US Airways

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details – My interview process was job specific it wasn't a campus interview and they pretty much asked about all the technical level details of the job, whether I had those skills to do the job. and some behavioral questions like tell me about yourself

Interview Question – No such unexpected questions but basic excel skills questions were there   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the pay scale is pretty much fixed and cant be negotiated as much

Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Airways in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very straight forward. Very relaxed. Be honest if you don't know about aircraft.m I didn't know anything, but I had enthusiasm. They want spunk. Show how hard you are willing to work (and don't be desperate).

Ask lots of questions about how the airline runs. Look excited. Be excited.

Interview Question – When did you have a disagreement with a manager and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews after applied online. The first round was pretty basic, like why interested in the company/position, knowledge of airline industry. The second round was discussing about the revenue management project, like parameters to be considered.

Interview Question – How to decide the size of an airline company   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for a Financial Analysis Internship, after a 30 minute phone interview the person interviewing me told me it was more of an accounting interview and that I didn't have the qualifications for it. The job posting and the position I was interview for were TOTALLY different, very unprofessional

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at US Airways in December 2010.

Interview Details – There were several months in between when I applied for the position on line and when I received a call requesting an interview. After that though, the process moved fairly quickly. The interview itself consisted of many behavioral questions, and although it was very structured, it wasn't intimidating. I only had to wait about 2 weeks to hear back, which was pretty good considering the holidays were going on here. Overall I was pleased with the process, my interviewers were very friendly and approachable! They were more than willing to answer all of my questions as well.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time in which you were investigating a problem, and through your investigation you discovered that the problem was not what you had originally thought.   Answer Question

Intern

The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Airways in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed with director of revenue accounting about 10 interview questions. Learn as much about the company as you can before your interview. Show them what can you do for the company. Make a list of those questions you anticipate they might ask you and decide how you will answer these questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Airways

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Airways Intern interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Airways employees and interview candidates.