US Airways Interview Questions in Arizona

2.9

76 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied on our career website at school. They called me for a short phone interview and then invited me to an interview. It was a 30 min. interview. They called me back a few weeks later saying I got the offer. Both interviewers were very nice and they called me half way through my decision making to see if they could be of any more assistance.

Interview Questions
    • The only technical question was what would be the factors of me ordering pens.   Answer Question

I got a better offer elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

Pretty much exactly what everyone else says here. Applied on-line. Received invitation for video interview. Attended Recruitment Session. There were approximately 90 people there. We were split into two groups. Only about 5 people were selected from our group. Overall, I had a very positive experience. i met a lot of great people and learned a lot about being a Flight Attendant. I knew going into it that they would be making their selections that day, but many people didn't know this. The recruitment team made it worse by continually mentioning that you would hear from them in 48 hrs. I think that is mean and misleading. When I left I knew I had not been selected but there were many people who went home and waited to hear from them. False hope. :-( And even worse, it took them longer than 48 hours. I was extremely disappointed to not receive an offer, but I couldn't feel too badly about it because they passed on many smart, well-spoken, personable, educated and experienced people. I was surprised at how many people did not follow the specific directions they give you regarding dress and appearance. When the recruitment center calls you, LISTEN CAREFULLY. They will tell you EXACTLY what to wear and how to fix your hair, make-up and nails.

Everyone introduces themselves, including where you are from and then the qualities you think make a good FA. PRACTICE. I tried to stick to exactly what they asked for but i don't think it matters. They chose one person who just went on and on and thanked them and blah blah blah. I think they just want you to look comfortable talking in front of a group. Good luck! It is extremely competitive and though it sounds shallow, looks matter.

Interview Questions
    • "What qualities does a good Flight Attendant have?"   View Answer

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

After applying online and taking the assessment, I was prompted by e-mail the next day to conduct an over the phone interview, which was just an electronic recording asking questions and recording my answers such as previous work history, etc. It took about a day or two and I got a call back to do an in-person interview. The interview was simple and predictable. The lady took me back to a meeting room and asked me several questions in SAR (situation/action/result) about my prior experience. It was pretty simple and took no more than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation regarding the pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

Applied in March! Received a phone call from a 00 number in August '14 and the representative asked if I were available for an interview the following week. I picked Thursday to give myself enough time to prepare myself in every way. I flew out to Phoenix, az and walked to the shuttle bus and met with other candidates we drove down the street to the facility signed in, showed passports dropped our belongings off did an overhead bin test (height requirements) watched videos of the merge with about 50 other ppl second classroom did the same we took a break. Watch another PowerPoint about FA life. Took a break. Introduced ourselves, where we flew from and what qualities makes a great FA took a break. Got broken up into groups did a group activity. If we crashed and had found 12 of the items listed number them based off of importance. Took lunch they called 2 ppl to do "paperwork" seen those two later on at the airport because one was on my flight back and the other had a late flight as well. And only ONE of the two who got called for one on one interviews got the job and two from the other group got the job so 3 of about 100 got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied online and a couple weeks later was emailed the link taking me to the next step of the process - The Video Interview! This is tough because in the video you really don't look like yourself and your trying not to look around.

union

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

Applied online
    2 months later did a webcam interview
    A couple of weeks after.the webcam interview I received a call from a recruiter inviting me to Phoenix for an in-person interview.
    In Phoenix we had to do the reach and jump seat tests followed by a 60 second presentation in which we had to explain what we thought makes a good flight attendant
      I did not particularly care for this because everyone gives the same answer. I was 2nd from last to go so I.mentioned a couple of other attributes.
    We also did the survival group exercise, we were then served.lunch. after lunch they told us we will get an email in 24-48 hours but they called out some names saying they needed more info from them and the rest of us were free.to go.
    I'm not an idiot, those people who were asked to stay for providing info were.obviously those that were offered positions.
    I was very disappointed in this process because it was an insult to my intelligence. They should've been honest with us instead of using a lame excuse.
    I am also upset that we were not properly interviewed. I don't see how the recruiters could have enough insight of all the candidates to make a determination of who to hire.
    I was not allowed an opportunity to discuss my experience, qualities, Etc
    Part of me feels discriminated against because its obvious they based their decision on 60 seconds of people giving the same answers
    I feel like I was played a fool. I know I would not want to work for an organization that does not perform proper due diligence during the hiring process
    IAlso they do not pay you during training. That's just not right and its the people who look at the.job as glamorous and exciting that will suffer.the.most because they are focusing only on the lifestyle of the job instead of reading I'm between the lines not realizing how much money.they.will lose during training and having to pay $1000 for their uniforms. I'm not.sure.if they're looking.for "suckers" or not but there is.no doubt their recruiting practices are not fair.

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

applied online then 10 days later i got a video interview, then ten days later i got an email saying thanks for yourinterest but no thanks

Interview Questions
    • let me about atime that you had to work with a difficult empoyee and what happened   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in January 2014.

Six months ago I completed an automated interview online. Got a message that I had passed the initial interview. In 01/2014 finally got a call that I was scheduled to attend a Flight Attendant recruiting event. So I left at 2:30 a.m. to catch my flight and arrived at the Phoenix training center at 9:00. I was placed in a group of 30 people ranging in age from about 21 - 57. I was the 57 year old and was the oldest to attend. The process begins with sitting in a jump seat and buckling your seat belt/shoulder harness and then taking an object out of the bin and placing it back. Next is your 60 second personal introduction and then before lunch you have a survival group exercise rating a dozen variables in a group of 4. Then after lunch the recruiters come back in and asked 2 people for additional information and excused the rest of us to go home. We were told that we we get a reply in 48 hours in regards to the hiring decision which was a lame way of getting out of saying sorry you were not selected. This process was noting but a CIRCUS and both people selected were in their late 20's. I have been a trainer in customer service over 30 years and I know I presented myself well, but be assured age discrimination is alive and well. No opportunity was given to be personally interviewed. They tell you not to believe glass door reviews but they are true to the letter. Also if you get selected the 4.5 weeks of training are unpaid. You must have money saved or have a second income for this job to work making only $19K a year.

Interview Questions
    • It was all a joke and a waste of time.   View Answer

Fleet Service Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

Back in 2007 the interview process was very easy. Nowadays I would recommend having someone refer you or else the chances of getting in are slim to none.

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

The process was pretty much just as everyone on here described.
    1. Applied online via a relatively simple application.
    2. Received phone call requesting a phone interview from the recruitment center.
    3. Received invitation to fly down to training center in Phoenix.

Upon arriving at the training center, here's what happened.
    1. Took the reach & jump-seat tests to prove that I had the necessary height and body type for the job.
    2. Went upstairs to one of the training rooms and mingled with about 40 other people.
    3. Watched presentation about what it's like to be a US Airways Flight Attendant. (This is where I started to get a little concerned about the process when they mentioned that you're on reserve for your first 10-15 years and the base salary is ~$19,000.)
    4. Got to ask questions of flight attendants who were there.
    5. Stood in front of the room and said name, hometown, and what makes a great flight attendant. (PLEASE practice this before you get there, it will make you perform much better than many others.)
    6. Mingled while they left and talked about us.
    7. Completed group mock-crash activity.
    8. Had lunch and mingled while they talked about us.
    9. They said they were going to call us out in pairs to "continue the process." They called the names of everyone except me and one other girl.
    10. We got to continue on in the process and completed one-on-one interviews.
    11. Mingled while they talked about us.
    12. They brought in 4 other candidates from the other training room.
    13. They called my name and the names of 2 others and we were the last ones cut. The three remaining were offered jobs.

In the head, I think I was happy that I wasn't offered a job with US Airways because of their huge emphasis on seniority and the fact that I'd be on reserve for 10+ years. There are other airlines that give you a line much earlier in your career and that's more appealing to me.

Interview Questions
    • What will be the most challenging part of being a flight attendant, in your opinion?   Answer Question