URS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at URS in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was over the phone, people were generally nice and respectful.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was not negotiable

Project Administrator Interview

Project Administrator

I interviewed at URS in February 2013.

Interview Details – The entire process consisted of two interviews: the first one with the actual hiring manager, and the second one with the team, which included other project administrators and an HR person.
I had a very positive experience with this company, and both interviews went well. Everyone from the hiring manager, to every team member and a front desk person were all very nice, and conducted themselves cordially and professionally at all times. I believe they gave everyone a fair shot at the job, an inference I am making based on intuition.

There weren't any difficult questions, and most were not of behavioral in nature, i.e. tell me about a time when... The second interview consisted of questions that each team member had developed on their own. Thus, each interview will probably be entirely different. It was about 3 weeks from my first interview until a decision was made regarding a candidate.

Interview Question – What question have I not asked you yet?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Electrical Engineer I
Denver, CO

I applied online and interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview for an entry level electrical engineer position at the Denver, CO office. I got a call notifying me of the interview only 3 hours before they would call. So there was little time to research the company and position. The interviewers were very uptight and had a hard time trying to break the ice. They seemed like they wanted someone local.

Interview Question – Why do you want to live in Colorado?   View Answer

Administrative/Support Interview

Administrative/Support
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at URS in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone fairly quickly after completing the online application. From there, I had to complete another, more detailed online application. After that, I met with three people. Everyone was very pleasant and professional. The atmosphere was positive, and it seemed like a very nice place to work.

Though one of the interviewers noted that they did not hire just for contracts, when I heard back (a different person - not someone with whom I had interviewed), I was only told that no one was hired because the contract was not awarded. The person who said this was very abrupt, so I didn't feel like I could ask for more information.

Interview Question – None. There were standard interview questions and questions that required specific detail about my previous work.   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

Mechanic
Texarkana, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at URS in August 2010.

Interview Details – Wanted you to demonstrate 5 years of tool-in-hand mechanic work. Then did a basic interview about your background and attendance. The process was really prove your experience, pass a drug test, and a criminal background check. Pretty much everyone who did all three was hired.

Interview Question – Really it was just them asking the about your experience over and over in different ways. May of the interviewees (it was in a ballroom at a community center) were probed far harder than I was.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None it was a set in stone wage amount, the so-called local standard wage. IE the bottom the GVT would allow them to pay.

Maintenance Planner Interview

Maintenance Planner
Richland, WA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at URS in February 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was good. The managers, in the interview, were positive and provided a good bit of information about the job. This process seemed to be easy to follow and there was help along the way.

Interview Question – What are your worst traits.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was easy. They offered me a wage that was in excess of what I had been making previously and that I thought was fair.

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Santa Ana, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at URS in August 2012.

Interview Details – Basic in-person interview with junior member of the team.
got call back for second interview with department head.

everyone was very friendly and most questions are behavioral based.
not too much technical questions

Interview Question – scenario question - client communication   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – tried to negotiate for higher salary, was not successful. accept as it is

Energy Engineer Interview

Energy Engineer
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – The best chance to receive and interview is to know someone within the company. The interview process was fairly simple. I was called in for one interview where I sat with three mid to high level employees. I did not meet my direct boss until I received my offer over the phone a few days after the interview.

Interview Question – Tell us how you would go about conducting analysis of a building through energy modeling.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my pay slightly. You do not have the ability to negotiate annual leave or sick leave.

Process Engineer IV Interview

Process Engineer IV
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details – Asked basic questions about experience. No behavior based questions.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received $7,000 more than I was initially offered. I stated my case why I thought I should get more and they gave it to me.

Planner Interview

Planner
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at URS in February 2011.

Interview Details – One of the easiest interview processes I've had, but I think it really depends on who you are interviewing with. A friend of mine interviewed and was given a pop quiz.

I had a casual, relaxed conversation, and I didn't have to deal with multiple rounds of interviews which was nice. I was done in under an hour, and I received an offer a week later.

Interviews for Top Jobs at URS