US Air Force Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.4

E6 - Air Force - Technical Sergeant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at US Air Force.

Recruiters help out tremendously when you are first looking to enlist in the Air Force. They walk you through the process of what is needed and make sure you are prepared. It is a scary process but rewarding and you know there is something greater about to take place.

Interview Questions
    • How hard is it to deploy and be away from your family?   View Answer

Military Officer Interview

I attended a service academy, which has an interview process like none other. It involved a Congressional nomination, medical exams, essays and the like. It was long, but guaranteed me employment for over a decade.

Interview Questions
    • Gaining a Congressional nomination was the most difficult part.   Answer Question

USAF Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Air Force in March 2010.

My hiring and interview process involved working with a local recruitment representative in my hometown. I had various meetings with the rep during the interview process. As I was requesting an entry-level position some twenty-four years ago, I do not recall specifics, but the process went well and I have no complaints about it.

Systems Operator Interview

Two interviews . Easy interview process. The first person to call me was the human resource manager. I then got screened to see how much experience I had with computers.

E1 - Air Force Airman Basic Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Air Force.

This is a one on one experience with an Air Force Recruiter who will determine if you qualify to join the Air Force based upon several factors and a passing entry exam that will further determine what you can do best for the Air Force.

There is no negotiation for salary

Crew Chief Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Air Force in November 2010.

Mechanical asvab score of 46 roughly.
    Basic questions in enlisting the military like pass drug use etc.
    They will also ask you your weight and ways of improving your chances in getting thru Basic Training.
    The asvab is basically the interview, they find out what your good at and offer you certain jobs the they think would suite you as an airmen.

Interview Questions
    • For single parents there are obstacles in joining. they will try and ask you to get married or change custody to a relative for some reason prior to you going.   Answer Question
    good, basically came to an agreement. no bonuses though unless if your enlisting as a traditional

PA Interview

Interviews were part of the process for entering military service, acceptance to professional school and commissioning as a medical officer. Focus is on whole person concept and academic success.

Air Force Officer Interview

BA required along with required training. Training and screening process is very intensive depending on the position that you are interviewing for. There are dozens of different positions ranging from military aviation to support.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to serve when there exist the potential to go to war/harm's way   Answer Question

Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at US Air Force.

testing was rigorous, had two day interview with professionals in the field, had to complete 4 week basic officer course with many high ranking medical professionals who had zero military experience but learned a lot about national strategy.

Interview Questions
    not able to negotiate, set compensation, no early promotion

Wing Plans & Programs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cannon AFB, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cannon AFB, NM

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at US Air Force in May 2010.

Panel interview consisting of the basic questions, with 2 LtCol's and 1 Major. Really looking for experience at the appropriate place in your career. You don't need to be able to do the job they are asking you to do, they will teach you. They do need great work ethic, and expect you to be able to work on your own. Show a willingness to tackle the unknown.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario was in an embassy, coordinating logistics for your team's arrival. How would you lobby for your assets when there are competing priorities?   View Answer
    No, not able to negotiate.