URS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Scheduler Interview

Scheduler
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at URS in August 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter to inquire interest. Two face to face interviews and then an offer was sent.

Interview Question – Nothings out of the ordinary. Mostly technical questions about scheduling and the software being used.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't really work one since the offer seemed very competitve.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Houston, TX

I interviewed at URS in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the Office Manager, Vice President of Project and Vice President of Sales. Was brought on as Temp to Hire and was ask to come on board after three months.

Interview Question – Tell me about your biggest fault and what you do to improve it.   Answer Question

Estimator Interview

Estimator
San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at URS in July 2009.

Interview Details – This was an easy job to obtain. I did not apply to URS for a job. They found my resume on the internet and contacted me, really interested in me. I went for an interview with the VP and one other person related to my position. They basically sold me on the job, made me an offer and asked when I could start.

Construction Inspector/CMR Interview

Construction Inspector/CMR
Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – Hiring process was straight forward. Interviews were pleasant and didn't feel like there were any 'gotcha questions'

Interview Question – Don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The contract was already set up and compensation and benefits were already in place. Being new to URS at that time, I felt the compensation was adequate for the position I held

Cost Analyst Interview

Cost Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at URS in January 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty simple. Had friend submit my resume to the HR. Went in and interviewed, initial interview was a bout an hour. Went back for a second interview, interviewed with the heads of three different SBUs, we talked about my background, my skills, the vision and ethics of the company and a short four hours later I was hired.

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Water Resources Engineer
Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initially the interview included a phone screen from the hiring manager and the human resources personnel. The next round included a face to face interview with the hiring manager. The third round included interview with 4-5 engineers from the group including other managers.

Interview Question – I was never really asked a difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward. I asked for 4% more than what I was offered and they obliged.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – First phone call with some basic question

Interview Question – all basic online interview question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they offer very low salary

Senior Inspector Interview

Senior Inspector

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – Usually first you get interviewed by the client. If the client likes you then URS HIRES

CAD TECH ( Junior ) Interview

CAD TECH ( Junior )

Interviewed at URS

Interview Details – Was initially turned down in ONLY interview.

Interview Question – Describe best and worst work related issues.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Telecommunications Analyst Interview

Telecommunications Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – Came over from Apptis, so no interview. Did a lot of hiring for Apptis, so the question most asked was, "with your experiences, what can you bring to the table in filling this position"?

Interview Question – Came over from Apptis, so no interview. Did a lot of hiring for Apptis, so the question most asked was, "with your experiences, what can you bring to the table in filling this position"?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at URS