US Air Force

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ months - interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview Details – The recruiter was generally encouraging and supportive but I get the impression that Air Force recruiters (for new officers) don't have to work too hard at finding recruits. They can and will be selective. I consider myself fortunate that my education and experience were valued. I had a very difficult time proving that I was medically qualified. Again, I am grateful that it was determined that I was qualified.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was actually to my wife (the interview process was not traditional). The question was did I have the support of my family to enter the career and succeed. A fair question considering the nature of the work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All salary and benefits are defined by law. At the time I entered, no bonuses were available for my career field.

Warner Robins, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Air Force in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initially based on connections formed in my deployment to Iraq, the US Air Force Reserve HQ was looking for an Account Executive for their DCAPES account maintenance, in that maintaining the 500+ accounts was fast-approaching a full-time paid position. I believe that I was nearly immediately chosen for this position,\ due to the fact that I had experience with this particular proprietary system. It was, however, something that I had to work for. It was very clearly a position that I had to work for and that would have been afforded anyone else, had I lacked in pursuance.

Interview Question – Based on military experience : #it, #microsoft, #account, #management, #vba, #excel, #access   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The military does not negotiate.

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Air Force in October 2011.

Interview Details – My resume was offered and accepted. I followed up, but had no official response. Two months later, I received a phone call from the Program Manager's Executive Assistant to Schedule an interview. I called the Program Manager at the designated time. We reviewed my resume and he asked me what I knew about the program. I had executed a thorough Internet search, beforehand, and was able to talk about the program with ease. Additionally, I talked to workers at the facility and was impressed with their easy-going, but professional environment.The final result of the interview was that the program manager would invite me for a visit to the facility to meet the team and receive a formal presentation.

Interview Question – Can you answer troubleshooting questions for Unix and Windows, though you would be in management? Everyone ha to pitch in and answer the phones.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Project Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Air Force in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had to prove I was worthy for the job. I had about 3 months to convince leadership that I had the knowledge skill maturity, tenacity to carry out the duties that were assigned. It was a grueling work schedule and the people assigned to work with me were terrible. I got the job.

Interview Question – It was really the trial period   Answer Question

Worked for US Air Force? Contribute to the Community!