US Airways Interview Questions in Arizona

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.8

Baggage Specialist Resolution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Completed the online application. Received the invite for the phone interview, completed with invitation to a face to face interview. It is a long process, learning patience, and about one month later I have accepted the offer. Training begins in one week, and I am excited to begin my new chapter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I first applied online. Received an email to set up appt. for phone interview after about 2 weeks. Phone interview said I could go to next phase, F2F. Face to face interview set. at the face to face I assumed it would be one on one, however it was a group interview. There were 2 recruiters who asked the group 3 questions each. They then ended with the question what do you do in your first 90 days and how do you get your day started.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest fault?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

After filling out the online application a brief phone interview, I was invited to a large group interview. 60 or so applicants sat through a brief presentation and then where called back to another room for a one-on-one interview, lasting about 30 minutes. I was then told to expect to hear in two weeks if I was chosen for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are based on the STAR format. Situation, Action, Result.   Answer Question

Us Airways Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Interview

Easy but had to wait for 2 week background check... You submit application and request for background check. Then you get drug tested and have to show that you can lift 70 pounds. After that I interviewed with a panel of 2 and was immedietly hired.

Negotiation

The salary and hours were pre-set by the company

Reservation Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position in August and received notification by email of an online interview opportunity. I did not take the interview then because I was trying to get another job. In mid-November, I received a phone call that indicated they were still interested in me and that I could take the online interview. It was only ten questions, mostly about customer service experience and specific examples of how I solved various customer service problems in the past. My ansered were recorded for later playback. I had a cold, so I sounded really bad.

Interview Questions

• Trying to remember specific incidences of customer service problems, such as what I did when after realizing that I could not help the person or how I recommended other products than what was requested by customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I applied on our career website at school. They called me for a short phone interview and then invited me to an interview. It was a 30 min. interview. They called me back a few weeks later saying I got the offer. Both interviewers were very nice and they called me half way through my decision making to see if they could be of any more assistance.

Interview Questions

• The only technical question was what would be the factors of me ordering pens.   Answer Question

I got a better offer elsewhere

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

After applying online and taking the assessment, I was prompted by e-mail the next day to conduct an over the phone interview, which was just an electronic recording asking questions and recording my answers such as previous work history, etc. It took about a day or two and I got a call back to do an in-person interview. The interview was simple and predictable. The lady took me back to a meeting room and asked me several questions in SAR (situation/action/result) about my prior experience. It was pretty simple and took no more than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation regarding the pay

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

really hard to get job. Out of 7000 apps, they selected 300 folks. Web site is a nightmare. Must re-enter your information often. I think they purge the files. It is a tough position to get. The interview is a notice in the mail for a phone interview, they a computer interview, then a face to face, then another face to face, then a federal level background check, takes weeks for them to complete, then you get the AOK report for duty. Then training at a computer for next 4 weeks - intense! Then 3 assessment tests which are hard. If you do not pass one at a 85% or better, you are terminated on the spot! So, you are not officially hired unless you can pass the 3 assessment tests. They pay you - $10.21 per hour. You get 2 fifteen minute breaks and a 30 lunch. They keep very close track of your time - any screw-ups and its termination time. If you are into HEAVY stress, this is for you. You do get flight benefits, but at $10.21 an hour, you can fly somewhere, then what... The benefits are really good, but at $10.21 an hour, you cannot afford them.

Interview Questions

• want to know how good you are with difficult customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiation.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

Pretty much exactly what everyone else says here. Applied on-line. Received invitation for video interview. Attended Recruitment Session. There were approximately 90 people there. We were split into two groups. Only about 5 people were selected from our group. Overall, I had a very positive experience. i met a lot of great people and learned a lot about being a Flight Attendant. I knew going into it that they would be making their selections that day, but many people didn't know this. The recruitment team made it worse by continually mentioning that you would hear from them in 48 hrs. I think that is mean and misleading. When I left I knew I had not been selected but there were many people who went home and waited to hear from them. False hope. :-( And even worse, it took them longer than 48 hours. I was extremely disappointed to not receive an offer, but I couldn't feel too badly about it because they passed on many smart, well-spoken, personable, educated and experienced people. I was surprised at how many people did not follow the specific directions they give you regarding dress and appearance. When the recruitment center calls you, LISTEN CAREFULLY. They will tell you EXACTLY what to wear and how to fix your hair, make-up and nails. Everyone introduces themselves, including where you are from and then the qualities you think make a good FA. PRACTICE. I tried to stick to exactly what they asked for but i don't think it matters. They chose one person who just went on and on and thanked them and blah blah blah. I think they just want you to look comfortable talking in front of a group. Good luck! It is extremely competitive and though it sounds shallow, looks matter.

Interview Questions

• "What qualities does a good Flight Attendant have?"   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I interviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied in March! Received a phone call from a 00 number in August '14 and the representative asked if I were available for an interview the following week. I picked Thursday to give myself enough time to prepare myself in every way. I flew out to Phoenix, az and walked to the shuttle bus and met with other candidates we drove down the street to the facility signed in, showed passports dropped our belongings off did an overhead bin test (height requirements) watched videos of the merge with about 50 other ppl second classroom did the same we took a break. Watch another PowerPoint about FA life. Took a break. Introduced ourselves, where we flew from and what qualities makes a great FA took a break. Got broken up into groups did a group activity. If we crashed and had found 12 of the items listed number them based off of importance. Took lunch they called 2 ppl to do "paperwork" seen those two later on at the airport because one was on my flight back and the other had a late flight as well. And only ONE of the two who got called for one on one interviews got the job and two from the other group got the job so 3 of about 100 got the job.