URS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant- Atlanta, GA Interview

Administrative Assistant- Atlanta, GA
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter in May 2013 for an Administrative position. We set up a phone interview and it went really well. I did my research on the company and had really great questions to ask the Recruiter. She asked questions like had I heard of the company, did I know the type of services they provided, etc. She stated that it would take about two weeks to know whether or not they would like to move forward. Two months later, I was contacted by a HR Manager who scheduled an additional phone interview. When we talked, I could barely hear what she was saying because her dogs were barking. I was already prepared for the interview and I answered every question right on cue. A few days later, she called me in for a face to face interview. When I got there, she escorted me to her office. I had worked in the adjacent building so I was familiar with the area and structure of the architecture. Very nice area. However, the Recruiter seemed disoriented and was constantly interrupted by staff. She asked about three or four questions that asked to describe a situation where there was conflict that you had with a co-worker, how would you handle it? I told her over and over that I did not have conflicts in my office. It was all males and they didn't bother me. However, after that, she told me that three Admins had recently quit. This was a red flag. But, needless to say, this whole situation and the interview, etc., was a big disappointment.

Interview Question – How did you handle office conflicts? How did you handle conflicts with co-workers.   View Answer

Legal Interview

Legal
Aiken, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at URS in September 2012.

Interview Details – Greatest weakness and greatest Strength questions. Standard Interview Questions. Asked about interest in the position and past work experience.

Talked about the office atmosphere. Did not discuss the specifics of the position.

Interview Question – Why do you want to live here?   Answer Question

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Water Resources Engineer
Hunt Valley, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called within two days to schedule an interview by the end of the week (so they could finish the interviews for the opening). I interviewed for an Aviation Design position and Water Resources position in the Hunt Valley, MD office. I waited three weeks to be emailed that I was not selected for either position. Approximately one week later I was contacted and offered the Water Resources Engineer position. After negotiating with HR for a week, I declined the offer.

Interview Question – Very different interview style, no formal questions were asked like a typical interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They did not want to budge on the salary, which was a significant cut, especially once I factored in other options I receive such as additional sick days, bonuses, cost of living adjustment, and annual raises with my current employer.

Entry-Level Scientist Interview

Entry-Level Scientist
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at URS in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had a first informal lunch meeting with two employees who told me more about URS and the position available. This allowed them to get to know me on a personal level and to see if I was interested in the job. After a couple of weeks, I was called in for an on-site interview in which I would be interviewed by several personnel of the office that was hiring. This interview took all day and consisted of a technical presentation. The presentation could be of previous research or work and there was a short Q&A. The people at URS were very friendly and I enjoyed speaking to many of the employees

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. They just asked you typical questions to get to know you better.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Civil Designer Interview

Civil Designer
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at URS in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was non caring like it was a waste of time. I showed up dressed professionally tie dress clothes and the staff is wearing blue jeans t-shirts / swart shirts. I am a Sr. Civil CADD Designer older in age and the people interviewing me were kids and they had Senior Titles with only five to seven years of work experience. Really ...

Interview Question – There was no tough questions just simple talk   View Answer

Planning & Scheduling Analyst II Interview

Planning & Scheduling Analyst II

Interviewed at URS

Interview Details – Landing a phone interview is more about who you know than your credentials. Phone interview leads to in person interview with hiring manager and human resources manager. Negotiate your offer at least 5% because raises & promotions are slow your first year.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for URS?   Answer Question

Instrumentation & Controls Engineer I Interview

Instrumentation & Controls Engineer I
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at URS in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, and received an email asking me to fill out an email questionnaire within 48 hours. Then a month later got a call from HR asking me if I could interview the next day.
I came in and met with the hiring manager and a Sr Engineer. Once they found out my major and confirmed that I did an internship there, they were both very friendly. It lasted for about 30 min and the Sr Engineer mostly talked about what the job would be like. Then the hiring manager asked me if I had spoken to HR about benefits yet. I said no, and he rang them up, then escorted me downstairs. HR lady gave me a 45 min presentation on everything.
I was pretty sure I was getting hired.
BUT, never heard from them again, even after calling back and emailing every 2 weeks.
Same job was posted 3 months later.
Very unprofessional

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, they just asked about my experience working for/interning for the company and how I liked it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at URS in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an interview two weeks after submitting my resume and application.
The interviewer was very pleasant, outlined the job carefully, interacted with me very well. He allowed me to meet with the person who previously held the position for a better perspective. The offices are beautiful, and the expectations of the position were covered well.

Interview Question – How would I handle the situation if I was on a hard deadline and someone I support brought a project to me to be placed ahead of what I was working on.   View Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at URS in June 2009.

Interview Details – Brought in by a recruiter. Met controller/director for first interview, then came back for second interview with the Senior VP. Offer was made through recruiter a couple days later. The initial offer was good, but short of my desired salary. The recruiter was able to negotiate the higher salary. I suggest that you set work hour expectations up front as they will consider flexible schedules.

Interview Question – How did I previously handle poor performing employees. And do I prefer to retrain or fire them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for more, if they want you they will go up.

Transportation Engineer Interview

Transportation Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at URS in July 2012.

Interview Details – One-to-one interview. The director of the group introduced the duties of the position. The interview is more based on the previous technical experience and skills on the resume. No behavior questions.

Interview Question – Just general questions about the experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.