US Airways

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

128 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

On the internet i saw that us airways is in need of flight attendants, so i applied and 8 days later i was invited to do the online interview. The email told me that i had 5 days to complete the online interview. I ended up doing the interview on the last day available because i was just busy. I was a little nervous and didn't really know what to expect from the online interview. I prepared questions that i could be possibly asked and I'm glad i did because it came in handy. the first part of the online interview was you have to fill out some questions bases if you are eligible to work in the states and other questions like that. then the page loads and you have to set up your camera and your mic to make sure it works. After the set up it ask if you are ready to start the interview, and it lets you know that the question will be repeated twice and you have 30 sec to think about your answer then the recording will start automatically and you have up to 3 min for your answer. There was a total of 6 questions. the questions were the following. this is what i remember, its not word for word.
What attracted you to flight attending position and what do you know about our corporation?
What previous work in the customer service industry that can help you benefit to be hired as a flight attendant?
name a time when you had outstanding customer service and what made it memorable?
name one of the most difficult team experience and what you learned from it?
being that us airways has multiple bases, if you were to be relocated to a new base, what excites you with moving to a new city immediately following training?
Proffesional image is important, are you able to adhere to the policy if selected (i.e no piercing, visible tattoos, crazy hair)

So now i just have to wait and hear back from them.

Other Interview Reviews for US Airways

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

F2F:
    Dark blazer, non-tight skirt/pants, blouse, black heels, hair up, light makeup. Suit for men.

Group: W/ 4 or 5 other people, write a unique quality about yourself. Make it reflect your work ability! Smile, don’t be bossy, work with your team to get answers for the other groups. Bossy/overbearing people will not make the cut!

Different group: What made you apply for this position? Make it about desire to service guests, flexibility and that you have a warm, enthusiastic personality.

Be confident in your answers!

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied online.A few weeks later I got a email for invited recorded video interview.I could practice before I start.They asked 6 questions,they gave me little time to think then took video interview.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online Oct 8 and received invite for video interview Oct 21. I completed video 2 days later and now I am waiting for response. Interview was fair but can be a piece of cake if u brush up on yr behavioral questions. Sure hope i get called for f2f soon.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation with your team members, how you handled it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the time you received excellent customer service?

What would be exciting about moving to a new city?
        Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied in March, then received an invitation a few days later to complete a video interview. After that I didn't hear back from them for about 4 months. Up until August they called me to schedule an interview in Arizona. The scheduling was a bit confusing because they said my interview started before my flight arrived. So, I had to call to straighten things out. The people that took care of me were very helpful and nice. I got to the interview and there were about 60-70 people. They split us up in half, showed a bunch of videos, and had us do the reach test. Then, they had us go up one by one to say our name, where we are from, and why we thing we would be a good flight attendant. It was only a minute long. That was the only part where we actually had the chance to speak. We then did a group project. After that, they went out for a while, came back and told everyone they would be in contact through email. They, then asked if 7 people could stay, obviously they were the chosen ones and we weren't. It was a good experience though, even if I felt like that one minute interview was not sufficient enough to choose a flight attendant.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

Was asked to come to the Charlotte headquarters and was with a large group. Probably around 75-100 people absolutely no one on one time with recruiters. one simple group activity. Was told someone would be in touch soon. Very disappointed in their lack of professionalism. Complete waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at US Airways.

You'll go through a presentation and then you will have to introduce yourself yourself, follow the instructions that they give you. Don't go over the time. They want to see that you're comfortable standing up and talking in front of a group. Make sure on your downtime you talk to everybody and talk to all of the recruiters. Do not take your cell phone. Following the presentation you will do a group activity. I think they're looking to see how you work in a group setting. Don't be too bossy don't be too pushy but don't be too quiet either. Lunch will come out and then you'll have more time to socialize with everybody make sure your seen being social. Following lunch in HR person will come this is when they're making the cut. If your name is called most likely they're bringing you to the curb. If you want of the lucky people to stay after then you will go into a face-to-face interview and your offer will be given to you on the spot. Good luck! Remember smile smile smile smile be social talk to everybody.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is really difficult just relax think about it and you'll be fine. If you're what they looking for then they will select you, remember a lot of really good people get turned down.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied online then was asked to do the video interview the next day. I applied last Sunday and did the video interview on Tuesday because I wanted to be ready for it. I haven't heard anything back yet but I have my fingers crossed. I think if you don't get it you get the whole thanks but no thanks so I have my hopes up that its a good sign! They said 5 basic STAR interview questions, but at the time I didn't know about STAR so I just kind of rambled. It was after the interview I did the research and found this page. I'll repost if I hear back!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you didn't agree with what a co-worker did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

I applied online about 2 weeks ago and a few hours later got an email inviting me to do a web interview. I waited about 4 days to do it and within that time I got a reminder email. I did the web interview and am currently waiting on a response. Good luck everyone! :)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   View Answer
    • Are you able to adhere to a professional dress code?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an irate customer, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with a coworker, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What skills have you learned in your past work experience would relate to this position?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

Quite possibly the strangest "interview" process I have ever experienced. Everything is pretty much like the previous reviews. Introduce yourself in front of the group, do the group activity, etc. What I am adding to this is that I feel like it's a lucky shot to get selected. A couple of the four out of fifty or so people they asked to stay I was like, "huh?" based on how they introduced themselves. In other words, there were other people who I felt deserved to move forward over some of the people they chose. I think this is a mistake on their part. The lack of one on one interviews (admittedly, take time) in turn causes them to miss out on hiring some great people. So, bottom line, no way to figure out if you're what they want. At least the flight was free!
    The "our promise to you is that you will be notified within 48 hours..." is simply untrue. You'll get your tbnt email eventually. But if they don't ask you to stay, you aren't getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was expected as I read the reviews on here before my recruitment day.   Answer Question