US Airways Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC) in April 2008.

Interview

difficult, they ask a lot regarding customer service situation and how we do react. 3 persons do the interview. about 15 questions. they focus a lot you as customer service agent, you experience with oder companies. But they never give you a feedback.And thats its bad.

Interview Questions

• tell us how did you deal with a very difficult passenger   Answer Question
    • give a exemple how did you handle a very difficult situation   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Airways in July 2009.

Interview

The interviewer was not very pleasant to talk to and often interrupted me. The initial interview was by phone and I was not extended an offer to interview in person with local management. Already phone interviews are awkward, but this one was the most difficult I've ever faced because it was so dry and didn't allow for a more conversational tone. The interviewer seemed to want more concise answers, no introduction - just straight to the point!

Interview Questions

• What is one example when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Pricing/Yield Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

Horrible experience. US Airways' pricing/revenue management staff live up to the company's abominable reputation. No one was friendly at all and not a single person had the courtesy to offer me water or allow me to use the restroom in an interview that lasted over 4 hours. The entire interview process is as follows: If you pass the initial screening phone interview, you will be invited to fly to the company's headquarters. The final interview then consists of: 3 sets of interviews, each with 2 pricing/yield management senior analysts or managers and each lasts 30-45 minutes, a 45-minute probability/basic math exam, and 1-hour lunch with one of the junior analysts in the department. If you want a job with some of the rudest, most unintelligent and disinterested people in the airline industry, then apply to US Airways. No wonder the company continues to struggle attracting top talent and has one of the worst employee turnover rates.

Interview Questions

• What are some factors to consider when launching a new route and pricing flights assigned to this route?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time in which you faced a conflict in the workplace and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

FA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

As like any FA position. Aplication, Invitation, group interview, one on one. And the best people are turned down. You never know what they are looking for. Regardless if you have a FA experience.

low pay

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

This was the most stressful strenuous, nerve-wrecking experience I've ever gone through. But so worth it in the end. Only 2 of us made it out of the 40 that interviewed. Remember to stay cool, calm, and confident. Don't over do it. If you have a great smile and personality, you will stand out without doing much. Stay confident in your speech and remember to work the room. Make each recruiter recognize you and make eye contact. There really isn't a true method to get it. They know what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• With American & Delta hiring now, why did I choose USAirway?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I submitted my online application at the end of January and then completed the video interview about 2 weeks later. About a month later (Mid-March), I received an invitation to the recruitment event or in-person interview. I attended the March 21st interview, and here are the details: 1. I arrived to the Charlotte training center a little before 9:00am, was given a name tag and led to the dining hall where all the candidates were waiting. During that time, the recruiters went around and checked us all in. By the time all the candidates arrived, we were about 70 in total. 2. They split us into 2 groups, had us drop off our stuff at our respective classroom and then led us to the airplane simulation room for the jumpseat and overhead bin tests. 3. When we returned to the classrooms, the recruiters introduced themselves and gave a brief presentation on US Airways, the FA position and a video about the US Airways-American merger. 4. Then, they had us make timed 1-minute introductions giving our name, where we were coming from and an response to the following question,"What 3 qualities should an exceptional flight attendant have?" They were pretty strict about timing (raising their hand or stopping people when the time was up), so it is important to rehearse your elevator speech ahead of time. It seems they preferred complete, thorough answers so as to assess how well we follow directions and express ourselves. I also recommend thanking US Airways for the opportunity and shouting out to fellow candidates, "Good Luck" or "Thanks for sharing in this crazy experience with me" just creates for a more supportive, fun environment. 5. After introductions, we were divided into groups of 4-5 persons and given a plane crash scenario where we had to rank 12 items in terms of their use and aid for our survival. People tend to get nervous here and try to outshadow, talk over or direct the group; however, I recommend playing a more supportive or organizational role: emphasize priorities, keep the group on task, encourage input from everyone. I was by far not "leading" the group, so I just took the opportunities to show my engagement-second/compliment others' contributions, nod, actively engage during the follow-up explanation. I think ultimately that mattered more, how positively we engage with the other candidates and recruiters. 6. After that activity, lunch was served and the recruiters all left, I suppose to deliberate! Lunch was really good-a few different salads to choose from. That was the first time actually that an airline (I have interviewed with 3 other airlines) ever served me lunch at an interview, which I thought was very nice and considerate. 7. After lunch, the recruiters returned to the classrooms and announced that the interview had concluded, that everyone would have to leave now and that they'd get back to us within a week. Then, at the very end just as we began to pick up our things and head out, they said they needed a few individuals to stay for a bit longer to review paperwork. There were maybe 8-10 of us left in our classroom and I suspect another 8-10 left in the other classroom. 8. After everyone left, they took us to other rooms to conduct the 1-on-1 interviews. The 1-on-1 interview was fairly intense and very much on par with the STAR method. They really want you to provide concrete and specific examples that touch on each of the STAR criteria (describing the situation, task, action and result). I highly recommend searching for sample FA interview questions and practicing answers using STAR to them. Have a good 3-4 work experiences/projects to reference in your answers. Here are some of the questions asked that I can remember... -Name a time you got into a conflict with a coworker. How did you resolve it? -Describe a time you learned a new process? How did you go about it? -Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service? Or describe excellent customer service. -Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a challenge. -What is most and least appealing about the FA position? 9. They then led us to another room to wait and told us that there would be another exercise. Slowly other candidates and all the recruiters trickled in. Once we were all there (there were about 12-15 of us maybe), they gave us the tentative offer letters and had us fill out paperwork, get finger-printed, etc. Overall, it was a very enjoyable experience and the recruiters made it very exciting and fun. They get you really pumped about the job and company. My biggest piece of advice is to just stay turned on the whole time and have fun! No matter what the result, make the most of it, learn from it and tweak wherever you (I certainly have after 3 interviews), and make new friends!

Interview Questions

• Really practice and rehearse your introduction and interview questions. Dress the part also! Since you will be held to a strict uniform policy as a FA, you should demonstrate that you are already capable of that.   4 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and within a week received an email to do the online interview. The link goes right into the interview so be prepared when you click on the link to do the interview. I had no idea what the questions would be and was not prepared. I was a babbling idiot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an irate customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Did a video interview and now waiting to go to a face to face. The video interview was fun, and unconventional because it was not a person you're talking to, you're looking at yourself trying to remember the question. Overall it was fun and different.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that qualifies you to work here?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

Interview

Applied on a Wed, by Thurs morning I received an email to interview via automated video. I waited about a full week until I actually sat down to do it. During that time I received 3 emails, the invite to interview, the reminder email, and lastly, the "last" reminder to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, but the process was different and I was visibly nervous. It was awkward and I'm sure I was a babbling idiot during the process. I hope they see past that, and ask me to a f2f interview.   Answer Question

Quality Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

The "vibe" entering the interview process reminded me of 1967 business practice. Totally old school, good ole boy mindset and it was obvious. Also, very arrogant. It was a suit and tie experience and one was made to feel as though one should be in awe of their awesomeness. The process involved 3 interviews with final interview conducted by the department head and the person one would be reporting to. There was also a divisional VP present.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I saw a ramp agent spitting on the tarmac in view of the public?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty easy, take it of leave it!