US Air Force

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Dayton, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at US Air Force in January 2011.

Interview Details – When interviewed for management position, I was asked what are my career goals, qualifications, experience, leadership development...nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly have to interview for specific positions and they are few and far between nowadays. Just be yourself, answer honestly, and you will probably be good.

Interview Question – Why do you want this position, in this organization?   Answer Question

Malware Analyst Interview

Wright Patterson AFB, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at US Air Force in January 2011.

Interview Details – Since the position was a Direct Hire, I did not have to go through the normal process of applying through USAJobs which can sometimes be confusing and takes forever. With a Direct Hire position all I had to do was submit a hard-copy resume to the actual hiring manager and within a week I was called in for an interview.

Interview Question – The interview process was pretty painless and did not cover any real technical questions. The interviewer looked over my degree and related experience, told me about the position and asked if I felt I had anything to offer the team.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There are 3 tiers of starting pay a person can start at based on the level of degree. I had a Masters degree but was able to use prior experience to negoatiate a starting pay at the highest tier (PhD level).

Procurement Interview

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Air Force in February 2010.

Interview Details – Takes a long time!

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One way

Military Officer Interview

Military Officer
Dayton, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Air Force in December 2010.

Interview Details – The process to become an officer in the US Military is long and requires a lot of patience. There is an in person interview, background check, multiple IQ / Competency tests, there is also a personality test. If you are accepted you spend either 4 years in ROTC through college or 3 months in intense "Boot Camp" Style officer training school. It's not easy but it is definitely worth it.

Negotiation Details – You don't really negotiate. You either want it and get it or you don't.

None Interview

Dayton, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at US Air Force in January 2010.

Interview Details – They assigned me here. No interview in the military.

Special Agent Interview

Dayton, OH

The process took 9 months - interviewed at US Air Force in January 2007.

Interview Details – A personality test and the on-on-one interview are the first things they do. Then you will take an IQ type test and your background investigations will begin if you pass that and HQ approves your package. Concentrate on the questions being asked and be completely forthcoming with your past. Do not hide anything or you will end up wasting their time and yours.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an agent?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for US Air Force? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Air Force interview questions and advice in Dayton, OH. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Air Force employees and interview candidates.