US Air Force Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.4

Linguist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Air Force.

It was an extensive interview and I had to pass a language proficiency test, take an ASVAB, have a medical and fitness evaluation, and etc. before getting hired in my selected career field.

There wasn't one

Client Systems Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Air Force.

Interview is extremely simple. For 99% of applicants they lie when entering and many recruiters push for lies or "omitting" the truth. There are a minimalist background check. I lied about receiving a DUI before enlisting and came into the service with a suspended license and nothing was said to me. The interview process is a complete joke.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you mostly softball questions, primarily the patriotic type ones so just answer like you bleed red white and blue and that you're fired up and they'll accept it. Such as "Why do you want to serve in the USAF?"   View Answer

Military Senior Program Manager Interview

There was a need to distribute the work load but not a position technically in existence. One was created and the leadership used my civilian education coupled with my military training to manage 2 major programs with 17 bases reporting to me.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with the type of work this office provides and how do you see you fitting in?   Answer Question
    N/A; we're paid based on our rank.

Enlisted Aircraft Maintenance Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Air Force.

After completing the Armed Forces Aptitude Test, candidates will be screened by both an Air Force recruiter and personnel specialists. Accepted applicants will also be required to complete a medical physical. Many positions also require an extended background check and a security clearance investigation. Maintaining a clean record during the entire process is critical to acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how long I was willing to wait on delayed enlistment before basic training.   Answer Question

4N0 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Air Force.

Talk to a recruiter. If you are not a convicted felon and there is openings in man power should be a simple process. Walk into a recruiter office, talk to all branches to see which will offer the most and give you an idea on the mentality of each. Remember all recruiters are going to be very nice (especially Marines.) Now once you decide on a branch, go back and talk to the recruiter and let them know you want in. From there its personal information, education, social, name, jobs etc... research your branch and the job you want makes life easier in the process. Lots of paper work to fill out. Once everything is filled out, you may have to wait for big military to say we have an opening in 3 months to send you to bootcamp. During this time you may meet with recruiter a few times and do fun activities to bait you and others to join. Take advantage and enjoy those activities. The process is not hard, the interview cut and dry. No curveballs, pretty straight forward you'll sign for 4-6 years and may or may not involve a bonus. Remember you may be able to bargain for base of choice (doubtful), or to go to bootcamp with a friend, possible to even get first station together (each branch is different and possible they stopped offering this. I believe it was called the buddy system). Never hurts to ask. You may depending on education or certain affiliates such as ROTC and BoyScouts to gain a rank possibly two (Enlisted) for Officers Education or prior service as far as I know, could be wrong. Certain jobs have a Bonus either sign up or annual. Once you paperwork is sent, you will go to MEPS where they basically drug test you (hair, blood or urine if not all) assessment of your body for tattoos, scars, deformities and anything that may disqualify you medially. during this More Paper work, then your processed and ready to ship out to basic training. (basic training is also and long interview as well) your there to learn the basic foundation to your military career, but also allows the military to assessment of your mental state and if you are military worthy. You can be discharged straight from basic training if you cannot handle the stress, have mental disorders that you did not share or where unaware of. Also your day to day professionalism, are you moldable and if so are you a behavior issue in which you refuse to conform enough to wear a uniform beside others without being a concern to yourself and others.

Interview Questions
    • Depends on the person. For me was admitting I had experimented with a few minor drugs my Junior year in high school. Or explaining why I had underage drinking on my record. Though most questions were cut and dry information on yourself and what you were interested in doing.   Answer Question
    Not a negotiation but a chance to share if you have College, EagleScout or ROTC for additional rank for enlisted. Possible for Officers I believe depending if prior service and what degree in college.

Aircraft Maintenance Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Air Force.

Standardized tests to determine job placement as well as security clearance questionnaire. Once that is completed there is a drug test and physical required to assess drug use as well as ability to perform physically. If required for high level clearance, extensive questionnaire and interviews depending on requirements.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated career area to go into

Network Engineer Interview

Very laid back interview, but the job I interviewed for was not the job I applied for. I ended up getting the job, and have since moved to another position.

No negotiation

E7 - Air Force - Master Sergeant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Air Force.

Must be qualified to manage people, resources, funds, and personal life. Must have clear and concise communication channels and be able to make the tough calls. Come clean with your past and be ready to test on aptitude. Failure to do so on both could be a dis-qualifier.

Interview Questions
    • The unknown. Situation changes all the time and you have to be able to react at any given moment. What to do if and when a member has an unusual situation and what avenues to take when these arise.   Answer Question
    Clean record and educated

Security Forces Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Air Force.

I went in and was asked about some things I wanted to do in the military. Then I was given a questionnaire which I filled out. I was shown some marching things then went to MEPS. MEPS stands for military entrance processing center. There you receive a physical are asked several questions and do various activities while doctors rate your performance.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had any broken bones?
      Have you used any drugs?
      Have you drank alcohol underage?
      Do you have any medical concerns?
      Have you graduated high school?
      Do you have a GED?

Answer Question
    None

Ground Radar Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Air Force.

The interview process is like most other jobs. There will be three people across the room from you. It's mainly to see if you are a good fit. You must know a bit of Air Force trivia and knowledge. Core values and what not. How you would react in certain situations. Are you technically proficient. Helps to know someone because they do ask about candidates and if anyone knows them and if they would be a good fit. That's the most important thing. Are you a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • What are the AF core values? What do they mean to you? What can we do to make the AF better? What are the current problems with the AF right now and what would you suggest to help make them better?   Answer Question