URS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.5

Air Quality Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at URS.

They asked me basic interview question and say i'm quiet fit in this position, but they cant offer me H1B visa, so they cannot hire me. But they do gave me good advices about how to apply to job in the future.

Project Engineer Interview

Applied on-line, received a call a few days later, asking about my qualifications. Not sure if my resume submitted was actually read. A month later I receive another phone call to schedule a phone interview. Had a phone interview two days later. The recruiter knew nothing about the position I applied for. I was asked if I had plans to get an advanced degree. My response was is it required for the position? No it's not required was the reply, not sure why that would be a question during an initial phone screen. Received notice a few days later the position was cancelled. Pretty unprofessional experience, not impressed with this company.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS.

I applied online and hiring manager called me after several months.
    the process took 1 week / Interviewed on the phone and took less than 30 minutes / Walk me through my resume.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at URS in January 2011.

Personal interview with prospective manager and was offered the job immediately. Manager was very intelligent and professional. The interview did not go on very long or was detailed because I was already qualified for the position and the manager was extremely pleased with the employee who referred me. Overall, the manager was great - I just wish they had more power so they could have helped me negotiate a better salary when they were promoting me but upper management has their own way of doing things and they lost a dedicated employee because of that rigid culture.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected at how informal the interview went - but the manager already knew about my qualifications from one of his current employees   Answer Question

Graduate Water/Wastewater Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at URS in March 2014.

2 month process - applied online and then had a follow up in an email after which I got an interview. The interviewer asked me several technical questions and they were a little unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Did the amount of work you put in reflect on your GPA?   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at URS in May 2014.

The interview was tailored towards basic troubleshooting and safety knowledge. Very open about what was expected from a worker, and the consequences for failing to following the 4790 maintenance manual.

Interview Questions
    • How would a supervisor handle a conflict between workers?   View Answer
    there was no negotiating, but the good thing is that the company hires within, so getting qualified in an important aspect in ensuring that you have the right qualifications when a position does become available.

Aircraft Mechanic Lll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at URS in February 2012.

Hiring process was very easy, Phone interviewed and all went well. Manager explained job and how I would be of benefit to the company. Salary and benefits were discussed and agreed upon. felt offer was good and accepted posistion.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in April 2014.

Why did you choose to be a Mechanical Engineer?

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at URS.

Very forward and clear about the job position and salary.

Senior Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at URS.

Two interviews. Possible the best interviews I have ever been on.