US Airways Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

Interview

Just had f2f interview in Dallas. Of course, everyone that was there (31 of us total) had studied glassdoor - i'm here to tell you they have finally changed up the interview process! Let me start by saying, our host was very funny and nice, and I absolutely loved all of the people that came. Every person in the room would have made a great flight attendant. When you first get there, you meet in the lobby and we all talked for about an hour. Then you go to the meeting room, where you sign in and meet the panel that you will be working with that day. There were five tables set up, and you sit at one (the rest of the people will be your 'group' throughout the day).. We then had an ice breaker, which is a group project - you have to write three things you and all of the people at your table have in common, and then one fact about yourself that no one would expect. You and your group then get up in front of the room and read someone else's fact about themselves, and the other groups in the room have to guess who really wrote that fact. It was really fun and interesting to learn about everyone else in the room, and also makes you feel relaxed with everyone else! Then you have a break. After the break, you go to an interview room with about 5-6 other people and two panel members. That was probably the most awkward part, only because you all have to answer the same three questions, and you don't really want to give the same answer as the person in front of you, but theres really only so many different ways to say the same thing. Anyway, then you all go back to the room and watch a powerpoint on US Airways/AA merge and details about the job. Then they start "saying their goodbyes" - They call everyone out one by one, in no particular order. I know the girl they called first, did get offered the job, and the girl they called after her did not.. So, there was no real order - they would either escort you down the hall and to the shuttle while thanking you for your time, or take you into another room - do an individual interview and take fingerprints. I hope this helps! Best of luck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Airways

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Airways.

Interview

US Airways/ American really makes you feel comfortable and "at home". They make you feel welcome and make sure you know they appreciate your time. I interviewed on Thursday- I wore a black skirt suit, light make up, and my hair was pulled in a sleek bun. Arrived at noon and started with an ice breaker-There was only other 20 candidates in the room. After a short break you do a group interview that is professional yet relaxed. Following that is a presentation on the company and FA duties. The day ended by having a member of the staff walk you out and ensure your contact information was correct. The process from start to finish was about 4 hours. I had hoped to be selected but they sent me on my way saying they would email with results. I believe that if you were selected, you stayed behind for a background check and to be finger -printed. It's hard to tell what they're looking for. Overall it was a positive experience despite the fact that I was not hired. No "homework" was necessary although I did do some research on the company before hand. No reach test, no language test, and questions about visible tattoos were not asked.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities that make a great flight attendant?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways.

Interview

I went to the f2f in Dallas recently.The interview process is pretty similar to what everyone else already mention. At the end some people stayed for fingerprinted. There were some people who did very well in the interview and were dressed properly but did not get fingerprinted. However, people that were not dressed properly did get fingerprinted. I actually felt bad for people that should have got the position and they didn't.It is pretty unclear for what exactly they are looking for. You can go and do a great job for the interview and not get chosen.I feel that there needs to be more diversity in the people that do the hiring. Also,there needs to be more diversity in the candidates that are chosen for the position.Its 2015 and the company itself needs to REALLY represent the diverse group of customers they serve.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied in December and did a video interview about a week after. Didn't schedule the group interview until March. It was a group interview. Started with a "getting to know you" activity similar to ones colleges have you do the first week in a dorm. After that we were separated into groups and taken to another room where we were asked 3 questions. I don't understand how you can evaluate a person based on 3 questions. Wear hair up ans stockings ladies!!

Interview Questions

• Pageant style question where you pick a card, read it and answer in a minute.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

This will be my second time applying at the f2f interview for the flt position. The first time which was back in April I received an email with the video interview where they asked you about 6 questions and your past work experience.....why do you want to be a flt attendant? What precious work experience do you have in the customer service industry? Name a time you had excellent customer service and what made it memorable? Name a time you dealt with an irate customer and how did you turn it in to a positive? A few days after the video interview I received a call asking if I wanted to be flown out for a f2f HECK YES!!! One I arrived at the airport there was a shuttle that picked all of the candidate up and they took up to the recruiting center we checked in and we're given name tags...everyone was super friendly they took us in a room where we were introduced to some flt attendant reps it was really exciting but kind of nerve wrecking at the same time...to be in the room of about 60-70 people and about 10 us airway managers..etc standing all around the room. We watched a short video and then we stood up one by one to introduce ourselves..we had 1 minute to give 3 qualities of a flt attendant going in aphabetical order....I was first!! So I was completely nervous I started off good and then I froze and started rambling after that uugghhhhh!!!! After everyone was finished they put us in groups of 4 and we had to work together and put things in order of importance...scenario was the plane had crashed and we had to grab things we thought we needed well my group won and i was super excited we went to lunch and when we came back the rep thanked us all for coming and called out about 7 names and the rest of us took a shuttle back to the airport I must say it was an experience I just did t understand why so many of us were called in to interview and they only selected a hand full good thing is I've since applied again and are flying out to Dallas in the morning for ANOTHER f2f and i am a lot more prepared than I was!!! So wish me luck!!!!

Interview Questions

• Give 3 qualities of a flt attendant (you have 1 minute to answer) Or why do you want to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

We were told there were 244K applicants that applied and about 50 of us were chosen for the interview. First they greeted us and had an ice breaker exercise where you had to guess something particular about a person not in your group. Then they called out about 7 of us to go into a room with two Representatives. We had to get up and answer three questions which were not difficult but a bit awkward because it was in-front of everyone. The first two were the same for everyone and the third one was selected out of a deck. After that we watched a video about the airlines then they came in and called everyone out one by one and escorted them to the shuttle. I personally did not get offered a job and neither was anyone waiting for the shuttle. The people called out first were not out waiting for the shuttle and presumably offered positions. They tell you that you would get a letter anywhere from 3 days to two weeks after interview. One gentleman said that if you are not offered a position today that it is a possibility you can still get the job because they will go back through the videos. Overall the interview process was not bad at all. It was a great experience for me and help me to prepare for the next time. Which I am going on very soon with a different airline. Good luck to everyone in there efforts just keep persevering. EXCELSIOR!!!

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be one of the biggest challenges facing a flight attendant? Why do you want to become a flight attendant? What was the proudest moment in your job career?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Interview

Applied in early January, 2014 and about a month later was invited to a video interview. Five questions total; a few of which were: Why do you want to become a flight attendant? and Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer. About six months after the video interview, I was invited to a F2F interview in Dallas, TX. It was a group of about 16 candidates, the process began with being broken down into three groups of 5-6 people and we did a group project to get to know each other better, followed by a group interview with three people, and after that we were called for a one on one and if you were chosen for training they brought you in to be fingerprinted.

Interview Questions

• If you were to hire a flight attendant, what qualities would you look for and why?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

Interview

Applied in October of 2014 and missed the 1st online interview. Was then emailed again in January 2015 for the online video interview and completed it. Now in March 2015 I have been selected to fly to Dallas for a group interview and that is all so far.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked as team to achieve a common goal and what you learned from it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have not been offered a job yet

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Interview

Applied in September. Was invited to do a video interview right away. These were mostly basic interview questions. There isn't someone actually interviewing you, you're basically just speaking into the camera. About a month later I was called for a face to face interview at their training center in Dallas, TX. I was flown out there about a month after that. When I arrived at the training center, a group of about twenty five people were taken into a room where we played a nice breaker and we're introduced to the people who would be interviewing us. The ice breaker was really used to show that we were capable of working together as a group. After that we were broken up into different groups of about five people and were taken back for a group interview. They asked us a total of five questions. Most of it was about our customer service experience and trying to find out what wee could bring to the table. After the group interview was over, we got back together to watch a presentation about the position and we're then taken back to fill out final paperwork. During this time we were then taken for one on one interviews. I was asked a few questions and was offered the position on the spot. I was really impressed with the facility, the interview process, and their professionalism.

Interview Questions

• If you could get involved with a community service organization in your area, what would it be and why?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

The process started with an online application. A few weeks later I was notified to do an online interview. It was a video and only took about 7 mins. the questions were your average interview questions. A couple months later, I was asked to come to Dallas for face to face interview.....I'm sitting in Dallas now waiting for the interview.....