US Air Force Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.4

Explosive Ordinance Disposal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Went to a recruiter. Asked for Explosive Ordinance Disposal, but had to choose depending on needs of the Air Force. Medical exam, placement test, and background check. Process can seem slow, but once excepted it moves really quick. No real interview questions that are hard to answer, but interviewee does need to be honest during medical and security questioning because they will find out.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your interests, but job offers are based on Air Force needs first.   1 Answer

US Air Force Officer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

In order to attend the United States Air Force Academy, there were a series of interviews with congressmen as well as previous graduates. These could be done in parallel and did not have to be done serially. Once these individuals approved or you received a nomination, you then had to apply to the United States Air Force Academy. This was a very lengthy and time consuming process. I would estimate that it took approximately 6 months. Remember to look at the application deadline and adjust accordingly.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of Integrity?   1 Answer

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanscom AFB, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Hanscom AFB, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

A candidate is contacted and schedules a time to be interviewed. You are required to arrive 30 minutes before the interview in order to review the 5-6 questions that will be asked, you are allowed to take notes while reviewing the questions. You then enter a room with a panel of 3 people where you answer each question. It is a very robotic process with no feedback or clarification given for all the questions. It is supposed to weed out any bias an interviewer might have for any of the questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you overcame an challenge at work?   Answer Question

US Air Force Enlisted Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Air Force (Spokane, WA).

Interview

The military is a very simple process, graduate high school, don't do drugs, and pass a back ground check. Once you have complete the initial process, work with a recruiter to find a career and complete the oath of enlistment for 4 or 6 years. Then you will be sent to basic training in Texas.

Interview Questions

• Have you graduated high school, can you pass a drug screening and back ground check.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Interviews include both a phone and on base interview process, both of which occur with a panel of engineers from various disciplines. They also included a base tour. Both the process and the people were fantastic, and were very true to analyzing your skill set for the job. Highly recommend.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

The entire process took about 4 months. The job that I applied for had a close out date in August 2014. I was notified that I was referred in September. I interviewed in November, and was notified that I wasn't hired in December.

Interview Questions

• Name two things you did to better yourself in your last position   Answer Question
    • Name a technical skill that you used most in your last position   Answer Question

Interview

Must be qualified to manage people, resources, funds, and personal life. Must have clear and concise communication channels and be able to make the tough calls. Come clean with your past and be ready to test on aptitude. Failure to do so on both could be a dis-qualifier.

Interview Questions

• The unknown. Situation changes all the time and you have to be able to react at any given moment. What to do if and when a member has an unusual situation and what avenues to take when these arise.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

Short interview, consisted of two phone interviews. One of them was particularly interested in my background in materials science, even though it was not my primary area of study. Second interview discussed my soft skills in addition my technical know-how.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Linguist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

It was an extensive interview and I had to pass a language proficiency test, take an ASVAB, have a medical and fitness evaluation, and etc. before getting hired in my selected career field.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Interview is extremely simple. For 99% of applicants they lie when entering and many recruiters push for lies or "omitting" the truth. There are a minimalist background check. I lied about receiving a DUI before enlisting and came into the service with a suspended license and nothing was said to me. The interview process is a complete joke.

Interview Questions

• They ask you mostly softball questions, primarily the patriotic type ones so just answer like you bleed red white and blue and that you're fired up and they'll accept it. Such as "Why do you want to serve in the USAF?"   1 Answer