US Air Force Interview Questions in Dayton, OH

Updated Jul 6, 2015

1.9

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

In this case, I did not go through the interview process. Instead, I received a phone call saying I was selected for a position I had applied for a few months before.

Malware Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wright Patterson AFB, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Air Force (Wright Patterson AFB, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Since the position was a Direct Hire, I did not have to go through the normal process of applying through USAJobs which can sometimes be confusing and takes forever. With a Direct Hire position all I had to do was submit a hard-copy resume to the actual hiring manager and within a week I was called in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was pretty painless and did not cover any real technical questions. The interviewer looked over my degree and related experience, told me about the position and asked if I felt I had anything to offer the team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are 3 tiers of starting pay a person can start at based on the level of degree. I had a Masters degree but was able to use prior experience to negoatiate a starting pay at the highest tier (PhD level).

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

When interviewed for management position, I was asked what are my career goals, qualifications, experience, leadership development...nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly have to interview for specific positions and they are few and far between nowadays. Just be yourself, answer honestly, and you will probably be good.

Military Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

The process to become an officer in the US Military is long and requires a lot of patience. There is an in person interview, background check, multiple IQ / Competency tests, there is also a personality test. If you are accepted you spend either 4 years in ROTC through college or 3 months in intense "Boot Camp" Style officer training school. It's not easy but it is definitely worth it.

Negotiation

You don't really negotiate. You either want it and get it or you don't.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

Takes a long time!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

One way

NONE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

They assigned me here. No interview in the military.

Special Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in January 2007.

Interview

A personality test and the on-on-one interview are the first things they do. Then you will take an IQ type test and your background investigations will begin if you pass that and HQ approves your package. Concentrate on the questions being asked and be completely forthcoming with your past. Do not hide anything or you will end up wasting their time and yours.