US Airways

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Applied in early January, 2014 and about a month later was invited to a video interview. Five questions total; a few of which were: Why do you want to become a flight attendant? and Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.

About six months after the video interview, I was invited to a F2F interview in Dallas, TX. It was a group of about 16 candidates, the process began with being broken down into three groups of 5-6 people and we did a group project to get to know each other better, followed by a group interview with three people, and after that we were called for a one on one and if you were chosen for training they brought you in to be fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to hire a flight attendant, what qualities would you look for and why?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Applied in September. Was invited to do a video interview right away. These were mostly basic interview questions. There isn't someone actually interviewing you, you're basically just speaking into the camera. About a month later I was called for a face to face interview at their training center in Dallas, TX. I was flown out there about a month after that. When I arrived at the training center, a group of about twenty five people were taken into a room where we played a nice breaker and we're introduced to the people who would be interviewing us. The ice breaker was really used to show that we were capable of working together as a group. After that we were broken up into different groups of about five people and were taken back for a group interview. They asked us a total of five questions. Most of it was about our customer service experience and trying to find out what wee could bring to the table. After the group interview was over, we got back together to watch a presentation about the position and we're then taken back to fill out final paperwork. During this time we were then taken for one on one interviews. I was asked a few questions and was offered the position on the spot. I was really impressed with the facility, the interview process, and their professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • If you could get involved with a community service organization in your area, what would it be and why?   View Answer

Customer Service Manager (Shift Manager) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in October 2014.

Applied online and received an email several weeks later asking to schedule a phone interview. Received automated call for phone interview on predetermined day at pre determined time. Interview lasted about 40 minutes with a recruiter. Pretty standard questions all STAR based. Also went over work history and education again. Got the normal "I'll forward your info to a senior recruiter".

A couple weeks later I got a phone call (followed by email) informing me that they would like to fly me up to my assigned hub for a face to face. Flight/interview was set up for a week later. They provided flight for me out and back. Interview session was very professional but relaxing. It was with two Duty Managers (Senior Managers) one AW one BW (who would be my boss). STAR all the way. About 10 questions total, 5 each going back and forth. Then asked to give a brief overview of my resume and how each job makes me a good fit for this position. Shook hands and I was off to my gate. Whole thing about 45mins.

Got the call a week later asking for a final phone interview with a BW Director. 15mins no STAR very laid back and non scripted. People Scout called me a few days later offering the job.

I was offered top of scale due to experience, I don't think there is any negotiating. Relocation also offered.

Reservation Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in November 2014.

I applied for this position in August and received notification by email of an online interview opportunity. I did not take the interview then because I was trying to get another job. In mid-November, I received a phone call that indicated they were still interested in me and that I could take the online interview. It was only ten questions, mostly about customer service experience and specific examples of how I solved various customer service problems in the past. My ansered were recorded for later playback. I had a cold, so I sounded really bad.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to remember specific incidences of customer service problems, such as what I did when after realizing that I could not help the person or how I recommended other products than what was requested by customer.   Answer Question

Internal Controller Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

Applying on my college career website and scheduling an interview. After the interview, I got a call that let me input some information in a online survey. Finally, I didn't get any information.

Us Airways Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Easy but had to wait for 2 week background check... You submit application and request for background check. Then you get drug tested and have to show that you can lift 70 pounds. After that I interviewed with a panel of 2 and was immedietly hired.

The salary and hours were pre-set by the company

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

On the internet i saw that us airways is in need of flight attendants, so i applied and 8 days later i was invited to do the online interview. The email told me that i had 5 days to complete the online interview. I ended up doing the interview on the last day available because i was just busy. I was a little nervous and didn't really know what to expect from the online interview. I prepared questions that i could be possibly asked and I'm glad i did because it came in handy. the first part of the online interview was you have to fill out some questions bases if you are eligible to work in the states and other questions like that. then the page loads and you have to set up your camera and your mic to make sure it works. After the set up it ask if you are ready to start the interview, and it lets you know that the question will be repeated twice and you have 30 sec to think about your answer then the recording will start automatically and you have up to 3 min for your answer. There was a total of 6 questions. the questions were the following. this is what i remember, its not word for word.
    What attracted you to flight attending position and what do you know about our corporation?
    What previous work in the customer service industry that can help you benefit to be hired as a flight attendant?
    name a time when you had outstanding customer service and what made it memorable?
    name one of the most difficult team experience and what you learned from it?
    being that us airways has multiple bases, if you were to be relocated to a new base, what excites you with moving to a new city immediately following training?
    Proffesional image is important, are you able to adhere to the policy if selected (i.e no piercing, visible tattoos, crazy hair)

So now i just have to wait and hear back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

Apply online.
    Video interview where you are asked 5 basic questions. If you make it past the video then you are called for f2f in north Carolina.
    You arrive the morning of and a shuttle takes you to head quarters. You are split into two groups. You are given a company presentation and AA merger video. They tell you where you will be based and pay.
    You are then asked to go to the front of the room and state what you think makes a good flight attendant. I honestly do not know what they look for here because the people that were chosen out of my group were all very very very different. My best advice is be the best you that you can be at this point because you never know what they are looking for.
    Then within your group you are splint into smaller groups for a group activity. Be friendly and active and I honestly (once again) couldn't tell you what exactly they are looking for here and maybe that was my problem. Just be confident and prepare. Be yourself too.
    Then they feed you lunch. All recruiters leave the room and come back and tell you the interview is over and you will hear back via email if you are selected. But right before you leave they asked 3 people to stay back because HR required more paper work. (This is your indication that you didn't make it and the 3 that got left behind got f2f interviews)
    As you walk out they wish you luck.

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

really hard to get job. Out of 7000 apps, they selected 300 folks. Web site is a nightmare. Must re-enter your information often. I think they purge the files. It is a tough position to get. The interview is a notice in the mail for a phone interview, they a computer interview, then a face to face, then another face to face, then a federal level background check, takes weeks for them to complete, then you get the AOK report for duty. Then training at a computer for next 4 weeks - intense! Then 3 assessment tests which are hard. If you do not pass one at a 85% or better, you are terminated on the spot! So, you are not officially hired unless you can pass the 3 assessment tests. They pay you - $10.21 per hour. You get 2 fifteen minute breaks and a 30 lunch. They keep very close track of your time - any screw-ups and its termination time. If you are into HEAVY stress, this is for you. You do get flight benefits, but at $10.21 an hour, you can fly somewhere, then what... The benefits are really good, but at $10.21 an hour, you cannot afford them.

Interview Questions
    • want to know how good you are with difficult customers.   View Answer
    there is no negotiation.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

F2F:
    Dark blazer, non-tight skirt/pants, blouse, black heels, hair up, light makeup. Suit for men.

Group: W/ 4 or 5 other people, write a unique quality about yourself. Make it reflect your work ability! Smile, don’t be bossy, work with your team to get answers for the other groups. Bossy/overbearing people will not make the cut!

Different group: What made you apply for this position? Make it about desire to service guests, flexibility and that you have a warm, enthusiastic personality.

Be confident in your answers!