US Airways

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied on our career website at school. They called me for a short phone interview and then invited me to an interview. It was a 30 min. interview. They called me back a few weeks later saying I got the offer. Both interviewers were very nice and they called me half way through my decision making to see if they could be of any more assistance.

Interview Questions
  • The only technical question was what would be the factors of me ordering pens.   Answer Question

I got a better offer elsewhere

Other Interview Reviews for US Airways

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

I got a phone interview with senior engineer. No behavior questions were asked. All about general aviation knowledge, the company and some technical questions. Pretty easy atmosphere. Nice interviewer.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

My interview process was job specific it wasn't a campus interview and they pretty much asked about all the technical level details of the job, whether I had those skills to do the job. and some behavioral questions like tell me about yourself

Interview Questions
    • No such unexpected questions but basic excel skills questions were there   Answer Question
    the pay scale is pretty much fixed and cant be negotiated as much

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in February 2013.

I had 2 phone interviews after applied online. The first round was pretty basic, like why interested in the company/position, knowledge of airline industry. The second round was discussing about the revenue management project, like parameters to be considered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in July 2011.

Applied for a Financial Analysis Internship, after a 30 minute phone interview the person interviewing me told me it was more of an accounting interview and that I didn't have the qualifications for it. The job posting and the position I was interview for were TOTALLY different, very unprofessional

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at US Airways in December 2010.

There were several months in between when I applied for the position on line and when I received a call requesting an interview. After that though, the process moved fairly quickly. The interview itself consisted of many behavioral questions, and although it was very structured, it wasn't intimidating. I only had to wait about 2 weeks to hear back, which was pretty good considering the holidays were going on here. Overall I was pleased with the process, my interviewers were very friendly and approachable! They were more than willing to answer all of my questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you were investigating a problem, and through your investigation you discovered that the problem was not what you had originally thought.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Airways in May 2010.

Very straight forward. Very relaxed. Be honest if you don't know about aircraft.m I didn't know anything, but I had enthusiasm. They want spunk. Show how hard you are willing to work (and don't be desperate).

Ask lots of questions about how the airline runs. Look excited. Be excited.

Interview Questions
    • When did you have a disagreement with a manager and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Intern Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at US Airways in May 2011.

I was interviewed with director of revenue accounting about 10 interview questions. Learn as much about the company as you can before your interview. Show them what can you do for the company. Make a list of those questions you anticipate they might ask you and decide how you will answer these questions.