URS Interview Questions

2.5

Instrumentation & Controls Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at URS in December 2012.

Applied online, and received an email asking me to fill out an email questionnaire within 48 hours. Then a month later got a call from HR asking me if I could interview the next day.
    I came in and met with the hiring manager and a Sr Engineer. Once they found out my major and confirmed that I did an internship there, they were both very friendly. It lasted for about 30 min and the Sr Engineer mostly talked about what the job would be like. Then the hiring manager asked me if I had spoken to HR about benefits yet. I said no, and he rang them up, then escorted me downstairs. HR lady gave me a 45 min presentation on everything.
    I was pretty sure I was getting hired.
    BUT, never heard from them again, even after calling back and emailing every 2 weeks.
    Same job was posted 3 months later.
    Very unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, they just asked about my experience working for/interning for the company and how I liked it   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at URS in March 2013.

I was contacted for an interview two weeks after submitting my resume and application.
    The interviewer was very pleasant, outlined the job carefully, interacted with me very well. He allowed me to meet with the person who previously held the position for a better perspective. The offices are beautiful, and the expectations of the position were covered well.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle the situation if I was on a hard deadline and someone I support brought a project to me to be placed ahead of what I was working on.   View Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at URS in June 2009.

Brought in by a recruiter. Met controller/director for first interview, then came back for second interview with the Senior VP. Offer was made through recruiter a couple days later. The initial offer was good, but short of my desired salary. The recruiter was able to negotiate the higher salary. I suggest that you set work hour expectations up front as they will consider flexible schedules.

Interview Questions
    • How did I previously handle poor performing employees. And do I prefer to retrain or fire them.   View Answer
    Ask for more, if they want you they will go up.

Transportation Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at URS in July 2012.

One-to-one interview. The director of the group introduced the duties of the position. The interview is more based on the previous technical experience and skills on the resume. No behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Just general questions about the experience.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Control Room Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anniston, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anniston, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at URS in February 2009.

Single face-to-face interview after qualifications review to narrow candidate field. Offer tendered after a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider your greatest weakness?   View Answer
    Some negotiation possible if you have qualifications above entry level.

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at URS in February 2010.

I arrived at URS as part of an acquisition. The hiring and interview process was pretty basic; several individual interviews with Senior Executives and operational stakeholders followed up with a small panel interview session.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hardball or unexpected questions. I was asked about my most difficult sales cycle and negotiation and asked to describe the circumstances around the sale.   View Answer
    Fairly straightforward. We agreed on salary, bonus plan and standard benefits.I did not receive stock options.

Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at URS.

Two interviews - first by phone with IT Manager for that division. Then with hiring manager for the IT Department and Vice President of division in person. Small, cozy office. Kind employees all around. Informal interview based on my experience and my expectations of the job; they told me what the job entailed, salary and benefits, and that was it. About 30 mins or so.

Interview Questions
    • None - they asked how I would rate myself on different MS Word programs. None of the usual 'throw me off my game' or 'pin me to the chair' questions many companies employ these days.   Answer Question
    It was a contract so all salary and benefits are set -no negotiation is possible for government contracts.

EIT Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at URS.

Interviewed by 9 different people of different rankings. They wanted asked my career goals and about my school curriculum. I had to give a 15 min technical presentation before lunch. The interview process seemed overwhelming at first but I realized it was more relaxed and a way for me to get a full picture on the range of tasks the office does.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked by 9 different people to ask questions. It was difficult to keep finding new things to ask questions on.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at URS.

Got a call from HR to come to interview with project manager. Another day interview with vice president.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging political situation that has happened to you in your career?   Answer Question
    • What did your previous boss best and worst?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at URS.

HR communication was terrible. Took forever to get an offer. I found out that many people were leaving. Revolving door of employees. Not a good explanation of the position vs. what it was when I worked there. The group was dysfunctional and needed lots of work. Management was not too interested in that.

Interview Questions
    Ask for money up front because raises are not good. Raises did not meet cost of living. Benefits were very expensive. Seems like the burden is shifted to the employee to minimize cost to the company. Noticed the morale was very low after I started working there as employees were unhappy about raises after the division did well the previous year.