URS Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
152 interviews

2.5

Engineer V Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at URS in June 2013.

Process started with an email screen from HR reaffirming minimum qualifications. A couple weeks later there was a phone screen with a supervising discipline engineer that covered basic work history and skills with no tough questions. A week or so later was an in-office interview that initially had about 5 people on the itinerary but only 3 were available at the time. These people included the department manager and a couple other discipline engineer manager types. The level of technical questioning from the section manager was higher than I expected as he went into detail about specific design applications and software. I was even questioned about which professors I had in college despite that being over 10 years ago. No behavioral questions. Everything went well. Unfortunately the position was put on hold shortly thereafter and it took another 5 months or so before it was posted again and offered the position. Being eager to take the job it seemed to require a lot of effort on my part to maintain contact with them over a long period of time in order to get in but I suppose it was worth it.

Interview Questions
    • If you did not take a college course in this subject how are you qualified to do the work and understand what is going on? This requires a high level of proof to show your work history has sufficiently trained you in lieu of the coursework.   Answer Question
    The salary offer was detailed to show at what percent of the median for that title based on skills and experience coming in. They seemed resistant to a counter offer but I tried anyways and was able to get 3% more.

Helpdesk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Belvoir, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at URS in October 2009.

Didn't interview with URS, was an employee before they obtained the contract

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at URS in October 2010.

Applied through College website.
    1st Round Interview in Herndon, VA (get to know you questions)
    2nd Round Interview was a project presentation to demonstrate your abilities - you pick the topic (didn't attend due to another job offer)

Scheduling Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at URS in November 2013.

First got an email asking for more information. Then had a phone interview and a week later was scheduled for face to face interview.

Technical Writer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at URS in April 2011.

Phone interview, including a short knowledge test.

No negotiation.

Environmental Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS.

Panel interview with specific questions concerning environmental permitting, sampling, and testing.

Not much negotiation

Graduate Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in October 2013.

I had an interview in october 2013. They had very straight forward question regarding my experience with softwares required for the position

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at URS in August 2012.

Contacted by recruiter to inquire interest. Two face to face interviews and then an offer was sent.

Interview Questions
    • Nothings out of the ordinary. Mostly technical questions about scheduling and the software being used.   Answer Question
    Didn't really work one since the offer seemed very competitve.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at URS in February 2009.

Interviewed with the Office Manager, Vice President of Project and Vice President of Sales. Was brought on as Temp to Hire and was ask to come on board after three months.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your biggest fault and what you do to improve it.   Answer Question

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 days - interviewed at URS in July 2009.

This was an easy job to obtain. I did not apply to URS for a job. They found my resume on the internet and contacted me, really interested in me. I went for an interview with the VP and one other person related to my position. They basically sold me on the job, made me an offer and asked when I could start.