US Agricultural Research Service Fiscal Technician Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Fiscal Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at US Agricultural Research Service in June 2009.

Interview

The interview process involved a phone call about availability, and a panel interview. I was selected and offered the job, contingent upon a b/g investigation. Three days later, I was cleared, and officially offered the job, which I started two weeks later. In the mail, I received a packet of paperwork to fill out and return. I gave notice at my prior employer, and started at the new job three business days after separation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
  • Describe your experience with Federal computer systems.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There weren't really negotiations, inasmuch as I did not understand what most of the acronyms meant, nor did I have much background on the implications of certain acceptances. Now that I know how the Fed works, I will be better equipped to evaluate an offer.