US Agricultural Research Service

Relevance Date Difficulty

Enumerator Interview

Enumerator
Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service in April 2014.

Interview Details – Seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. We in the field have told the staff what is needed but the message seems to never get up the chain of command. Next time we have a survey we have to ask the same question when the answer were reported in previous surveys.

Interview Question – Why do you ask the same question.   View Answer

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service.

Interview Details – Enjoyed the hiring and interview process, but then my supervisor who hired me soon left the agency.

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service in August 2013.

Interview Details – Not a typical government hiring process. Non-competitive eligibility hiring process...very quick and responsive HR team. I had one interview with three people from the team and a writing test the same day. Was contacted by the HR team with the offer and started very quickly after that since I already had a previous clearance to work with the federal govt.

Intern Interview

Intern
Robinsville, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service in April 2012.

Interview Details – First a phone call then a group interview. They ask you 7-8 questions that were basically a checklist. They ask about your experience and skills. Very easy interview. Very easy process, just takes a long time to hear back from them.

Negotiation Details – Everything was told to me no negotiation needed

Financial Management Specialist Interview

Financial Management Specialist
Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service in April 2009.

Interview Details – In 2009, I contacted all of my previous employers including the Forest Service after being laid off from my position from Hollywood Video. The Forest Service had special hiring authority and after a successful interview with two GS-13's, I was hired under the Career Intern Program (CIP) and converted to full-time, career-competitive in March 2011 by a Presidential Executive Order.

Interview Question – Given that I had a prior history with the Forest Service, there were no surprises with any of the questions. I did have the skills, knowledge and abilities that the Forest Service was seeking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was lower than I would have expected, but during the negotiation phase the hiring manager told me that after 2 years of service after successful completion of my internship that I would be promoted from a GS09 to a GS11,

Forestry Tech Interview

Forestry Tech

Interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service

Interview Details – A bit difficult, many technical questions regarding the science of forestry.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were lost in the forest without any water?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation there are pay scales.

Public Affairs Specialist Interview

Public Affairs Specialist
Washington, DC

I interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service in November 2011.

Interview Details – interview was with a panel. there were two seperate interview quesitons. asked the basic questions. situaiton behavioral based questions. asked a little about experience. panel was nice. eays to talk to

Interview Question – a technical question   Answer Question

Pathways Internship Interview

Pathways Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service.

Interview Details – USDA came to my school to recruit for their Pathways Internship. The recruiters walked everyone that attended the information session through the tedious application process on usajobs.gov. It took three months for them to contact me back for an interview. The interview was laid back and lasted 30 minutes because I asked a lot of questions. Two months later I was offered the position contingent upon fingerprint results and a Background Investigation. Although the process is long, Human Resource contacted me every few weeks to to update me on where they were at in the hiring process.

Interview Question – How do you stay motivated? Caffeine?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They pay according to GS grade/scale/level.

Communications Assistant Interview

Communications Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service in May 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly easy. If you know the right people, as any DC job, you are able to get your foot in the door. Met with director and Administrators assistant, they were lovely. Got a call back for a follow-up. And was asked to joing the team after.

Interview Question – Normal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Based on GS level

Office Automation Interview

Office Automation
Honolulu, HI

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at US Agricultural Research Service in April 2012.

Interview Details – There was one interview.The location of the office was difficult to find as it is like a maze.There were three people who interviewed me and asked me all sorts of questions.Some of the questions included were how I deal with stress and prioritizing work,planning the work day.

Interview Question – How do I deal with stress and prioritizing the work load?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Agricultural Research Service

Worked for US Agricultural Research Service? Contribute to the Community!