US Airways Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.1

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in February 2015.

My experience was the same as everyone else's. I applied, got an email to set up a phone interview and I called for the interview. When the interview was over she said she wanted to set me up with a face-to-face interview, but there were not any appointments available and they would get in touch with me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me the about your last/most resent job. What did you like most and dislike most about last job. Tell me a time about a difficult customer. Tell me about a time you were sympathetic with a customer, but still had to put your own needs ahead of theirs. What would my previous/current employer say about me.
    It was an easy phone interview if you go into it prepared.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Airways

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

I applied online, about a week later i got an email to schedule a phone interview. I began doing additional research on the company. My phone interview was scheduled 2 weeks away, which i was not happy about ...so far away. Then 2 days after scheduling the phone interview the recruiter called and asked if its a good time to do the interview. He asked questions about my last 2 jobs and all questions focused on how i dealt with irate customer situations. He said i did well and tolf me to expect the senior recruiter to contact me, also to be patient. I knew they woulf be trying to fill a class so it may take a while. Currently waiting to be called.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

I first placed an application online and received a call a few days for phone interview. The questions were along the lines of what is your background in customer service. The entire call may have been less than 10 min. I was then offered to com in for a face to face interview.
    A week later I attended the in-person interview. There was approximately 50 or so people. We were given a hand out of general benefits, pay scale and looked a presentation about the company. Afterwards we were called in individually in no particular order for a one on one interview with a hiring manger. It was the same process as over the phone but it little more detailed questions about yourself and background of what you have done. Once that was completed I was given a unofficial offer letter and advised to go to another room to start filling out all the necessary paper work, fingerprinting,and I had to have on bring 2 forms of ID, Last 10 years employment history and Last 5 years residence addresses. After all that was complete I had to go to have a drug screening that same day. The whole process from start to finish moved very quickly. The background check seemed to take a little while longer than I expected but I would highly recommend applying it would be worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to handle an irate customer etc...   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

After filling out the online application a brief phone interview, I was invited to a large group interview. 60 or so applicants sat through a brief presentation and then where called back to another room for a one-on-one interview, lasting about 30 minutes. I was then told to expect to hear in two weeks if I was chosen for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions are based on the STAR format. Situation, Action, Result.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

Nightmare. I applied for three different positions with US Airways; 2 being part time and 1 being full time. I had a phone interview roughly 2 weeks after applying for the full time position and was told I would be moving on to the 1-1 interview. As with mostly everyone else, I had to wait for an appointment to open up for me to have a 1-1 interview. 2 months have gone by and I have been assigned no appointment. I call in almost everyday asking if any appointments have opened up, and I always am told that US Airways would contact me if anything opens up. Late last week I went online to check my application status, and I noticed the full time position had been changed to a part time position. In addition, I noticed that this same position was put in the archive category. I got in contact with US Airways support and it turns out the position I was waiting to have a 1-1 interview for was no longer available. This makes me pretty upset due to the fact that every time I call in to check on any available appointments for an in person interview, I am told that I am still being considered and someone will be in touch with me. Also, when I was in contact with US Airways support, the statuses they had taken note of for two of my applications I submitted were different than the statuses I saw on my career profile. Clearly there is some form of miscommunication going on and I'm not even an employee. If they can't communicate well during the hiring process, then what in the world would it be like once you work there.

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Filled out a very long application which included a 10 year work history. 1 week later recieved an email for me to have a phone interview. I was asked about 5 questions in the STAR format. I am typically really nervous about these type of interviews. I dont like them at all. Honestly cant remember too much of what was asked or what I said but it was good enough to move forward with the FTF interview. Which isn't until the end of January.

Interview Questions
    • What is your current position and why do you want to leave?   View Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

So far it has been an open house and a screening call to make it to the interview which I will have in two days. It is for the customer service agent position out of Greenville, SC. If I get the position then I will have three weeks of training either in Charlotte, NC, Philly or Phoenix, AZ. They fly you to and from each week, pay you your wage and give you a per diem. Not to shabby.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok with 8.50 an hour? To this I had to say yes, because not only do you have unlimited standby flying time, so does your family and some extended family.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in June 2014.

Applied online, after a month I got a call for a phone interview. Passed the phone interview and was invited to a f2f interview two weeks later. The interview was at Oakland airport with two people. They both asked simple questions about my work history and past experience. I believe the interview went really good since I knew what to expect from past airport interviews. It has almost been two months and still have not heard anything. I check online and my profile still says under review. I have not received a rejection email so I don't know what to expect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

filled out the application and got an email to call a number for an on phone interview. Completed the interview and they offered me a in person interview the next week. attended the group interview session and they talked to us about the position and then began to interview us individually. i passed the interview and they offered me a position, now i am waiting for all of my background checks to get throught

no negotiation

Customer Service Agent Interview

Vetted by computer first.

N/A