US Airways Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.9

121 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Airways.

Was asked to come to the Charlotte headquarters and was with a large group. Probably around 75-100 people absolutely no one on one time with recruiters. one simple group activity. Was told someone would be in touch soon. Very disappointed in their lack of professionalism. Complete waste of time.

Other Interview Reviews for US Airways

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at US Airways.

You'll go through a presentation and then you will have to introduce yourself yourself, follow the instructions that they give you. Don't go over the time. They want to see that you're comfortable standing up and talking in front of a group. Make sure on your downtime you talk to everybody and talk to all of the recruiters. Do not take your cell phone. Following the presentation you will do a group activity. I think they're looking to see how you work in a group setting. Don't be too bossy don't be too pushy but don't be too quiet either. Lunch will come out and then you'll have more time to socialize with everybody make sure your seen being social. Following lunch in HR person will come this is when they're making the cut. If your name is called most likely they're bringing you to the curb. If you want of the lucky people to stay after then you will go into a face-to-face interview and your offer will be given to you on the spot. Good luck! Remember smile smile smile smile be social talk to everybody.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is really difficult just relax think about it and you'll be fine. If you're what they looking for then they will select you, remember a lot of really good people get turned down.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Airways.

I applied online then was asked to do the video interview the next day. I applied last Sunday and did the video interview on Tuesday because I wanted to be ready for it. I haven't heard anything back yet but I have my fingers crossed. I think if you don't get it you get the whole thanks but no thanks so I have my hopes up that its a good sign! They said 5 basic STAR interview questions, but at the time I didn't know about STAR so I just kind of rambled. It was after the interview I did the research and found this page. I'll repost if I hear back!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you didn't agree with what a co-worker did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

I applied online about 2 weeks ago and a few hours later got an email inviting me to do a web interview. I waited about 4 days to do it and within that time I got a reminder email. I did the web interview and am currently waiting on a response. Good luck everyone! :)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   View Answer
    • Are you able to adhere to a professional dress code?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an irate customer, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with a coworker, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What skills have you learned in your past work experience would relate to this position?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

Quite possibly the strangest "interview" process I have ever experienced. Everything is pretty much like the previous reviews. Introduce yourself in front of the group, do the group activity, etc. What I am adding to this is that I feel like it's a lucky shot to get selected. A couple of the four out of fifty or so people they asked to stay I was like, "huh?" based on how they introduced themselves. In other words, there were other people who I felt deserved to move forward over some of the people they chose. I think this is a mistake on their part. The lack of one on one interviews (admittedly, take time) in turn causes them to miss out on hiring some great people. So, bottom line, no way to figure out if you're what they want. At least the flight was free!
    The "our promise to you is that you will be notified within 48 hours..." is simply untrue. You'll get your tbnt email eventually. But if they don't ask you to stay, you aren't getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was expected as I read the reviews on here before my recruitment day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

The process went rather quickly. I applied online as soon as the window opened, received a invitation to complete a video interview, completed the video interview checked my status over and over for a couple of weeks. Then I recieved a call for my face to face. They flew me down to charlottle and there ended up being two groups of candidites. My group was the second group. No one was selected to stay back from my group. This suprised all of us and really upset a lot of the applicants. We had very very strong candidites in our group. We had a group of flight attendants who kind of put themselves off to the side witch I thought was a bad thing for them to do. But that's but my opinion. Then we had maybe five women who very real and very personable. I really loved meeting everyone it was a good way for me to get my feet wet in the flight attendant interview process. However I feel I did a great job during my intro and like I said, so did about five other applicants. Yet no one was pulled back. They lie to you and tell you that you will know of your status 24-48 hours from the day you have your f2f but let's face it everyone knew that day that we were not selected and I agree with everyone else. It's so unprofessional and in settling the way us air does the selection. You can't really base someone off 60 seconds. However it was a lovely group of people!

UPDATE: A week after my F2F as we already knew NONE of our group got selected. Its is so disappointing and really unprofessional that they lie to your face however, I'm the type of person that believes that everything happiness for a reason and I will apply again in 6 months if I feel at that time that US Air/AA is the place for me! Good luck to everyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

Pretty much exactly what everyone else says here. Applied on-line. Received invitation for video interview. Attended Recruitment Session. There were approximately 90 people there. We were split into two groups. Only about 5 people were selected from our group. Overall, I had a very positive experience. i met a lot of great people and learned a lot about being a Flight Attendant. I knew going into it that they would be making their selections that day, but many people didn't know this. The recruitment team made it worse by continually mentioning that you would hear from them in 48 hrs. I think that is mean and misleading. When I left I knew I had not been selected but there were many people who went home and waited to hear from them. False hope. :-( And even worse, it took them longer than 48 hours. I was extremely disappointed to not receive an offer, but I couldn't feel too badly about it because they passed on many smart, well-spoken, personable, educated and experienced people. I was surprised at how many people did not follow the specific directions they give you regarding dress and appearance. When the recruitment center calls you, LISTEN CAREFULLY. They will tell you EXACTLY what to wear and how to fix your hair, make-up and nails.

Everyone introduces themselves, including where you are from and then the qualities you think make a good FA. PRACTICE. I tried to stick to exactly what they asked for but i don't think it matters. They chose one person who just went on and on and thanked them and blah blah blah. I think they just want you to look comfortable talking in front of a group. Good luck! It is extremely competitive and though it sounds shallow, looks matter.

Interview Questions
    • "What qualities does a good Flight Attendant have?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

Applied in March! Received a phone call from a 00 number in August '14 and the representative asked if I were available for an interview the following week. I picked Thursday to give myself enough time to prepare myself in every way. I flew out to Phoenix, az and walked to the shuttle bus and met with other candidates we drove down the street to the facility signed in, showed passports dropped our belongings off did an overhead bin test (height requirements) watched videos of the merge with about 50 other ppl second classroom did the same we took a break. Watch another PowerPoint about FA life. Took a break. Introduced ourselves, where we flew from and what qualities makes a great FA took a break. Got broken up into groups did a group activity. If we crashed and had found 12 of the items listed number them based off of importance. Took lunch they called 2 ppl to do "paperwork" seen those two later on at the airport because one was on my flight back and the other had a late flight as well. And only ONE of the two who got called for one on one interviews got the job and two from the other group got the job so 3 of about 100 got the job.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

At the in person recruitment day, you should have prepared your one minute speech (you don't have to use up the whole time) about the qualities of a great flight attendant. I believe this is the determining factor. They want to see that you aren't nervous, can speak and present yourself professionally. It's not necessarily being super outgoing, you just need to have this comfort and calm in public speaking.

Some of the advice on here said to not stand out so much. Don't try so hard. But you can still be talkative. Three of the ladies that were picked chit chatted a lot. They were a little aggressive in the group activity.

It comes down to personality. There's just that something that the recruiters are looking for. Overall, confidence in public speaking is key.

Interview Questions
    • None at recruitment day since I wasn't picked to stay for one on one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

I applied and was asked to give a video interview two days later. The video interview wasn't bad at all in my opinion it was pretty easy. They asked questions such as how do you handle a difficult co-worker? A couple of months later I was asked to attend a recruitment session in Charlotte,NC. I was prepared to give my 1 minute speech, wore my high heels for the reach test, they also wanted you to work in group for a simulated crash. The thing that surprised me most was they ask all the women to take off their shoes for the reach test. When I didn't pass the reach test I asked how far was the emergency equipment in the cabin? Both flight attendants pretty much ignored me. One FA said she's not sure how far back the equipment was. This response surprised me because in an emergency situation why would the equipment be so far back in the luggage cabin?? And in the year 2014 what is the need to ask women to take their shoes off?? Especially when they can wear high heels. I'm 4'11 and a 100 pounds, so I didn't think height would be an issue. I highly doubt in an emergency situation an FA will have their shoes off!!!. If height was a requirement then they should state that in the requirements. The reach test was what really upset me because I didn't even get a chance to go through the full interview process. I guess my word to the ladies is be prepared to take your shoes off.

Interview Questions

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!