US Air Force

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Hill AFB, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at US Air Force in May 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process takes a very long time in the government. Best resource is USAJobs website. Youtube videos are available to help with the convuluted process. If you can figure out the application system and make it onto the eligability list there may be a number of managers that can hire you. It's best to know someone on the inside that can provide feedback and interpret the whole process.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work for us   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – your pay must match the GS pay scale determined by Government HR based on years of experience. The only negotiation possible is to ensure your experience has been coded correctly or possibly a salary match if the difference is minimal.

Hill AFB, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview Details – In my own case, there was a job fair but it was not broadly or advertized. The interviews that took place during the job fair were preliminary, but I was asked in for a follow-up interview and then offered a job. There are online tools for any applicant to apply for a government job.

Interview Question – Why has it taken you so long to get hired?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Hill AFB, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview Details – I found the jobs advertised with an E-mail list from my alma mater. I E-mailed the contact my resume and he contacted me within 45 minutes. After two telephone interviews, I was hired. I first worked as a contractor for 18 months to sidestep the bizarre hiring process of OPM (Office of Personnel Management). I was then re-hired as a civil servant.

Interview Question – Do you like hunt and fish?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Air Force: This is the most we can legally pay you.
Me: Okay! (I had been unemployed for almost a year)

Worked for US Air Force? Contribute to the Community!