US Airways

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details – I went to a large group interview when i saw an add in the paper that this companu was hiring. They told us a little about the company and showed some videos and then did both group and one on one interviews. Just be honest and friendly and prepared for the interview. Have a good resume ready.

Negotiation Details – Everyone gets the same offer in the begining.

Philadelphia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at US Airways in November 2011.

Interview Details – It was a one on one interview with the manager the interview was brief she asked me a few customer service related questions. The interview seemed that it went great. At the end she said I would hear from them in a few weeks. A few weeks went and past and I had to call back to HR to get a response. About a day after I got an email saying they went with another candidate, its a little fishy if you ask me...

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to go against company policy to please a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details – Was a lengthy phone interview than followed up by 2 in person interviews. The in person interviews were with 1 manager. The 2nd inperson interview was followed with a 3 person panel interview. Both took about 1 hour. The interviews were done in a professional manner and no real surprises.

Interview Question – What would you do if someone started screaming at you in front of a large public crowd?   Answer Question

Customer Service

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at US Airways in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of an initial phone call to tell me what time to arrive at the airport and to dress appropriately. Then everyone US Airways was interested in interviewing met at the airport at the exact same time. They called each person 1 at a time, and you were asked questions in front of all of the managers and supervisors. I was called the next morning and was asked to have fingerprints taken, a drug test, and fill out paperwork for a background check. You also have to go to a ramp class for a week where they teach you about the job, and how to specifically do things. The job offer was contingent on me passing all of those. At an express location, you have to be able to lift up to 70lbs. Management is looking for people who are willing to work, can work together very well as a team, you must be aware of the fact that you will be working every weekend, that the hours you're scheduled to work mean nothing if a plane is delayed. You have to wait to leave until the plane arrives. The people are nice, helpful if you ask them for help, and are willing to show you how to do things, but expect you to know what they taught in the ramp class.

Interview Question – Tell me a time of when you were not getting along with a co-worker and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are not willing to negotiate at all.

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!