URS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – HR phone screen, then group interview, then one on one interview, then drug screen.
Yes, for a marketing position.

Negotiation Details – Too many people involved in the negotiation phase. I felt pressured to say yes.

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a former employee. I presented a top tier resume package for the positions I was interested in, had productive screening conversations with HR and Sr. Management, had excellent interviews, and a couple weeks later received a job offer. I compared the total package with the other offers I had received, and chose to go with URS based on diversity of market, future growth potential, stability and reputation.

Interview Question – What would you do to help us maintain the schedule of this project given x,y,z occurs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. I knew my market value, and I knew what the company's perks were. I had great interviews, so I basically named my salary.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Planner Interview

Senior Planner

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – Was a temp, submitted my resume, was hired within a week. No reference checks.

Interview Question – Can you start today?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I came from out of state in 2005 for another job that didn't last. I was unemployed for a year, idle and broke. They offered me fair market value for my experience with no questions. I was stupid because I could have bargained for more but times and circumstances being what they were, I made a good deal.

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer

Interviewed at URS

Interview Details – Applied to an online open position. Contacted by HR assistant and scheduled for a telephone interview and then a face to face interview

Interview Question – How much salary you are looking for   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant- Atlanta, GA Interview

Administrative Assistant- Atlanta, GA
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter in May 2013 for an Administrative position. We set up a phone interview and it went really well. I did my research on the company and had really great questions to ask the Recruiter. She asked questions like had I heard of the company, did I know the type of services they provided, etc. She stated that it would take about two weeks to know whether or not they would like to move forward. Two months later, I was contacted by a HR Manager who scheduled an additional phone interview. When we talked, I could barely hear what she was saying because her dogs were barking. I was already prepared for the interview and I answered every question right on cue. A few days later, she called me in for a face to face interview. When I got there, she escorted me to her office. I had worked in the adjacent building so I was familiar with the area and structure of the architecture. Very nice area. However, the Recruiter seemed disoriented and was constantly interrupted by staff. She asked about three or four questions that asked to describe a situation where there was conflict that you had with a co-worker, how would you handle it? I told her over and over that I did not have conflicts in my office. It was all males and they didn't bother me. However, after that, she told me that three Admins had recently quit. This was a red flag. But, needless to say, this whole situation and the interview, etc., was a big disappointment.

Interview Question – How did you handle office conflicts? How did you handle conflicts with co-workers.   View Answer

Legal Interview

Legal
Aiken, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at URS in September 2012.

Interview Details – Greatest weakness and greatest Strength questions. Standard Interview Questions. Asked about interest in the position and past work experience.

Talked about the office atmosphere. Did not discuss the specifics of the position.

Interview Question – Why do you want to live here?   Answer Question

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Water Resources Engineer
Hunt Valley, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called within two days to schedule an interview by the end of the week (so they could finish the interviews for the opening). I interviewed for an Aviation Design position and Water Resources position in the Hunt Valley, MD office. I waited three weeks to be emailed that I was not selected for either position. Approximately one week later I was contacted and offered the Water Resources Engineer position. After negotiating with HR for a week, I declined the offer.

Interview Question – Very different interview style, no formal questions were asked like a typical interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They did not want to budge on the salary, which was a significant cut, especially once I factored in other options I receive such as additional sick days, bonuses, cost of living adjustment, and annual raises with my current employer.

Entry-Level Scientist Interview

Entry-Level Scientist
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at URS in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had a first informal lunch meeting with two employees who told me more about URS and the position available. This allowed them to get to know me on a personal level and to see if I was interested in the job. After a couple of weeks, I was called in for an on-site interview in which I would be interviewed by several personnel of the office that was hiring. This interview took all day and consisted of a technical presentation. The presentation could be of previous research or work and there was a short Q&A. The people at URS were very friendly and I enjoyed speaking to many of the employees

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. They just asked you typical questions to get to know you better.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Civil Designer Interview

Civil Designer
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at URS in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was non caring like it was a waste of time. I showed up dressed professionally tie dress clothes and the staff is wearing blue jeans t-shirts / swart shirts. I am a Sr. Civil CADD Designer older in age and the people interviewing me were kids and they had Senior Titles with only five to seven years of work experience. Really ...

Interview Question – There was no tough questions just simple talk   View Answer

Planning & Scheduling Analyst II Interview

Planning & Scheduling Analyst II

Interviewed at URS

Interview Details – Landing a phone interview is more about who you know than your credentials. Phone interview leads to in person interview with hiring manager and human resources manager. Negotiate your offer at least 5% because raises & promotions are slow your first year.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for URS?   Answer Question