US Air Force Commander Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2014

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Commander Interview

You have to apply for the commander pool and be accepted. Once in the pool you are eligible for a command position. Senior leaders will make a determination based on the pool who they recommend to commanders in the field to fill positions.

Interview Questions
  • no verbal questions...position was determined by performance report review   Answer Question
salary...no issue

Other Interview Reviews for US Air Force

Commandant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at US Air Force in September 2010.

Vacancy posted on web, I submitted a package by the posted deadline. I received an interview notification from HR within 6 business days of job close-out. I traveled to Washington, DC three weeks later and met a board of 7 senior members of the organization. Five business days after the interview, I received an informal phone call from the hiring manager (Commander) offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions; no technical or detailed questions. The board asked standard, leadership/management and philosophical questions as well as a few, "tell us about a time when..." type questions.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate my report date. Military pay and benefits are based upon a standard scale and are non-negotiable. They are also available to anyone interested on annual military pay charts. Investment and personal retirement planning is also standard. Health benefits are standard.

Commander Interview

Very demanding hiring process as an officer. You have to take multiple tests and compete against thousands. The interview focuses on your values, your competency, and your desire to serve others.

There is no negotiation.

Commander Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Air Force in March 2010.

I was asked to provide reasons for why I wanted to take the job and what my command philosophy would consist of