US Airways Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online Oct 8 and received invite for video interview Oct 21. I completed video 2 days later and now I am waiting for response. Interview was fair but can be a piece of cake if u brush up on yr behavioral questions. Sure hope i get called for f2f soon.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation with your team members, how you handled it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the time you received excellent customer service?

What would be exciting about moving to a new city?
        Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied in March, then received an invitation a few days later to complete a video interview. After that I didn't hear back from them for about 4 months. Up until August they called me to schedule an interview in Arizona. The scheduling was a bit confusing because they said my interview started before my flight arrived. So, I had to call to straighten things out. The people that took care of me were very helpful and nice. I got to the interview and there were about 60-70 people. They split us up in half, showed a bunch of videos, and had us do the reach test. Then, they had us go up one by one to say our name, where we are from, and why we thing we would be a good flight attendant. It was only a minute long. That was the only part where we actually had the chance to speak. We then did a group project. After that, they went out for a while, came back and told everyone they would be in contact through email. They, then asked if 7 people could stay, obviously they were the chosen ones and we weren't. It was a good experience though, even if I felt like that one minute interview was not sufficient enough to choose a flight attendant.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

Was asked to come to the Charlotte headquarters and was with a large group. Probably around 75-100 people absolutely no one on one time with recruiters. one simple group activity. Was told someone would be in touch soon. Very disappointed in their lack of professionalism. Complete waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at US Airways.

You'll go through a presentation and then you will have to introduce yourself yourself, follow the instructions that they give you. Don't go over the time. They want to see that you're comfortable standing up and talking in front of a group. Make sure on your downtime you talk to everybody and talk to all of the recruiters. Do not take your cell phone. Following the presentation you will do a group activity. I think they're looking to see how you work in a group setting. Don't be too bossy don't be too pushy but don't be too quiet either. Lunch will come out and then you'll have more time to socialize with everybody make sure your seen being social. Following lunch in HR person will come this is when they're making the cut. If your name is called most likely they're bringing you to the curb. If you want of the lucky people to stay after then you will go into a face-to-face interview and your offer will be given to you on the spot. Good luck! Remember smile smile smile smile be social talk to everybody.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is really difficult just relax think about it and you'll be fine. If you're what they looking for then they will select you, remember a lot of really good people get turned down.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied on our career website at school. They called me for a short phone interview and then invited me to an interview. It was a 30 min. interview. They called me back a few weeks later saying I got the offer. Both interviewers were very nice and they called me half way through my decision making to see if they could be of any more assistance.

Interview Questions
    • The only technical question was what would be the factors of me ordering pens.   Answer Question

I got a better offer elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

I applied online about 2 weeks ago and a few hours later got an email inviting me to do a web interview. I waited about 4 days to do it and within that time I got a reminder email. I did the web interview and am currently waiting on a response. Good luck everyone! :)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   View Answer
    • Are you able to adhere to a professional dress code?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an irate customer, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with a coworker, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What skills have you learned in your past work experience would relate to this position?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied online then was asked to do the video interview the next day. I applied last Sunday and did the video interview on Tuesday because I wanted to be ready for it. I haven't heard anything back yet but I have my fingers crossed. I think if you don't get it you get the whole thanks but no thanks so I have my hopes up that its a good sign! They said 5 basic STAR interview questions, but at the time I didn't know about STAR so I just kind of rambled. It was after the interview I did the research and found this page. I'll repost if I hear back!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you didn't agree with what a co-worker did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

The process went rather quickly. I applied online as soon as the window opened, received a invitation to complete a video interview, completed the video interview checked my status over and over for a couple of weeks. Then I recieved a call for my face to face. They flew me down to charlottle and there ended up being two groups of candidites. My group was the second group. No one was selected to stay back from my group. This suprised all of us and really upset a lot of the applicants. We had very very strong candidites in our group. We had a group of flight attendants who kind of put themselves off to the side witch I thought was a bad thing for them to do. But that's but my opinion. Then we had maybe five women who very real and very personable. I really loved meeting everyone it was a good way for me to get my feet wet in the flight attendant interview process. However I feel I did a great job during my intro and like I said, so did about five other applicants. Yet no one was pulled back. They lie to you and tell you that you will know of your status 24-48 hours from the day you have your f2f but let's face it everyone knew that day that we were not selected and I agree with everyone else. It's so unprofessional and in settling the way us air does the selection. You can't really base someone off 60 seconds. However it was a lovely group of people!

UPDATE: A week after my F2F as we already knew NONE of our group got selected. Its is so disappointing and really unprofessional that they lie to your face however, I'm the type of person that believes that everything happiness for a reason and I will apply again in 6 months if I feel at that time that US Air/AA is the place for me! Good luck to everyone

Customer Service Agent Interview

So far it has been an open house and a screening call to make it to the interview which I will have in two days. It is for the customer service agent position out of Greenville, SC. If I get the position then I will have three weeks of training either in Charlotte, NC, Philly or Phoenix, AZ. They fly you to and from each week, pay you your wage and give you a per diem. Not to shabby.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok with 8.50 an hour? To this I had to say yes, because not only do you have unlimited standby flying time, so does your family and some extended family.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

I just wanted to share my experience with interviewing for US Airways. Went to the interview in Charlotte NC 9/26/2014. Some things i have read on here are correct, but some were a little off. Arrived at 820am..was about 80-90 people there. Everyone extremely nice and polite. The recruiters gave the entire group a very detailed description of the job, salary and training and interview process. We were then given the opportunity to ask questions about the job. Next, they partnered everyone with another candidate and gave us15 minutes to find out about the person and what would make them a good flight attendant. We then introduced our partner in front of the group. The recruiters sat in the back. I think they were looking at the way we spoke to the crowd, our appearance and dress. We then took a break for about 15-20 minutes max while the recruiters discussed who they would like to stay for the remainder of the interview. Came back together as a group and they read names of about 20-25 people they invited to stay to complete a face to face interview. Myself included (YAYYY). We completed a questionaire and a mock customer complaint to see how we would answer. Then called back in one by one to complete the f2f interview. We did not interview with all the recruiters, just one...one on one. After the f2f interview the recruiter advised we should receive an email within the next couple of weeks advising whether or not we will be offered a position and invited to training. When exiting we had to show ID, SSCard and Passport.

I am waiting now for an email. Great experience!!

Interview Questions
    • Why makes me flexible enough to handle a flight attendant position?   Answer Question