URS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Aircraft Mechanic
Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at URS in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was tailored towards basic troubleshooting and safety knowledge. Very open about what was expected from a worker, and the consequences for failing to following the 4790 maintenance manual.

Interview Question – How would a supervisor handle a conflict between workers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiating, but the good thing is that the company hires within, so getting qualified in an important aspect in ensuring that you have the right qualifications when a position does become available.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in April 2014.

Interview Details – Why did you choose to be a Mechanical Engineer?

Administrative/Support Interview

Administrative/Support
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at URS in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone fairly quickly after completing the online application. From there, I had to complete another, more detailed online application. After that, I met with three people. Everyone was very pleasant and professional. The atmosphere was positive, and it seemed like a very nice place to work.

Though one of the interviewers noted that they did not hire just for contracts, when I heard back (a different person - not someone with whom I had interviewed), I was only told that no one was hired because the contract was not awarded. The person who said this was very abrupt, so I didn't feel like I could ask for more information.

Interview Question – None. There were standard interview questions and questions that required specific detail about my previous work.   Answer Question

Finance/Contracting Intern Interview

Finance/Contracting Intern
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at URS in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone a couple weeks after I put my application in. The HR representative was very kind and asked about my application and why I was interested in the company/position. After a very brief answer she asked me if I could schedule to come in for an interview in the next few days.

I then went in for the interview which consisted of the people in the department I would be working with. It was a fairly easy interview where I was able to steer the conversation into my attributes and talk about my resume. They asked me questions about organizations that I am involved with and basically asked me to run down my resume. Also asked why I wanted to be an intern there, which is a pretty basic question.

It was good to demonstrate knowledge about what the company does and ask questions that helped define what the companies culture was like and a better description of what I would be doing there. There were other candidates lined up to interview before and after mine, so make sure you try to stand out. Overall was a good atmosphere during the interview, I suggest answering their questions with a smile and being confident about your answers.

About 2-3 weeks went by without me hearing anything, but got the offer.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for URS? Contribute to the Community!

URS – Why Work for Us?

URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies worldwide. We offer a full range of program management; planning, design and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at URS interview questions and advice in Norfolk, VA. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by URS employees and interview candidates.