US Airways Flight Attendant Interview Questions & Reviews

113 interviews

2.9

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

Pretty much exactly what everyone else says here. Applied on-line. Received invitation for video interview. Attended Recruitment Session. There were approximately 90 people there. We were split into two groups. Only about 5 people were selected from our group. Overall, I had a very positive experience. i met a lot of great people and learned a lot about being a Flight Attendant. I knew going into it that they would be making their selections that day, but many people didn't know this. The recruitment team made it worse by continually mentioning that you would hear from them in 48 hrs. I think that is mean and misleading. When I left I knew I had not been selected but there were many people who went home and waited to hear from them. False hope. :-( And even worse, it took them longer than 48 hours. I was extremely disappointed to not receive an offer, but I couldn't feel too badly about it because they passed on many smart, well-spoken, personable, educated and experienced people. I was surprised at how many people did not follow the specific directions they give you regarding dress and appearance. When the recruitment center calls you, LISTEN CAREFULLY. They will tell you EXACTLY what to wear and how to fix your hair, make-up and nails.

Everyone introduces themselves, including where you are from and then the qualities you think make a good FA. PRACTICE. I tried to stick to exactly what they asked for but i don't think it matters. They chose one person who just went on and on and thanked them and blah blah blah. I think they just want you to look comfortable talking in front of a group. Good luck! It is extremely competitive and though it sounds shallow, looks matter.

Interview Questions
  • "What qualities does a good Flight Attendant have?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Airways

Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

At the in person recruitment day, you should have prepared your one minute speech (you don't have to use up the whole time) about the qualities of a great flight attendant. I believe this is the determining factor. They want to see that you aren't nervous, can speak and present yourself professionally. It's not necessarily being super outgoing, you just need to have this comfort and calm in public speaking.

Some of the advice on here said to not stand out so much. Don't try so hard. But you can still be talkative. Three of the ladies that were picked chit chatted a lot. They were a little aggressive in the group activity.

It comes down to personality. There's just that something that the recruiters are looking for. Overall, confidence in public speaking is key.

Interview Questions
    • None at recruitment day since I wasn't picked to stay for one on one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

I was invited to interview in Charlotte, NC. It was a great experience and everyone was friendly and helpful. I met a lot of great people from all over the country! It started as a group interview, and they had us do a reach and jumpseat test. Then they gave us a plane crash scenario with a list of items to number most important to least. Then we watched a video about the merger with AA. Now it was the time to get up in front of everyone and introduce yourself, and what you think makes a good FA. (All in 60 seconds) I was so nervous, I started rambling about customer service and never made my point. I shouldn't have had any of the free Starbucks they offered us.. Now I know what NOT to do for my next interview!

Interview Questions
    • What quality do you think makes a good flight attendant?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

The process took about 6 weeks total. I turned in my resume and then I instantly received an email to take the video interview. These were common interview questions. Then I waited about 3 weeks and then I received a in person interview. My interview was in Charlotte. Since I was coming from Kansas I had to stay over night and the hotel is your own expense. The interview process is just like everyone says.

1. Do a sit and reach test (very easy)
    2. Watch a presentation on the new merger
    3. They have you speak in front of the group (about 45 to 55 people in my group)
            A. What qualities make a good flight attendant
    4. Then do a group exercise (Survival Crash)
            A. List of supplies have to rate each item based on the best use to help you survive.
            B. I know the lighter with no fluid was up there in the top 5 and I believe the yarn and canvas
            C. The results do not really matter but it always helps you to stand out when you win or get more correct.
    5. Then you have lunch and this is when they make there first cut.
    6. Then they do one on one interviews (they say they are holding those people back because they did not fill out some of the paperwork correctly or need more information from them) This is there way of saying these people need to fill out employment forms.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult but it might be nice for someone that received an offer to say what they said during their group question. (What qualities make a good flight attendant)   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at US Airways.

Filled out online application.
    Asked to complete video interview, was asked five questions for example: tell us about a time you had great customer service.

Haven't heard back from them at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had conflicts with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I will speak about the Charlotte interview process:

I was flown down to Charlotte the week of March 20th. I was extended an offer, but turned it down eventually. Here are my pointers:

1: keep your head up (literally). There is nothing on the floor, or ceiling, so always look forward. 2: Do NOT stand out. Don't try to be the shining star or the person who asks the most questions, etc, try to blend in. In the group exercise, don't be the leader, just give your opinion. *GROUP EXERCISE: #1 is the lighter with no fluid (bc even though it has no fluid it can still make a spark for a fire on the (#2) ball if steel! And (#3) can of Crisco keeps you warm! Along with (#4) extra clothes! *warmth is your #1 priority!... You're welcome! 3: do NOT make it a point to speak to every instructor and brown-nose. Speak more to the fellow interviewees. 4: SMILE!
    During the one-on-one interview, everything is very situational: "name a time when you were responsible for other people and something went wrong" "give an example of a time a customer was not happy, what did you learn?" STAR METHOD.

I eventually did not go through with training bc I was going to have to move. EVEN THOUGH they say you don't HAVE to move, you have to live in another city for 20 days out of the month. This did not fit with my lifestyle.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

You MUST move to another city, even though they tell you it is not required. (I'd say having to live in another city for 20/30 days of the month qualifies as moving)

Flight Attendant Interview

I upload my resume online and as soon as I did that I received an invitation for the online interview.
    Make sure you're dressed up as you would be on a real interview,smile and ladies wear make up. Hair must be in a bun. You have 5 questions and 60 sec to think between a question and your answer. The answers can be up to 3 min, but you can stop sooner. It's been more than 2 weeks and I'm waiting for an answer

Interview Questions
    • what did you learned from your previous job that would be usefull in this one   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

Applied online, received an email three weeks later offering me an interview. I flew to Charlotte and went through the process. It was exactly as previously said. First there was the reach test and jump seat test, then presentation of the company. A question and answer session after that. They broke us up; in groups for a survival scenario. After that we had lunch (disgusting) recruiters came in and dismissed everyone but those they needed " additional information " from. It was exactly as others have said. The recruiters were friendly, a few were maybe too enthusiastic but overall it was fine.

Interview Questions
    • There was no one on one interview so I was never asked personally a question.   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

I applied online and within a day or two received an email inviting me to do an online interview. The "video" interview has been discussed thoroughly in the above posts, and seeing as mine did not differ, I'll spare you the regurgitating of synonymous information. I thought the interview went pretty well, due in part because I had researched and conjured responses to the possible questions. It has been roughly 2 weeks since the interview so I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing, considering I have seen people say they got the "thanks but no thanks" shortly after but also others progressing to the face to face. So I guess it's just the good old waiting game for now.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the 5 questions asked rather trying or difficult...just being able to adjust to talking to a video screen took a little effort. Although I was dressed professional I felt like it was hard to tell with just the camera pointing at mainly my head and upper torso....it wasn't like I did a strut down the runway or a stop and twirl, so I hope that would be something they take into deeper consideration face to face as opposed to screen to screen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

The hiring process that I just recently experienced was by far the most non personal interview I have been to and in my opinion a waste of time. HR sent all this paper work that you were told that you needed to fill out and told me what to expect in the f2f interview. Almost nothing that I was told that were were going to do was done. I had and early flight to get there by 9am. Once I got to the trainning center they took us straight to the simulations area to do the reach test and the jump seat test. After that were went back in the room and were giving and overview of the company and what to expect. The next step were to introduce ourselves tell where were from and what we think makes a good flight attendant. The next step was to split into groups and do a project about a crash and see what items were most important in order. after that we had lunch. once lunch was over were they let everyone go and told us that we would all get an email within 48 hours to let us know what the next step would be. Out of 50 people they only asked one lady to stay back and talk to HR. They did not even do the one on one interview that they said they would do nor did they even take the paperwork that they told us to fill out and bring with us. Overall I feel like it was a complete waste of my day and time. If they company knew that they were only going to hire one person they should have not invited so many people to the interview. And if the rest of us did not get the job they could have at least did us the courtesy of telling us the truth first instead of being very secretive and shaking our hands as we walked out smiling and telling us to watch our email. I was just very shocked at the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There were not difficult questions because we were not even given the opportunity to do the one on one interview.   Answer Question

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!