, so getting qualified in an important aspect in ensuring that you have the right qualifications when a position does become available.

Aircraft Mechanic Lll Interview

Aircraft Mechanic Lll
Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at URS in February 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very easy, Phone interviewed and all went well. Manager explained job and how I would be of benefit to the company. Salary and benefits were discussed and agreed upon. felt offer was good and accepted posistion.

Interview Question – Felt that questions were fair and not unexpected   Answer Question

Worked for URS? Contribute to the Community!